14th February 2016, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Which course should i do - B.Sc. Home Science or B.Sc. Fashion Designing?

I am doing +2 in commerce with fine arts. I want to pursue fashion designing. But i am confused between bsc home science and bsc fashion designing as i want to stay in ludhiana only and complete my studies here. Please help me.

14th February 2016, 05:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should i do - B.Sc. Home Science or B.Sc. Fashion Designing?

From my point of view, you must opt for Bachelor's degree in Fashioning Designing because of career opportunities it provides as compared to Home Science in present scenario. You can pursue career as :

1. Fashion Designers.

2. Costume Designers.

3. Freelance Design Consultants.

4. Entrepreneurs and many more.

You can move to other state or place if it is about career issues. Sometimes all things are not available at one place. However final decision is all yours.
14th February 2016, 10:50 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should i do - B.Sc. Home Science or B.Sc. Fashion Designing?

You need to pursue B.Com after that you can pursue some courses related with Fashion Designing. You should prefer either short term courses or long term courses. It costs around Rs.15,000 - Rs. 20,000 minimum. Generally costs depends on period of course. It helps you in establishing your own business.
14th February 2016, 11:44 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

There is ample scope of both Home Science and Fashion Designing in Ludhiana as there are many private firms which recruit graduates of these disciplines. You should opt for the course as per the below factors.

- Your level of interest in each of these fields.
- Your knowledge base in both these fields.
- Your future goals and aspirations.
15th February 2016, 11:55 PM
rituja mukherjee

If you wish to pursue fashion designing then you should take up B.Sc in fashion designing. You can pursue it by staying at Ludhiana as there are a number of colleges that offer B.Sc in fashion designing on a distance mode. Colleges which offer B.Sc in fashion designing on a distance mode are-
1. Bharathiyar University
2. University of Madras
3.MET Noida
4.Punjab University
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?