13th July 2017, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Is mathematics necessary for fashion designing?

Is mathematics necessary for fashion designing? I am a science student and after completing my 12th, I want to make carrier in fashion field. So, please tell all the necessity for joining fashion College.

14th July 2017, 02:43 AM
ranu shahi

Default Re: Is mathematics necessary for fashion designing?

As per I know, mathematics is not necessary for fashion designing.

Eligibility criteria for Fashion Designing:-
To pursue fashion designing in under graduate level then the aspirant must be passed 10+2 with minimum 50 percent aggregate.

Best institutes for pursuing fashion designing are:-
National institute of Fashion technology
National Institute of Design
International Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi
J.D Institute of fashion Technology, New Delhi
Indian Institute of Art and Fashion Technology, Mumbai.
14th July 2017, 08:05 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

No, mathematics is not necessary for fashion designing.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

1. Candidate should have passed 12th class in any stream stream from a recognized board.

2. The maximum age of candidate should not be greater than 25 years.

3. Also candidates must have minimum passing marks in any discipline.
14th July 2017, 11:02 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

After completing 12th standard in any discipline you can opt for fashion destining course. No, mathematics is not mandatory to make a career in fashion field. But, if you study mathematics then it will be beneficial for you. In some parts of fashion field mathematics plays an important role, so having knowledge in mathematics in not a waste, but a boon to your fashion designing career.

After completing 12th standard with minimum 55% - 60% marks from a recognized board you can get admission in colleges to pursue fashion designing courses. But, before that you have to appear for a written examination after qualifying which you can get admission.
14th July 2017, 12:14 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

No, Mathematics is not necessary for fashion designing course.Candidates of fashion designing courses are taught about drawing and computer related design program so that they can illustrate their creativity and innovative designs in the best possible manners.
A candidate who have completed 10+2 in any stream is eligible to join fashion designing course.
You should have good percentage marks in your 10+2, as many college/institute admit candidates in their fashion designing course on the merit marks scored in the 10+2 examination.
Many colleges/institutes also prefer to take their own entrance test to admit candidates to their various courses.
14th July 2017, 02:20 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

For admission in fashion Designing course, you need to apply for National Institute of Fashion Technology entrance exam.

Candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in higher secondary to apply for NIFT entrance exam.

Mathematics is necessary to apply for entrance exam of fashion designing course.
14th July 2017, 06:56 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, Mathematics is not necessary for Fashion designing course.

The general eligibility to join fashion designing course is 10+2 in any stream with at least 50% marks.

In the prominent institutes, admission is strictly on merit. A merit list is prepared based on the performance in the written test, situation test, group discussion and interview.
15th July 2017, 07:34 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes, you can apply for fashion designing. As per eligibility criteria a candidate must be 12th passed with science stream .

You have to apply for these exams-
NIFT

NID

IIFT

CEED

You can take admission in B.Des and B.Ftech for fashion designing.
17th July 2017, 09:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is mathematics necessary for fashion designing? I am a science student and after completing my 12th, I want to make carrier in fashion field. So, please tell all the necessity for joining fashion College.
No, Mathematics is not compulsory for fashion designing.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard or diploma course from a recognized board/university are eligible for fashion designing course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?