10th December 2016, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

Is Maths important in degree courses with Geography?

Respected Sir, I did not have Maths as a subject in class 11th and 12th, I want to take Geography as my future career stream so I want to know is Maths important in degree courses with Geography? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do geography honours, if haven't studied economics and maths in 10+2?
  2. Difference between BA in Geography and B.Sc. in Geography?
  3. Is Maths at 10+2 important for B.Pharm? Can I complete the degree without Maths?
  4. Will it affect my future if I dont have Maths in my combination of BSc Geography Honors? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I get admission in geography honors without economics and maths?
  6. Courses which are suitable for me after 12th(Maths, Computer, Geography, Economics and English subject)?
  7. Universities which provide Master degree in Geography through correspondence?
  8. How environmental study is important in geography honors course?
  9. What are the courses available in field of Geography? How can I pursue such courses? -- [New]
  10. Can I pursue MA in Geography if I did not have geography as a subject in graduation? Which Institutes offer MA in Geography?
  11. What do I have to do after passing 12th? I am in 12th
  12. Which subjects should I choose for BA course having interest in Geography, Maths and History?
  13. Any PG degree in Maths related to BSc, B.Ed Mathematics? Which universities offer the course in Tamilnadu?
  14. Study centers of IGNOU which provide geography hons
  15. Can I apply for NET exam in PG degree Geography after passing BSc Mathematics and MSc geography
  16. What are the Geography related courses available in IGNOU? Universities providing distance course of M.A. in Geography in India?
  17. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Geography in distance from Burdwan after passing M.A Geography?
  18. What can I do after B.A in Geography or M.A in Geography? How to do higher studies in Geography in India?
16th December 2016, 01:44 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Maths important in degree courses with Geography?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I did not have Maths as a subject in class 11th and 12th, I want to take Geography as my future career stream so I want to know is Maths important in degree courses with Geography? Please answer as soon as possible.

Students should have passed 12th class with good marks in geography or equivalent from a recognized Board are eligible for the BA Geography course. So the mathematics subject is not compulsory for taking admission to BA Geography course. The candidates after completion of the course can pursue higher studies in Geography. The BA Geography candidates can apply for various government and private sector jobs. They can apply for bank clerk and probationary officer posts, UPSC Civil Service Examination, state staff selection commission etc.
30th December 2016, 03:52 PM
bablu singh71

No,math is not compulsory subject in 11th and 12th classes for in further in degree courses with Geography. You can also do study in Geography without maths in classes of 11th and 12th.
29th March 2019, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I didn't take Geography in 11th and 12th but i want to go further in geography for degree and further. Can i do geography honours, if i haven't studied geography in 10 2?
28th May 2019, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Is main is necessary or not for doing geography honours?
27th November 2019, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

I am currently in class 11 and I want to take geography honours, a bsc degree, but I dont have mathematics as my subject. My subjects are, Economics, Geography, Sociology and History. Can I opt for a bsc degree in geography later in future?
8th June 2020, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

Sir/Mam,I want to know what types of maths we will get in geography honours leaving statiscs
12th June 2020, 05:51 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Lightbulb Re: Is Maths important in degree courses with Geography?

No,math is not compulsory subject in 11th and 12th classes for in further in degree courses with Geography.

You can also do study in Geography without maths in classes of 11th and 12th
13th June 2020, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am a student of class 12 I want to do geography B sc and Msc hons but I have no math or econonomics in class12. If I able to read geography
26th July 2020, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

I have non medical in class 12th but in B.A i want to take geography honours then math is compulsary in B.A subjects or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?