27th February 2017, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to get admission in B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics at government colleges after Diploma in ECE?

Hello sir, I have completed Diploma in ECE and I want to changed it to B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics engineering through lateral entry. Can I take admission in any government colleges in this stream?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to study EEE for a candidate after completion of ECE Diploma?
  2. Possibility to study Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering for a candidate who has completed ITI Electrical 20 years ago?
  3. Can I study B.Tech(Electrical & Electronics Engineering) being a Diploma Electrical Engineer?
  4. Can I get admission in Government colleges with 42% in GATE 2015?
  5. Procedure to get admission in any government college of Maharashtra to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) for Diploma in ECE student? What does Lateral Entry Test means?
  6. Admission in B.E or B.Tech electrical in Rajasthan government engineering college?
  7. Is there a possibility to get admission in diploma in Mechanical after completion of diploma in agriculture?
  8. Is there any possibility to do B.Tech without entrance exam for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  9. Possibility to study B.E.(Aeronautical Engineering) for Diploma Electrical and Electronics student?
  10. Possibility to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) for Diploma Electrical Engineer?
  11. How to do diploma in electrical or electronics distance mode? I have done 2 years ITI in electronics
  12. Is it possible to complete B.Sc Electronics in 2 years after completing Diploma in Electronics and Communication?
  13. Is there any possibility to get a government college in Anna University Counseling
  14. Which is better to study among B.Tech and AMIE after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  15. Can I get a chance to join government college after completing diploma in electrical and electronics engineering in PSG Tech
  16. Can I get admission in government colleges after completing diploma in Electronics and Communication? I have passed 3rd year diploma
  17. Admission to government colleges in Pune after completing diploma in electrical engineering with 79.25 marks?
  18. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
27th February 2017, 05:07 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to get admission in B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics at government colleges after Diploma in ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed Diploma in ECE and I want to changed it to B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics engineering through lateral entry. Can I take admission in any government colleges in this stream?

Yes, you can get admission in B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering at Government Colleges after completion of Diploma in ECE. The admission to the lateral entry will be done through a lateral entry entrance examination. The candidates will be admitted directly to the second year of the B.Tech course. The marks scored in the entrance examination are important for taking the admission in the college you want to join. There are about 10 to 15% of seats will be reserved for the lateral entry mode in each government colleges. So you can get admission to study B.Tech through lateral entry mode in government engineering colleges.
27th February 2017, 08:58 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to get admission in B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics at government colleges after Diploma in ECE?

Yes, you can appear for entrance examination to get admission in government colleges in B.Tech or B.E course after diploma degree.

Candidates are eligible to get admission only in state government colleges not eligible for admission in NIT's and IIT's.

Candidates through lateral entry will be eligible to get admission in 2nd year of course.

Some of the examination for admission in course is :-

UPSEE.

BCECE ( LE ).

The minimum required eligibility and reservation of seats for candidates on state domicile varies with state.
27th February 2017, 10:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to get admission in B.Tech (Electrical and Electronics engineering) course after completion of your three years Diploma course in ECE from a recognised university. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Tech (Electrical and Electronics engineering) course, you should have passed Diploma course in EEE from a recognised board. Since, you have passed Diploma in ECE, you are eligible to get lateral entry admission in B.Tech ECE course.
3rd March 2017, 09:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed diploma in ECE, so you are eligible for B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics engineering through lateral entry.

Those candidates who have completed diploma course in ECE, EEE, EE from a recognized University are eligible for B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

Your age should be below 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?