14th February 2016, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

Which subject i should opt in 12th instead of Maths for pursuing Fashion Designing in future?

I took in Commerce stream in 11th standard. I want to skip mathematics. I want to know instead of mathematics, which subject i can take for fashion designing? Please help me.

15th February 2016, 03:06 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject i should opt in 12th instead of Maths for pursuing Fashion Designing in future?

Yes , Commerce student can also pursue a degree course in fashion designing because minimum qualification required to appear in the Entrance Test conducted by Top universities of fashion designing is 12th in any stream with minimum 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories as per government rules.
You can appear in the given below Entrance Test:

National Institute of Fashion Technology
National Institute of Fashion Designing
Army Institute of Fashion Designing
SOFT
etc.
15th February 2016, 03:22 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject i should opt in 12th instead of Maths for pursuing Fashion Designing in future?

Candidate who wants to pursue degree in fashion designing has to pass in 12th class in any stream. So you can appear in the entrance exam of fashion designing conducted by top universities of our country. So, it is not a compulsion to study mathematics in class 12th to pursue a degree course in fashion designing.
15th February 2016, 06:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Normally, for fashion designing course any stream students are eligible for admission through entrance exam. If you want to get admission in Fashion technology B.Tech course then make sure you study PCM stream.

Admission will be based in the performance in written exam conducted by the concerned institute. Seats are allotted based on rank through counseling.
15th February 2016, 10:22 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I took in Commerce stream in 11th standard. I want to skip mathematics. I want to know instead of mathematics, which subject i can take for fashion designing? Please help me.
The aspirant can choose any subject in 12th standard to pursue his career in Fashion Designing course. The eligibility to study the fashion designing course is a pass in 12th standard. There will be an entrance examination in the reputed institutions like NIFT. The NIFT has branches all over India.

Official website - Click Here.

You can also study the course in the Amity School of Fashion Technology; the duration of the course is 4 years.

Official website - Click Here.
15th February 2016, 11:10 PM
rituja mukherjee

There is no need to take up maths in +2 level if you are interested to take up Fashion designing in future. You can either take up commerce or humanities. For fashion designing students AIEED, CEED, NIFT & NID are the most important exams.These exams are such to check the communication ability, qualititative and logical ability of the student. So which ever subject you choose, you have to prepare for the exams separately.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?