11th March 2018, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET(Life Science) with 51% and 49% in Graduation and Post Graduation respectively?

Sir, I have scored only 51% in my graduation. But I got 49% in my post graduation. I have studied Biology in graduation and post graduation. I am not sure that I can be eligible for UGC-NET. Can I give UGC-NET for Life Science?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET(Home Science) with 57% and 51% in Graduation and Post Graduation respectively? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to appear for UGC exam after scoring 46% in graduation and 52% in Post Graduation? I am from General Category
  3. Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET(Commerce) for a candidate with 42.7% in Graduation and 47.4% in Post Graduation?
  4. Eligibility for UGC JRF after completing post graduation in Economics?
  5. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET(Commerce) with 47.2% and 58% in Graduation and Post Graduation respectively?
  6. Can I appear for NET after pursuing graduation from Open and post graduation from regular college?
  7. Can I apply for UGC-NET if completed Post Graduation in Environment & Development program?
  8. Which post graduation course is good with 38% BA graduation in Marathi?
  9. Minimum qualification in graduation and post graduation to be eligible for UGC NET exam 2018?
  10. Am I Eligible for post graduation in Actuarial Science?
  11. Am I eligible to do post graduation course with M.Sc in MLT after completion of graduation in Bachelor of Science?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for DEO after completion of graduation in science and post graduation in English literature?
  13. Eligibility for Post graduation in Forensic Science after BCA with 73% marks? Which specialization need to choose for the same?
  14. Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET for an OBC candidate with 51% in Graduation and 70% in PG?
  15. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET with Commerce if completed Graduation in Commerce and Post Graduation in Economics?
  16. Will I be eligible for UGC lecturership after graduation and PG in English from IGNOU? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I study Post Graduation in Forensic Science after B.Sc Biotechnology?
  18. Post graduation courses for which I am eligible?
24th April 2018, 02:54 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET(Life Science) with 51% and 49% in Graduation and Post Graduation respectively?

I am very much sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in the UGC-NET examination after the completion of your Post Graduate course with only 49% of marks in it. You must score a minimum of 55% of marks in Post Graduation in order to be eligible for NET examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear in the UGC-NET examination.
25th April 2018, 01:25 PM
mohammadhassan

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET(Life Science) with 51% and 49% in Graduation and Post Graduation respectively?

You should have scored at least 55% marks in your Post graduation to secure your eligibility for NET exams.

All the participants to appear in UGC-NET examination should have completed their Master's degree course with a minimum 55% marks from a recognized University.
25th April 2018, 10:59 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to appear in UGC NET (Life Science) Examination with the above mentioned percentages. Yes, basically there is a certain eligibility criteria that is to be followed.

>> Candidates must follow the percentage required in qualifying examination,
* For General and OBC Candidates - 55% marks
* For SC/ ST/ PWD Candidates - 50% marks

As you have scored less than what is required, I can say that you are not eligible to appear in UGC NET Life Science examination. Candidates must have completed their Master's Degree in the concerned stream from a recognized university with 50% marks in order to be eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?