13th June 2021, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

How can I become a Professor after BA English honours?

Kindly do tell me that how can I become a professor after completing B.A. English honours and what can I do for it?

14th June 2021, 12:00 PM
Singhskomal

Default Re: How can I become a Professor after BA English honours?

After B.A. you are not eligible for the professor post... if you want to become college or university professor you must be postgraduate with minimum 55% with recognized University...5% relaxation for reserve candidate...after postgraduate with minimum 55% you can appear for UGC NET exams...entrance exam for ph.d ( doctors in philosophy) you may become assistant professor during your ph.d..
14th June 2021, 05:10 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become a Professor after BA English Honours:-

In order to become a professor in India, you have to follow a few steps:-

Step 1 - Complete your senior secondary with any stream( Science, Arts, Commerce ).

Step 2 - Pursue graduation in a subject you have an interest in.

Step 3 - Pick subject for your master's you want to expertise in.
14th June 2021, 06:32 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Steps to follow for a graduate to become a professor are given below:-

1. Pursue a post - graduation course from any university.
2. Score minimum 55% marks in post graduation.
3. Then, apply for NET exam.
4. Once you clear NET exam.
5. You are eligible.
14th June 2021, 06:32 PM
Msdhoni02

To apply for this exam, you must have a master's degree with at least 55% marks secured from a recognized university, to be eligible for this exam. Once you clear the exam and receive the UGC NET Certificate, you can apply for Assistant Professor profile in reputed colleges and universities across the country.
15th June 2021, 11:02 AM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Procedure to become a Professor after BA English honours is as follows.

Once you complete BA go for MA in relevant subjects and complete it with minimum 55% from recognized university.

Appear and crack UGC NET/CSIR or equivalent exam.

On the basis of score of UGC NET/ CSIR or equivalent exam, applicant will be eligible to apply for the position of professor in any recognized college.

If applicant could clear interview than you will be recruited as professor.
15th June 2021, 04:16 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

As you have just completed your Bachelor's degree in English, you have to complete your Master's degree in English with minimum 55% aggregate (if you belong to General category and 5% relaxation is given to SC/ST candidates) in order to become a Professor.

Then you have to qualify National Eligibility Test (NET) which is conducted by UGC in the subject you have pursued your Master's Degree.

With this qualification, you can become a Professor.
15th June 2021, 05:10 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

After completing graduation you have to pursue Post Graduation in English.
It is compulsory to score at least 55% marks in aggregate for general candidate and 50% marks for others.
After that if you want to pursue PhD. then go for that otherwise you will have to clear entrance exam to be eligible for the post of Professor.
Some of the entrance exams are as follows:-
NET
GATE
SLET
If you have completed PhD. you will be exempted from clearing entrance examination and you can apply directly in any college.
16th June 2021, 07:29 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become a Professor after BA English Honours:-

NET - National Eligibility Test is conducted by UGC. The candidate should have master's degree with at least 50% marks from a recognised University to qualify this examination .
After qualifying this examination the candidate are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor.
16th June 2021, 10:24 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

To become a professor after BA in English honours, you need to be an expert in the field of study and have to prove that you are qualified to teach students for their college degrees. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have a Master's degree in the concerned subject along with a good academic record throughout the academic career. The candidate should have a qualified NET (National Eligibility Test) or PhD in the relevant field.

You can start your career as a lecturer or directly as an Assistant Professor after the required qualification. After gaining some experience you can then apply for the Associate Professor and after attaining 12-14 years of teaching experience you can be promoted to the post of Professor.
17th June 2021, 08:15 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become a Professor after BA English honours:-

After B.A. in English honours , you have to complete Master's degree with at least 55% marks in English then you can give NET exam. Thereafter, you can pursue your PhD. Once you clear NET exam you are eligible to become a professor. There is no age bar for becoming a professor.

Further more details you can visit into the official website of the UGC NET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?