13th May 2021, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

How can I pursue PhD after completing GNM?

I have completed my class 12th in commerce now I am pursuing GNM and I now I am 3rd year of this course so I want to know how can I pursue any doctorate course after completing GNM?

14th May 2021, 09:42 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I pursue PhD after completing GNM?

If you have a diploma in General Nursing from any recognised Institutional body, you can apply for a PhD nursing if the institution is recognised by the Indian Nursing Council.

If an individual has is registration as a nurse from the state Nursing Council, then he or she is eligible for Ph.D program in nursing.
14th May 2021, 06:27 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Eligibility:-

The candidates should have completed Post graduation M.Sc./ M.Phil. in Nursing or any other equivalent discipline from a recognized university with an aggregate of at least 55% marks.

The candidates who have passed Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery from any institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council are also allowed to join provided they have sufficient professional experience.

There is no age limit.

The candidates must be medically fit.
14th May 2021, 10:48 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you have a degree of Diploma in General Nursing or GNM from any recognized institute, you can apply for PhD in Nursing if the institution is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council.
If an individual has a registration as a nurse from the state nursing council, then he/she is eligible to pursue PhD program in Nursing.
15th May 2021, 12:20 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° No, you cannot pursue PhD after completing GNM.
GNM stands for general nursing and midwifery course and it is a diploma course.
You cannot pursue doctor of philosophy after diploma course is the minimum educational qualification required is master's degree in the respective field from a recognised Institute or university.

°°° I I would suggest you to pursue post basic nursing after general nursing and midwifery course and after then you can pursue Masters in nursing and then you will be eligible to pursue PHD.
15th May 2021, 03:50 AM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Procedure to pursue PhD after completing GNM is as follows.

You can apply for PhD in nursing from any institution by visiting their respective website.

Some Institute require working experience to be eligible to pursue PhD course after GNM while some allows students directly after GNM.

You can also secure admission through entrance exam conducted by AIIMS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?