View Poll Results: Govt. Job vs. Private Sector Job

Government Job 383 77.06%
Private Sector Job 114 22.94%
Voters: 497. You may not vote on this poll

26th June 2013, 10:58 AM
R091367

Default Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

Government jobs are securable then the private jobs so i always prefer government jobs.

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any possibility for me to get a good private sector job after having experience with Government job?
  2. Best option between government job and private job?
  3. List of career opportunities available for a B.Tech graduate in Petroleum engineering from school of Petroleum technology Gandhinagar? I've secured CPI 5.75
  4. What would be best for me after passing MCA, Government or Private Sector?
  5. What are the job opportunities available for a fashion designer in both private and government sector?
  6. Can I go with the government job or change to private sector job?
  7. What is the different of salary we will get in private jobs and government jobs? What is the scope for both sectors?
  8. Where should I opt for job among Government and Private Sectors after completion of B.Sc(Sericulture)? Job opportunities in Government sector? -- [New]
  9. Job in government sector or private sector after GNM in private?
  10. Can I get government job after 12 years of IT experience in private sector?
  11. Which sector is better for government job or private job? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I get a job in government sector after scoring 72% in B.E? What is the available scope in private sector?
  13. Should I prepare for government job or take of freshers job in private sector?
  14. Government/Public sector job after completing MCA with 1 year experience in private IT sector?
  15. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  16. Jobs available in Karnataka for Biotechnology Engineers?
  17. What are the career options after LLB?
  18. Job opportunities in Private/Government sector for a B.Sc Agriculture graduate?
2nd July 2013, 12:29 PM
harishbanu

I prefer private sector job.We all know that today's governments officers are not working properly.
If we are getting some job,then we have to do satisfaction to that job. Otherwise we won't deserve it.
Private sector will provide money that how much we work.That means if we work hard, we will get good salary and if we won't work hard, we won't get good salary.
Where as if we work hard or not ,all of the officers of same department will get same salary. where is the significance for hard work and encouragement?.So, in government sector we won't get encouragement,significance and job satisfaction.
4th July 2013, 02:05 PM

I want Government job only.

Currently i am working in private sector only. Even though I am getting good package and having permanent job in my hand...but i am not feeling secure and not enjoying my person life due long hectic working hours.

Compare to private sector Govt sectors having lots of Advantages like;

1. Having life time secured job.
2.Good salary also
3.Enjoying all public holiday which we never get in private.
4.Good working hours.
5.Professionally development opportunities...,etc...

thank you
15th July 2013, 11:58 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

i like to do private job because private will be independent job will not have any risk
23rd July 2013, 06:25 PM
Raja.azher

Dear Friends,
As we know that security point of the view Government job is far better than Private job, why because in private sector, employer can be fire any time, if he is not satisfied with your job or any thing else. but the other side you get many facility in government sector such as pension, retirement, government flat for residence, and in some defense job, get we also child education fee.
So, finally we could say that government job is better than private sector job.
31st July 2013, 12:11 PM
Rachna.pahwa

Dear All,
Security point of the view, Government job is far better than any other job, beside salary government job provide many facility like retirement, pension plan, child education, House for living etc.
So, Government job is better in all aspect than private job.
8th August 2013, 03:56 PM
Keerthan kumar s

Smile Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

See dude in government jobs,the beginning salary is more when compared to private jobs.At the same time in government sector there will be no promotion,u have stick on to the same position.or else u should have influence or have to pay the money.Where as in private jobs,there is much scope for skill and brilliance.If u use do the work successfully and use less time,u will be respected in a good way.So what i prefer is if u want a great value for your intelligence,u better go to public sector.
15th August 2013, 03:45 PM
Aj Arya
Junior Member+

Government job is most secured one, but comparing the salaries with private sector job it is less even though government jobs good in providing the facilities to the job holder and their family
They are most secured.
After the retirement also the government is paying the allowance on the name of the job holder.
20th August 2013, 10:15 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

hello

i have only funda, "work like a labor and like a king'

the diffrence between government and private job is

1)in private job ,we can avail the government facility where the employee of the government sector get.

2)retirement salary will be get in case of government

3)leaves also more in case of government job

4)working hours for government is less when compare to private job..

but still i prefer private job why because in private job they will pay you what you did for the whole day.when company found that the employee is not working or breaking the rules.then they directly removed them from the company.either you to work or quit the job.what you are working that pay you will receive.customers care is must.

where as in government job,either you work or not ,monthly pay you will received.it makes man lazy and they first look after their relatives work..

from my experience i am saying.

for example=parents wants their child to study in private school but wants an government job.

thank you
20th September 2013, 08:41 PM
bhimpatibhargav

government job will get salary after retirement and it will permanent job ,but private job also better to get high salariesand it's not permanent
31st December 2013, 11:39 PM
henald

Both government and private sector jobs have their advantages and disadvantages. It really depends on your goals long term. Government jobs offer a few advantages that the private sector doesn't offer.

For example, most government jobs provide benefits that are not available in the private sector. The government will often provide housing, medical, and other money for expenses related to a family where the private sector will not. The government also provides a number of retirement advantages and programs that are no longer available in the private sector. The private sector, however, is willing to pay significantly more for a position than the government will. Someone in the private sector can earn as much as three or four times the amount of money a year than the same position in the government will pay. Advancing in the government is also significantly different than in the private sector. The reality is that it depends on your goals long term.
1st January 2014, 09:11 PM
LaurenSmith

Definitely will try to get Federal job at all otherwise its all about wishes. LOL
5th January 2014, 08:14 PM
henald

Both government and private sector jobs have their advantages and disadvantages. It really depends on your goals long term. Government jobs offer a few advantages that the private sector doesn't offer. For example, most government jobs provide benefits that are not available in the private sector. The government will often provide housing, medical, and other money for expenses related to a family where the private sector will not. The government also provides a number of retirement advantages and programs that are no longer available in the private sector. The private sector, however, is willing to pay significantly more for a position than the government will. Someone in the private sector can earn as much as three or four times the amount of money a year than the same position in the government will pay. Advancing in the government is also significantly different than in the private sector. The reality is that it depends on your goals long term.
12th February 2014, 03:52 PM
Sowmya449

I really prefer Private jobs.... As a job holder still I don't want to depend on Govt. I have to improve more earn money....
If you want to serve the country & to have a secured job then it's definitely the Govt. job.if there is really a way to contribute to nation and change life of those around us,its definietly by being an entrepreneur.private sector though uncertain is exciting.. it gives u the flexibility,reward the ideas and pay handsomely..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?