View Poll Results: GATE or IES? Which one is tougher?

GATE 92 33.33%
IES 184 66.67%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

9th December 2011, 07:11 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Default Re: which is tougher GATE OR IES

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddusajj View Post
friends vote for which is tougher to clear gate or ies examinations,
and which offer better career opportunities
According to me both GATE and IES are equally tough but comparitively IES is a bit tougher.
it filters the talented candidates by testing both in conceptual and application knowledge and it gives a good job immediately after succeeding in ies but by succeeding in gate we can do M.Tech from top colleges in india and get a good job after completing M.Tech.
4th January 2012, 06:31 PM
krishnamurariray3165

Thumbs up Re: which is tougher GATE OR IES

Quote:
Dear Friend

IES & GATE both exam offer better career opportunities.........
According to me both exam are tougher on his individual place.
But i think IES exam is more tougher then GATE exam.

with regard
krishnamurari3165
5th January 2012, 11:49 AM
saurabh.dhyani

i think gate is tougher as it has almost technical questions to crack....besides ies is also difficult but it also includes basic questions which can easily be solved if u apply your appropriate attention to them...
9th January 2012, 12:40 PM
manishrajit

Quote:
Which is tougher GATE OR IES ?

GATE: GATE stands for graduation aptitude test for engineering.
IES: IES stands for Indian engineering service

In my opinion if you work hard success is always with you.
I think IES is tougher than GATE.

With regard
manishrajit
21st February 2012, 02:50 PM
odisha rocks!!!
Junior Member+

Smile Re: which is tougher GATE OR IES

According to me GATES is tougher and allows admission to PG COURSES.
IES is slightly easier than GATES but gets u job in the indian government engineering services...
23rd February 2012, 02:16 PM
satati

Both are difficult but i think GATE is more tougher than IES and it is also good for future. We get many good and convenient jobs which makes our life easy. High paid salaries and much more benefits.
29th February 2012, 08:52 PM
vinod90ece
Member+

Its so easy "IES is very tough" , there are very less seats for IES and big competition and after clearing paper there are very tough interview process.
2nd March 2012, 09:01 AM
chsvskoteswararao

IES is more harder than GATE because IES has both objective and conventional Papers.
28th April 2012, 01:18 PM
abcxyzlenovo2
Member+

yes i also think that gate is tougher than ies ...

And there are better career opportunities in gate
29th April 2012, 05:11 PM
abcxyzlenovo2
Member+

I think GATE is tougher than IES if u r gud in General Awareness
10th May 2012, 07:06 PM
a444

If you are interested to go down technically then you can go for GATE (For M.Tech) and on the other other hand if interested in Managerial things than go for CAT (for MBA).

And IES Indian Engineering Services plays more attention to the technical aspects of the candidate then the managerial aspects. So preparation for IES helps you more for GATE and slightly for CAT.
23rd May 2012, 11:27 AM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Cool Re: which is tougher GATE OR IES

Hello Friend,

i think IES is more tougher than GATE because IES has not only the written part to qualify but the interveiw and other same sections like that to qualify and merit is also a big factor where as in GATE if one just qualifies this exam then he/she is through without any other challenges . so in my openion GATE is just the test of one's brain where as IES is the test of one's brain as well as skill.

Thank You!
25th May 2012, 04:27 AM
GOUTHAMMADDY

I think IES is more tougher than GATE because one needs to approach more conceptually to solve the IES questions rather than GATE. GATE is definitely an easier exam ,when compared to IES because it is objective exam involved with a single paper,where as IES contains both objective and descriptive papers and the exam will be held for 3 days.
31st May 2012, 11:24 PM
manikantapalli89

Location: g-1, vijaya sai enclave-1, plot no:2, near balaji public school, r.r.v puram-post, visakhapatnam-29

I think GATE is tougher than IES as to take GATE exam and to qualify in that, a candidate needs to be good enough in all the 52 subjects that he studies in his B-tech course.
11th July 2012, 05:39 AM
Gauravshridhar

both have their own level but ies is more tuff because seats are less in ies than gate
24th July 2012, 01:07 PM
snehasalvi

i think ies is more tougher than gate for cracking
but gate is better in career

thank you.
16th August 2012, 05:49 PM
prince raj1

hi..
according to me IES is more tougher than GATE.In IES Examination, You Have to give Tests of total 1000 Marks including 1 paper of General Ability (2 Hours), 2 Objective papers(2 Hours for each paper) and 2 Conventional Papers (3 Hours for each paper) But in GATE Examination, You have to give Test of a Single Paper consists 60 Questions of 100 Marks for Duration of 3 Hours.
The IES Exam paper consists General and Technical paper Both But, GATE Exam Paper Consists only Technical Paper.
5th September 2012, 04:20 PM
shadab879

IES is tougher than GATE. It is really tough to crack the IES exam. It gives a lot of oppurtunity. We get a government job after clearing IES.According to me a government job is better than a private job. It gives a secure future.
31st October 2012, 04:19 PM
r082284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhilash Bachulinge View Post
according to me GATE exams are tougher
which brings good job opportunities in future
The question here is not about which one will give you the good future it is about the toughness in the exam
9th November 2012, 01:58 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hello,
Well if you say tougher then I will say GATE, but if you say better and more career oriented then I will say IES. GATE is difficult to achieve and that too just for M.tech study in any particular genre. Whereas IES is meant for job only. Although nowadays IOCL or ONGC prefer candidates, those who have cleared GATE. So there one can say that GATE is racing up. But on tough issue GATE 100% more tough than IES.
22nd December 2012, 10:02 AM
Siva mechanical

for my sake GATE exam is tougher than IES. because I has written birth the exams.
15th January 2013, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

i am also a student and i was searchng for which exam is best for me for my future career......but after reading the above comments i got clarified that i will going to fight first gate than after doing m.tech from a good institute i will fight ies ......

For the all students those are confused like me i want to suggest them all to fight first gate exam coz this gives you a secure result.....u definitely got the college....when u got ur m.tech degree than try to take the risk of ies.....coz ies hv only two option u r selected or not...
18th January 2013, 11:33 AM
aakash arya

GATE exam is tougher as it contains more logical questions.. and neither of them is straightforward.. it requires high analytical ability to undertand things..
19th January 2013, 11:02 AM
agiwalradhika65

I think both are tougher for those who read the exam titles.
But if sincere effort is put with determinatiion and dedication for either of the exam , i am sure they can be cracked by anyone.
both exams are tougher as they are concerned with post graduation courses
and are a step for brighter future.
16th February 2013, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

I think ies is tougher than gate only due to it has wider syllabus and have one paper of GS and there are 2 coventional papers also. Ies requiers constant and hard work.
And ies repeats some quesns every year.
while Gate produces more tough paper than ies but it asks selcted topics from every subject so it is easy to prepare. Gate requires deep knowledge to uderstand quesns coz if solved numerical wrong your answer would be there in option to confuse you.
All the best Engineers
14th March 2013, 12:14 AM
HIMANSHUAGARWAL123

Nothing is tough or easy. winning the race is not most important but to participate in it is important. It is depend on our thinking.
If some one do m.tech he/she can go in research agencies like drdo, isro, nasa etc. If he/she want to do a job in a company than he/she can go in it and will be paid high.
If some selected for ies it is also good because now he/she have its own job prospectus and image in public life.
If it is the matter of comparing then i think that ies is tough because a candidate will select throughout a series of test

Thanks
23rd April 2013, 03:09 PM
aklk224

Hi
As per my knowledge IES is very tough.In Gate Basic questions will come and only one paper and objective typr

Whereas in IES General awarness, Current affairs exam,Descriptive exam and objective type exam like this 3 days exam is there

But we will get good job through IES only.Thatswhy this is very difficult exam
22nd June 2013, 10:33 PM
r091372
Member+

In my point of view, Gate is Tougher than IES. Because Gate has only objective questions which will not tell whole talent about the student. Whereas IES Can test all knowledge he has.
But Both are so important in Student's career.
27th June 2013, 10:44 PM
R091367

According to me IES is tough..because it contain descriptive questions,some of the students may unable to attend them also.if u consider GATE,it is totally objective so we can easily solve and identifing the answer..even though it has -ve marks it will effect the grade if u r study well..
all the best.
15th August 2013, 03:27 PM
Aj Arya
Junior Member+

For the GATE exam we generally prepare the bits point of view but in the case of IES we have prepare for the 20 marks questions.if it is the case with theory question it is very problematic
13th September 2013, 10:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

According to me the GATE entrance exam will be tougher than the IES exam.Becuse the jobs are being recruited based on the GATE score and actually it is an entrance exam for the M.Tech course.The score that one you have secured in the GATE examination will be valid for a period of two years.Finally,the GATE exam will be tougher than the IES exam.
3rd May 2014, 05:51 PM
samar sohi

Depends on situation and from which clg. u studied.. if u have time and not cleared concept upto depth..,then just clear cut off for gate $ prepare for ies exam for next two years..self study and hard work consistently is enough to clear ies..But for gate self study is not enough untill ur concepts r not crystal clear, u cant get iit or psu...$ u have more chances to clear other pcs exam whose pattern is same as ies syllabus..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?