10th March 2015, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study M.A.(English) for B.A.(General) student of Calcutta University?

Hello,
My daughter is a student of B.A. of Calcutta university.
She is in General course. Her subject combination are English, Hindi and Economics. Is it possible for her to do Post Graduation in English from same University?
With Regards-
Sumit Sarkar

Related Questions:
  1. How to study LLB form Calcutta University? I am a 71 years old student
  2. How to study Law in Kolkata?
  3. Detailed procedure and eligibility to study LLM after completing B.Com from Calcutta University?
  4. Procedure to get admission in Calcutta University to study Ph.D for a candidate who has completed B.Com from Bardwan University 10 year ago?
  5. Can I study MCA from IGNOU? I am a B.Com commerce general student from Calcutta University
  6. How to become a Lawyer if I am 20 years old
  7. How to get admission in regular master degree in Geography? I am a graduate student of Calcutta University
  8. Can i study LLB in calcutta university and in any correspondence course after scoring 62% in HS?
  9. How to study M.Phil through distance?
  10. Detailed information and procedure to apply for Ph.D program in Calcutta University for MBA(HR) student? Can I get scholarship?
  11. How canI get admission in B.Com LLB 3 years course under Calcutta University? Is there any entrance exam for it?
  12. Can I write NDA exam in 11th standard?
  13. Date of forms for M.Sc for Calcutta university? How to get admission in Calcutta University for Applied Psychology? Will there be any Diploma or Degree course in Psychology?
  14. Eligibility for B.Com (H) from Calcutta University?
  15. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study PhD in Calcutta University?
  16. What are the opportunities after passing BSc general course from Calcutta University
  17. Scope after graduation from Calcutta University?
  18. Possibility to study M.Ed in distance in Osmania University? What is the process? -- [Most Discussed]
12th March 2015, 04:58 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study M.A.(English) for B.A.(General) student of Calcutta University?

Yes, she is eligible to study M.A.(English), even if she is B.A.(General) student. The minimum eligibility to get admission in M.A.(English) is that the Candidate should have completed his/her Bachelor's degree from a recognized institute with minimum 50% of marks.

Admission Procedure:-
To get admission in Calcutta university, you should apply for admission by submitting the application, which You can download the application form from its official website.
http://www.caluniv.ac.in/

Then the Calcutta university processes the applications and offers admission on the basis of merit. So, to get admission, your daughter should have good percentage in her Bachelor's course.
28th August 2015, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Possibility to study M.A.(English) for B.A.(General) student of Calcutta University?

i am a B.A general student my subject combination is History,political science, english and economics.Is it possible for me to do my post graduation in economics.
28th August 2015, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

I am a BA general student my subject combination is History,political science,english and economics .Is it possible for me to do my post graduation in economics.
31st August 2015, 06:45 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

She needs to complete her B.A course with an aggregate of 50% marks and she will be eligible for the course of Masters Degree in English.
She must crack the Entrance Examination for the course of Master Degree under Calcutta University and once she does so she will be eligible for admission to the course of M.A in English.
7th February 2016, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is a BA general student in Loreto House(Kolkata)with subject combination like English, Economics, Education and ENVS. Is it possible for her to do MA in English or in Economics from Calcutta University
15th February 2016, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

I am B.A general student under university of Calcutta ... And my combinations are English, political science and sociology ... Is there any possibility for me to do my masters in English or journalism under university of Calcutta ?
17th May 2016, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

I am B.A General student and i am going to appear part 3 examination this time. So i heard that there is not a chance for the general student to go further for masters in english. So i will be very grateful if you let me before i get my 3rd year result so that i can go ahead take a decision for further courses.
6th June 2016, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

My wife is a B.A student combination of History,English And Sociology. Is it possible for her to do Masters(MA) in English????
8th June 2016, 07:17 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am burdwan university general student.my subjects are English, philosophy and history. I want to ragular MA admission in English. I will take it.
20th June 2016, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.A general student under Kalyani University, my subject combination is English, Sanskrit and Political Science. Can I get regular admission in M.A. English course??
3rd February 2017, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.A general student under calcutta University, my subject combination is History ,Political Science and sociology. Can I get regular admission in M.A English course ..???
19th April 2017, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am.BA General student under Gourbanga university ,my subject combination is ELT Bengali,Education,Economics ..i want to M.A in Economics ..so.can i get regular Admission in M.A course..please told me...
19th July 2017, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a student of burdwan university ba general and my subject combinations are english,philosophy and political science. Can I be able to take admission in ma in english course at a regular basis??
18th August 2017, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a student of burdwan university ba general and my subject combinations are english,philosophy and political science. Can I be able to take admission in ma in english course at a regular basis??
1st September 2017, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study MSC (Geography) for general student of Calcutta university .
I am a B.SC general student under C. U my subject combination is Geography, Economic, Education. Can I get regular admission in MSC
28th September 2017, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

I had passed B.A degree course in 1997 from Calcutta University.I had English honours. Is it possible to join in the same english hons .graduation to continue M.A for further education. My total number is 435 and subject combination was English Bengali and History and additional also Bengali
30th October 2017, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Hello, can I pursue MA in Psychology after my BA in Sociology under Calcutta University? Please help!
18th December 2017, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

I was admitted to physics chemistry and computer science at b.sc in a college. After half a year, College told that I will not be physics and computer science to fail in mathematics. Instead, take English and physical education. What can I read with economics without physical education?
21st January 2018, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have passed BA (general) degree course from calcutta university. My subjects are English, political science and philosophy.can i study MA in English. But i have only pass marks in BA course.
7th March 2018, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a student of 1st year Ba general under calcutta university. My subject combination-history, philosophy and political science. Sir, can I study MA after complete my 3 years course in history or political science or philosophy?
20th April 2018, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a student of B.A. general course under guahati university. My subjects combination are English, Alt. English, Education and Pol. Science. Sir, can i study M.A. in Education, after completing my B.A ?
Please, suggest me.
8th May 2018, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I do my M.A in geography from Calcutta university, after completing my B.A geography hons. from DU? If yes what is the criteria for it & what are the conditions?
15th May 2018, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

I have passed B.Sc. general with Phy., Chem, Maths. Can I read MA from CU ?
21st May 2018, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.A honours student from IGNOU. I have scored 55% in B.A exam.I have scored 50% in 10 2 exam.Can I apply for M.A from Calcutta university?
28th June 2018, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

I'm a Student Of B.A General..I had history honors..But I Failed To Maintain my Honors..Is there Any Hope? I really Want To study History again..Can I apply For M.A Course With history??
30th August 2018, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Sir i study b.a.(general) subjects: geography, bengali and english. So if i study higher education on m.a.(geography or bengali) so what i can do? I am a student of university of burdwan
1st September 2018, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Candidate having passed two years degree course from Calcutta University with english honours with 30 percent marks and total is 435 in 1997.How is it possible to go for further study of M.A ENG.
15th June 2019, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm a student of B.A general course under calcutta university ..my subject are geography, economics and history. Can i study m.a in geography???
19th December 2019, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Sir, can i do M.A. in Bengali or History after Graduated in English?
18th February 2020, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

I'm a student of B.A. general course .my subjects are history,education,elective english.can I apply for MA course in history ?
26th February 2020, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

I can do PhD without BA honars
24th March 2020, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

My friend has a B.S.C in engineering. Can he opt for M.A. in English at any University in West Bengal?
31st March 2020, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir...I completed my b.a from C.U ..and I was b.a gen student... subject combination was history polscience education...but I want to apply M.A course in English ....Am I Eligible???
9th April 2020, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of b.a 2nd year...My subjects combination English ,education and philosophy..but English and education are core course..can I do m.a in English from Calcutta university..
13th October 2020, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

I'm a student of IGNOU doing BAG so can I appear for masters in Calcutta University?
13th October 2020, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

I need a scholarship for my further studies
6th August 2022, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my B.A general from parimal mitra college under northbengal university can I get M.A honours in Northbengal university after doing B.A general
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?