1st March 2018, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Difference between B.Sc and B.A. Degree for Economics student?

Hello, I have completed my B.A. in Economics and want to study Economics in Post Graduation. But many people says that B.Sc is more better than B.A. in respect of Economics. Is it true? What is the difference in both degree?

Related Questions:
  1. Does B.Sc honours have more scope than plain B.Sc? In which stream to do honours?
  2. B.A in economics or B.Sc in Economics after 12th?
  3. Which is better B.Com or Economics honours? Difference between B.A. Economics and B.Sc Economics?
  4. Which would be better B.Com or B.A. Economic honours? Difference between both? How to prepare for entrance exams of colleges?
  5. Can I get admission to study B.Sc/B.Com/B.A.(Economics) Honours in Delhi University if secured 80% in 12th Science? Difference between them?
  6. Can I study B.A./B.Sc/B.Com in Economics at Delhi University if secured 80% in 12th? Which is better to study? Difference between them?
  7. What should I do, B.Sc or BA?
  8. Can I study BBA/B.A./B.Com/B.Sc Economics Honours course in Delhi University if secured 80% in 12th Science? Difference between them?
  9. Difference between BA in Geography and B.Sc. in Geography?
  10. M.Sc in Astrophysics or Physics is possible to do after B.Sc in Maths and Economics? Is it possible to present my several Pro Certificates in lieu of a proper Astrophysics or Physics course if I am not eligible?
  11. Is it beneficial to study MSc(Economics) for BSc(Economics) student? -- [New]
  12. Eligibility to study MBA(Business Economics) in Pioneer Institute of Professional Studies for BSc(Economics) student?
  13. Possibility for B.Com student to do M.A in Economics?
  14. Difference between BCA degree and BSc degree?
  15. Difference between integrated B.Sc course and general B.Sc degree?
  16. What is the difference in BSc Nursing and GNM? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. What will be the plus point to get a honours beachelor degree without getting a pass bachelor degree? Difference between master degree done after honours bachelor degree and pass bachelor degree?
  18. Which is more beneficial for doing MA in Economics in future between BA Economics and BMS?
12th March 2018, 04:07 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between B.Sc and B.A. Degree for Economics student?

Since, you have completed BA in Economics and want to study further in the relevant field, you can opt for MA in Economics as your Post Graduate course.
Candidates those who have completed their BA in Economics from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the MA in Economics.

The basic difference in between B.Sc and BA in Economics is that the Science stream of Economics mainly deals with the practical knowledge in the Economic field whereas BA handles basically the theoretical part of the Economic field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?