15th December 2013, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for Master in Geography?

sir,
I am pursuing my bachelor degree in engineering,i want to know that am i eligible for master in geography ?

17th December 2013, 08:57 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Eligibility for Master in Geography?

Geography is one of the evergreen fields whose scope and opportunities have no limit. Students of this field can fit into various sectors, jobs and industries. Geographists are needed by every nation and every state. With the advent of various technologies and various equipments, this field is progressing at a rapid pace day by day and in turn is creating opportunities for many young aspirants.

It is good to see that you want to study even other discipline courses also. However, we are sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for the Masters programme in the field of Geography since you do not satisfy the most important eligibility criteria which states one must have passed bachelors degree in the field of Geography or its related field to pursue Master degree in Geography.

Since you are doing engineering, so you can at the most work in a field which is closely related to the field of Geography. This will not only help you in holding your interest in your profession but also learn about various things in the field of Geography. You should not lose hope or get disheartened since you have become ineligible for the Masters programme. You must remember that there is no limit to learning and one can learn about any field at any stage. So you can make it your hobby to study this subject and who knows some day some opportunity might be knocking at your door due to strong grasp in the subject, Geography.
27th September 2016, 02:10 AM
Unregistered

R/sir, I am a govt. Teacher I passed B.A.with geography in 1992.I secured 44.66 marks in B.A. Now I want to get m.a. degree in geography through correspondence .Do I am eligible for getting degree in m.a. geography through correspondence. Please tell me with terms and conditions.
19th March 2017, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

Geography is not a subject in my ISC combination, commerce is my stream, can I do geography honours from any open university?
11th October 2017, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

I am a commerce graduate. I have done B.ed with subjects English and Social studies. I am teaching Geography in an international school since last 4 years. I want to master the subject.

In my case what is the eligibility criteria for doing MA in Geography?

Kindly advice.

Thanks and Regards.
29th January 2021, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MA in geography after b.pharma
23rd September 2021, 09:59 PM
Alvia Khan

Eligibility:-

Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in Geography or in any discipline with Geography as one of the subjects with minimum 50%marks are eligible for Master in Geography.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?