14th September 2015, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

How to become a Bank PO after B.Com completion?

I am pursuing my graduation from lalit narayan mithila university. Now i am appearing for b.com 2nd year exam. So i want to ask you that how can i become a PO in bank after completion of this course?

15th September 2015, 12:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a Bank PO after B.Com completion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am pursuing my graduation from lalit narayan mithila university. Now i am appearing for b.com 2nd year exam. So i want to ask you that how can i become a PO in bank after completion of this course?
After completion of B.Com degree, you can apply for Bank PO exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

Examination pattern for Bank PO 2015:-

Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability - 50 questions for 50 marks each
English Language and General Awareness - 40 questions for 40 marks each
Computer Knowledge/ Awareness - 20 questions for 20 marks
15th September 2015, 12:57 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Bank PO stands for Bank Probationary Officer. It is a respectable and nicely paid job in the banking field.

Being pursuing second year of your Bachelor of commerce degree you need to first complete your graduation and then look to clear the bank PO examination for becoming a PO in the nationalized banks of India.

The bank PO examinations held for the recruitment in the nationalized bank os India are IBPS PO examination and SBI PO examination. Also for appearing in these examinations you need to have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 21 years to 30 years if you belong to a general category. Otherwise there is the provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed your graduation degree course or must be in the final year of same with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

* You must have the knowledge to work on computer as the banking works are computer based as the whole world is emerging digital.

Also the examinations are being conducted in three stages which are known as Preliminary test, Mains and Personality Assessment test ( Interview ) respectively.

For further details regarding the syllabus, question pattern, notifications for next examination and other necessary details of the above examination you can log on to their respective official websites that are www.ibps.in and www.sbiexam.in.
15th September 2015, 11:04 AM
haripriya1993
Member+

Hi,

For becoming PO you have to give IBPS exam conducted every year. The eligibility criteria required to write IBPS is to have a degree completed and your age must be between 21-30yrs

As you are doing 2nd yr there is one more year for you to prepare for the exam. The PO exam is for 250 marks where 200 marks is for objective and 50 marks is descriptive.

Make sure that you have more than 50% (safe if its 60%) in your academics when you complete your degree.

All the best.
16th September 2015, 12:44 PM
pikachu1993
Junior Member+

Hello,

The educational qualification required to become PO in banking sector is to have a degree completed from a recognized university. As you are doing 2nd yr you have to wait for one more yr to complete your course and apply for PO. You can use this time for your preparation.

Once you complete your degree you have to apply for IBPS exam which is conducted every year. The PO consists of 250 marks. After scoring in IBPS you will be called for an interview.
17th September 2015, 12:32 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes you are eligible to fight this bank PO test after completion your b.com degree. You must fulfil the eligibility criteria for that are under as follows:
1. The candidate must have degree from recognized university with minimum 50% Marks.
2. The age of candidate should be between 21 to 30 years.
22nd January 2017, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Is it important to have computer knowledge for PO? if yes than generally what should we know about computer?
11th May 2018, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

What's the minimum percentage for general caste to prepare for po after bcom
7th April 2020, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

Now I'm persuing in 6th semester b.com with an average of cgpa with 7can I apply for bank po now
14th April 2020, 04:28 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Question Re: How to become a Bank PO after B.Com completion?

How to become a Bank PO after B.Com completion:

Yes, you are eligible to become a Probationary Officer after completed your B.Com. For this, you attend Bank P.O exams conducted IBPS and State Bank Group every year. The minimum qualification required only a Degree in any subject. So there is no preference for attending B.com for P.O Job

Minimum age must be 21 to 30 years, if you are not in any reserved category
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?