25th June 2017, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue hotel management after software industry job?

Sir, my name is Nagul meera. I have done my B.Tech in 2013, and I worked in software industry for 1 year. But I am interested to do hotel management and I like cooking. Am I eligible to do HM. If eligible which course is suitable to me. Please tell me, what should I do.

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities in Hotel Industry for Hotel Management Diploma student?
  2. What should I do to pursue Hotel Management course? Can I pursue Hotel Management course after completing Graduation with B.Com?
  3. What is the course duration of Master of Hotel Management program? How much salary I will get after completing MHM?
  4. Can I apply for Food Inspector Job having done 4 year Degree course in Hotel Management and working in Hotel Industry? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. For how many years we have to pursue hotel management?
  6. Can I pursue hotel management after completion of BA?
  7. How to do B.Ed in Hotel Management? I have done ITI diploma in hotel management
  8. What is the total course duration of Hotel Management? From where can I pursue the course?
  9. Opportunities in Hotel Industry for Diploma in Hotel Management student?
  10. Can I get job in Government sector if completed Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology and having 2 years of experience in Hotel Industry?
  11. Will I get a good job with good salary after doing hotel management?
  12. Which sector of hotel management job is suitable after completing B.Sc in hotel management from Ranjita IHM Bhubaneshwar?
  13. Whether I will get a good job after completing 3 years Diploma in Hotel Management or I have to pursue Higher studies?
  14. Government job in north east after B.Sc hotel management
  15. Can I pursue Hotel Management after completing graduation?
  16. How tod o MBA in human resource management while pursuing bachelors degree in hotel management?
  17. Am I eligible to get the software job after completion of B.Tech CSE 3rd year?
  18. What are the options after degree in Hospitality and Hotel Management
27th June 2017, 12:25 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue hotel management after software industry job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, my name is Nagul meera. I have done my B.Tech in 2013, and I worked in software industry for 1 year. But I am interested to do hotel management and I like cooking. Am I eligible to do HM. If eligible which course is suitable to me. Please tell me, what should I do.

Yes, you can pursue hotel management course after working in a software industry. You can pursue MBA in Hotel Management course. For taking admission, you have to clear the entrance examinations like CAT, MAT, CMAT, XAT, TANCET etc., and a group discussion and interview. Duration of the MBA Hotel Management is two years. MBA in Hotel Management is available in the following colleges;

G D Goenka University - Official Website

Amity School of Hospitality - Official Website

Vels University - Official Website

AIHM - Official Website
28th June 2017, 07:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, you can pursue Hotel Management course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with above 40% marks are eligible for Hotel Management course.

But your age should be below 22 years.
1st July 2017, 01:29 PM
EngineerSolution

Quote:
Yes of course. The change in career if has to be made then this is the best time to make that change. You can join premier management institutes for getting good jobs after studies though campus placements. But hotel management and cooking are different job fields. Interest in cooking is not a criteria for hotel management.
3rd July 2017, 05:32 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes you can do Hotel management. As you are graduated , you can masters degree in hotel management. you need to take admission in MBA (Hotel management).
MBA Hotel management course is a Post graduate course. The duration of course is 2 years.After the completion of this course you can get job in
Hotels/ Resorts,
airports
educational institutions
restaurants
self employment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?