22nd July 2017, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

Is graduation compulsory to become an Air Hostess?

Hey Sir /Madam, I am Manpreet Dhillon from Delhi and I am studying in class 12th right now. My height is 5.7 and my personality is well developed but I only know one language that is English and is it compulsory to do graduation after 12th to be Air Hostess? Is there any short term course which I can do and then directly I do the training of Air Hostess and then get the job? Please answer my question fast as you can.

23rd July 2017, 12:46 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is graduation compulsory to become an Air Hostess?

Minimum qualification required to become an Air Hostess is class 12th.
A candidate must have minimum 17 years of age and maximum 26 years of age.
A candidate should be unmarried.
Minimum height required must be 157 cm. Weight of the candidate must be proportion to her height.
Skin complexion does matter and its must be from fair to clear complexion.

You should have following qualities-
Pleasing Personality.
Good Communication skills.
Team work.
Ready work for long hours.
Positive attitude.
23rd July 2017, 06:06 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey Sir /Madam, I am Manpreet Dhillon from Delhi and I am studying in class 12th right now. My height is 5.7 and my personality is well developed but I only know one language that is English and is it compulsory to do graduation after 12th to be Air Hostess? Is there any short term course which I can do and then directly I do the training of Air Hostess and then get the job? Please answer my question fast as you can.

No, graduation is not compulsory to become an Air Hostess in India. 12th pass is a minimum requirement to become an Air Hostess in India. Candidates with pleasing personality, good health and confidence are eligible to become an Air Hostess. Other eligibility conditions for Air Hostess is given below;

Age should be between 18 to 26 years
Unmarried candidates who speak English and Hindi
Height of the applicant should be at least 157 cm and weight should be in proportion to height – for girls
Candidates should have pleasing personality, sense of humor & positive attitude
They should be fit to fly physically and mentally
23rd July 2017, 06:38 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No, graduation is not mandatory to become an air hostess, but graduate candidates are preferred mostly. You can still apply after completing your 12th standard directly. If you can do some short term courses in hotel management then it would be easy for you to become an air hostess. English and Hindi are the two important languages which you have to know. You have to fulfill all the eligibility criteria of an air hostess and then you can apply for training.
23rd July 2017, 10:03 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

No, graduation is not compulsory to become an Air Hostess.
Higher Secondary qualification is the minimum qualification required for the Air hostess.
Following are the eligibility criteria for Air Hostess:
>A candidate should have completed 12th standard or its equivalent examination in any stream from a recognized board.
>Age of the candidate should not be less than 19 years and more than 25 years.
>Height of the candidate should not be less than 157.5 cm.
>Eye sight of the candidate should be normal, 6/6 without glasses.
>Candidate should be fluent in English language (writing, reading and speaking).
>Candidate must possess polite and positive attitude.
>Candidate must be physically fit.
As you have mentioned above that you know only English language, so you can not apply for Air Hostess in national airlines as to work in these airlines English and Hindi both languages are mandatory.
You can join air hostess training institutes to groom your personality and then apply for the Air Hostess when there is a notification for the same.There are various institutes are available which offers 6 months of training.
23rd July 2017, 10:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Only communication skills and personality is important for Air Hostess jobs. There is no problem, if you don't have a graduation. You need just English speaking skills and a pleasing personality.

If you have graduation, then also you can enter this field, but it would be better to find job in this field as early as possible to have a lucrative career. After a certain age, you will not be eligible for these jobs. Age should be below 25 years.
24th July 2017, 02:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
12th standard candidates are eligible Air Hostess course.

Candidates are required to complete 12th standard or graduation degree from a recognized board or University are Air Hostess course.

Your age should be below 25 years.

The minimum height required for the candidates is 156cms. Your eye sight must be in 6/6 without glasses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?