5th February 2015, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Selection of subjects for class 10 ICSE board

My son is in class 8th this year.He seems to be less interested in maths and physics.His strengths are biology,history,geography and eng.How do we help him decide subjects for 10th class.

Related Questions:
  1. Transfer of Board from CBSE to ICSE after class 11 for class 12?
  2. Whether a candidate is said to be qualified in 10th ICSE if he fails in 2 subjects but get 40% overall?
  3. Last years ICSE board question papers of class 10 for all subjects?
  4. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE?
  5. ICSE or CBSE Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer? Subjects to follow in IAS examination?
  6. How do I change from ICSE board to CBSE board after passing class 9 from ICSE?
  7. Is CBSE Board beneficial for getting admission in B.Tech? How subjects of CBSE Board is different from ICSE Board for 11th and 12th? Is engineering difficult for ICSE students?
  8. What subjects can I take in 11th after 10th board exams from ICSE? What career options those subjects will open?
  9. Which board to select between ICSE and CBSE?
  10. Sample papers for ICSE Class 10th?
  11. What is the academic difference between CBSE and ICSE board? Which board is easier to score? Any real difference in subjects from preparation stand point?
  12. How can I change from ICSE board to CBSE board?
  13. Subjects and board which is suitable for me in 11th and 12th after giving 10th standard ICSE board exam?
  14. Last ten years ICSE board exam papers download of class X for all subjects? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Procedure to transfer from ICSE Board to Gujarat State Board for 11th standard?
  16. Class X ICSE board solved question papers?
  17. What is the procedure to appear for Olympiad? I am in class 5th in ICSE board
  18. Previous years question papers for all subjects of class 10th ICSE board examination?
5th February 2015, 05:37 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Selection of subjects for class 10 ICSE board

Candidates, who are pursuing their 10th standard from ICSE board can choose their from following groups

Group I:-
In Group I all subjects are Compulsory. And there is no choice
1. English
2. History
3. Civics
4. Geography and
5. Indian Language

Group II:-
In Group II, any two subjects from
1. Mathematics
2. Science
3. Environmental Science
4. Computer Science
5. Agricultural Science
6. Commercial Studies
7. Technical Drawing
8. A Modern Foreign Language
9. A Classical Language and Economics

Group III:-
In Group III, any one subject from
1. Computer Applications
2. Economic Applications
3. Commercial Applications
4. Performing Arts
5. Home Science
6. Cookery
7. Fashion Designing
8. Physical Education
9. Technical Drawing Applications
10. Yoga
11. Environmental Applications
5th February 2015, 08:53 PM
coolshaaz

Your son can study commerce after completing class 10 in which he don't need to study Physics and Maths is not compulsory subjects.
So you can select the following subjects, if he study Commerce in class 12.
English, Hindi, Commerce, Economics, Account, Business Studies

Your son can also study Arts without Maths and he can also opt for Science Stream with subjects as Physics, Chemistry, Biology without Maths.
29th February 2016, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

my daughter is selecting maths and commerce for group 2 for std 9th in icse but she is confuse in group 3 which subject to select environmental application or home science kindly help suggest and guide for the same?
17th March 2017, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Is commercial studies with economics a good choice for grade 10 icse
18th March 2017, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

My son likes maths, and physics, but chemistry he hates, so I have thought of taking maths with commercial studies and physical education (in 3rd group). I wanted to know the career options available if I take the above
28th March 2017, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

What is the most scoring 6th subject for ICSE Exam? And how much scoring Economic Applications is? Whether it is more scoring than Computer applications?
13th May 2017, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

My son is in 9th now. He has impaired arithmetic skill. He has skipped maths in 7th and is studying environmental science. Now in 9th it is hard for him to study physics due to lots of arithmetic. So can we opt for commercial studies instead of science.
15th May 2017, 10:26 AM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son is in 9th now. He has impaired arithmetic skill. He has skipped maths in 7th and is studying environmental science. Now in 9th it is hard for him to study physics due to lots of arithmetic. So can we opt for commercial studies instead of science.
Commercial studies contains various arithmetic operation in terms of subjects like accounts, business studies, statistics, mathematics etc.

Since your child had studied about environmental science, I suggest you to push him in that field where he has strength and ability to deal and enjoy the things that he do.
15th May 2017, 10:49 AM
A033bhishek

Quote:
What is the most scoring 6th subject for ICSE Exam? And how much scoring Economic Applications is? Whether it is more scoring than Computer applications?
Economic Application and Computer Application both are two different fields.
In one hand Economic application subjects contains various thins like :- statistics, records, data, graphs. While on the other hand Computer application contains MS. Office, various types of hardware and software, some applications being used in daily life for a certain purpose.

In short, if you have good command of any subject where you can deal answers in your own words, to the point without being scared of the consequence that will be your most scoring subject.
5th June 2017, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Which subject to be taken - computer applications or commercial application in 9th and as elective subject please help??
12th September 2017, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

If my child is to take hindi as his second language, will he need to appear for literature and language as separate papers or is it just one paper for both?
21st September 2017, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

If my daughter takes maths and EVS from group II in 9th standard ICSE, how much it will be tough for her if she takes science in 11th standard CBSE? The concern to take science in 9th is subject will be vast ( 3 subjects) Instead of one subject EVS.
23rd September 2017, 10:34 AM
Monu Kumar Rajput

Post Re: Selection of subjects for class 10 ICSE board

Quote:
My son is in class 8th this year.He seems to be less interested in maths and physics.His strengths are biology,history,geography and eng.How do we help him decide subjects for 10th class.
If his interest in geo and his than you should make take art side in 10 the standard to him.
Because there is many opportunity to go in civil service.
29th January 2018, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

My daughter has decided to take maths and science as 2nd group subjects but is confused between T.D and cookery. Which will be less stressing or helpful from either
7th February 2018, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

If my child doesn't take maths in 9th, and passes ICSE without maths as a subject, would it affect his taking the CLAT exam after doing 12 the ISC with humanities
19th February 2018, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

My niece is currently in class 8 icse. We need help to choose subjects for her for class 9. She is good in subjects like English and biology. But really struggles with physics chemistry and maths.
Also she finds it difficult to learn big answers and memorize the definitions word to word. She prefers writing answers in her own language. But due to this she loses marks in science subjects. And finds difficult to grasp maths too.
Can you suggest the subjects we can choose for her...
17th March 2018, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

My son is in grade 8 in icsc board next year he want to choose the group he is interested in biology physics and maths kindly guide me which group to be taken
20th March 2018, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is doing IXth std in ICSE board. In her School, they are offering 1. English, Tamil, History and Geography, 2. Either Maths and Science or Science and Commercial studies and 3. Computer application or Physical education. My daughter is weak in Maths, is it advisable for her to go with Science and Commercial studies? Will it affect her in giving NEET and JEE exams? Please advice.
23rd March 2018, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

My brother opt commerce with maths in class 9th. It will affect in future competitive exams if e passed 10th without science.
28th May 2018, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

My son is opting Science and Environmental science for 9th standard ICSE. Can he register and write Maths exam also with tuition from outside ? Could you please provide guidance whether ICSE allows to take an extra subject if the student can write exam from the school itself.
29th June 2018, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

I have been registered for an additional subject for ICSE class X.. Can I drop the subject now?
7th August 2018, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

My son is in 8th now. His choosing maths and science in second group. Hewants to pursue his career in paramedical. Which is the best subject that should opt for the 3rd group. Please suggest he is not interested in computer though he has been scoring well in it.
10th October 2018, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

My son is in 10th ICSE and he is finding Maths very tough to cope up with. Is there any option where he can change his subject now as it is already months since school has started. He studied Maths only in his 9th class. Please reply soon.
21st November 2018, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

My daughter has taken commercial studies and economic in 9th and droped science and maths . Which online tests she can give which will help her in her studies and increase her knowledge.
17th February 2019, 09:09 AM
Unregistered

My daughter is in 8th class CBSE . But I want to shift her in boarding school of ICSE . As in 9th class she need to choose the subjects. She don%u2019t want to take maths , what subjects needs to be chosen if she want to go in civil services or pursue her career in Law ?
26th March 2019, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

What does Physical Education from Group III like? Any syllabus and what is the exam pattern please help. TIA
22nd April 2019, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is now in class 9 .She is not able to choose stream between science and economics.She doesnt like physics and economics.Please help me.
30th April 2019, 01:39 PM
divyanshuktr
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Selection of subjects for class 10 ICSE board

If your daughter is not interested in physics and economics then give further study of your daughter in commerce stream or arts So in commerce she can choose subjects which are such as English, Hindi, Commerce, Home Science, Accounts, Business Study and if she select arts without Maths then that will be also good for her.

Good Luck..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?