25th June 2017, 06:36 PM
Ankita dutta sashi

Is maths ad a subject during HS compulsory to take economics as major

I am a class 12th student and i am really interested in economics but i dont have maths as a subject in my humanities HS course. I want to pursue my higher studies in economics under delhi university. Is maths a compulsory subjecf under the best of 4 during HS to pursue BA in economics?

26th June 2017, 05:41 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

Default Re: Is maths ad a subject during HS compulsory to take economics as major

No, it is not an issue if you have not studied mathematics in your +2 level of examination, you can very well get admission in Economics hons course after completion of your 12th standard.

As you have opted for humanities in +2 level, therefore I would like to say you that maths is not a compulsory subject in it, so you need not worry and can carry on with your studies further.

26th June 2017, 06:34 AM
SahnawazExpert
Banned

Default Re: Is maths ad a subject during HS compulsory to take economics as major

Yes, mathematics is a compulsory subject in best of four in Higher Secondary to pursue BA in economics under Delhi University.

26th June 2017, 12:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankita dutta sashi View Post
I am a class 12th student and i am really interested in economics but i dont have maths as a subject in my humanities HS course. I want to pursue my higher studies in economics under delhi university. Is maths a compulsory subjecf under the best of 4 during HS to pursue BA in economics?
If you have completed 12th standard with Economics subject from recognized University then you are eligible for B.A course in Economics.

Mathematics doesn't require for B.A in Economics course.

Your age should be above 17 years.

27th June 2017, 10:30 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For admission in Economics at most of the universities, you don't need to study math at class 12th level, but there are some universities which will ask for such a criteria.

Hence, it will depend on the university, in which you are applying for admission. There is no fix criteria for admission.

31st July 2017, 10:13 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

No , it is not compulsory to opt maths .
A candidate must be 12th passed with economics as the main subject to get admission in economics BA.
A candidate must have minimum 17 years of age.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?