13th December 2017, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Air Force or Navy if failed in Maths?

Sir, I have passed 12th PCM conducted by CBSE, but failed in maths, which is an optional subject. Can I join air force or navy. Please tell me for further information regarding these.

14th December 2017, 07:52 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Air Force or Navy if failed in Maths?

To be eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard, you have to appear in NDA examination. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a Government recognised board are eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy or Air Force. So, if you pass all the subjects of your 12th standard then, you are eligible to join Air Force or Navy through NDA examination.
14th December 2017, 08:43 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for Air Force or Navy after failing in Maths exam of your 12th standard. It is mandatory for a candidate to qualify in Mathematics and Physics in 12th standard examination. However you can join Indian Army after qualifying 12th standard examination without Mathematics by qualifying NDA examination.
14th December 2017, 08:47 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For selection in Indian Navy or Air Force it is mandatory that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

So, if do not have mathematics in your 12th std you are not eligible to appear in examination and not for recruitment in Air Force and Navy.

The candidates have to qualify in written and SSB stage for final selection.
14th December 2017, 09:01 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

At 10+2 level, National Defence Academy is a competitive examination for candidates who want to join Defence.

Eligibility criteria:

1. You must have passed in all subjects of 10+2. Since you have failed in mathematics, you can not apply for NDA exam.

2. Age criteria is 16.5-19.5 years.

3. Unmarried male candidates are eligible for examination.
14th December 2017, 09:17 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not join Indian Air Force or Navy after getting failed in mathematics in 10+2. You should first apply for compartment paper examination of Mathematics and secure passing percentage of marks to become eligible for NDA examination.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. UPSC conducts this examination twice every year. Candidates who have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics are eligible to apply for NDA exam. The age should be between 16.5-19.5 years. Female candidates are not eligible for NDA exam.
14th December 2017, 10:14 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Those who have failed in 12th in Mathematics can not join Indian Air Force or Navy.

Requirements for NDA exam:

Academic qualification: Passed in all subjects of 10+2.

Age limitations: 16.5-19.5 years.

You can become eligible for NDA exam only after passing compartment exam or reappearing for board exam of this subject.
15th December 2017, 12:58 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you have failed in optional subject then it does not matter you will be considered as passed.

But for recruitment in Indian Air Force and Navy the recruitment minimum eligibility is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

So, you will be not eligible to appear in examination without having mathematics as main paper.

You are eligible to appear in NDA examination for recruitment in Indian Army. To get detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2017, 03:26 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very much sorry to say that you are not eligible to join Air Force or Navy after getting failed in the Mathematics paper of class 12th.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in Science stream studying PCM as a subject combination from a recognized University are eligible to opt for the NDA examination.
Candidates age must be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
26th August 2020, 08:35 AM
Unregistered

Can I eligible for ssr bycompatment exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?