13th January 2021, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

Should I join Intermediate from CBSE after completing 10th Himachal Pradesh State Board to prepare for BDS entrance exams?

I am studying in 10th of Himachal Pradesh State Board School. My aim is to study for a BDS program. For this I will prepare for various Medical entrance exams from 11th standard onward. I want you to suggest that, should I get admission in the State Board for Intermediate or change Board and join CBSE?

15th January 2021, 11:22 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I join Intermediate from CBSE after completing 10th Himachal Pradesh State Board to prepare for BDS entrance exams?

To pursue BDS course, the required eligibility is that candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from a recognised board in Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

So, you can pursue 12th from any recognised board according to your comfort to become eligible to appear for the NEET examination.

NEET is conducted by NTA.
15th January 2021, 01:50 PM
jeet2porwal

Default Re: Should I join Intermediate from CBSE after completing 10th Himachal Pradesh State Board to prepare for BDS entrance exams?

It is not compulsory to join CBSE board to prepare for medical entrance examination.

You can prepare with state board also.

With CBSE board you will get better learning opportunities than that of state boards. The syllabus is also good as far as competitive exams are concerned.

I would suggest you to join CBSE Board for intermediate.
15th January 2021, 03:52 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

BDS is Bachelor in Dental Surgery. Candidates are eligible to get admission in the course after qualifying in NEET UG conducted by NTA.

The common eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th with PCB as main paper. There is no upper age limit to appear in the examination.

So, you can pursue 12th from any board state or CBSE to become eligible to appear in the examination. There will be no special relaxation to candidates from CBSE or any other board.
16th January 2021, 11:48 AM
Ulna
Banned

For studying BDS you will not have to appear for various state level medical entrance exam as there is only a single National level entrance eligibility test that is NEET which will help you to get admission in to any BDS college of your choice
Yes it will be beneficial to change your board from Himachal Pradesh State Board to CBSE boardis the syllabus of the entrance exam and CBSE board is the same and it will be beneficial for you to clear all your concepts and practice more question papers while simultaneously preparing for your board exams
it will be a little tough for you as you will change your board from State Board to CBSE board but it will be beneficial in the long run
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?