7th July 2017, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Can we join fashion designing after class 10th?

Hi, I am Nayanika. Why can't we join in a fashion designing course after passing 10th class, is there no respect for the marks gained in 10th? Why we can appear for admission only after 10+2?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join Fashion Designing after completing class 10th? Which entrance exam should I give and for which college in Bangalore can I apply?
  2. What should I do to study Diploma in Fashion Designing on 10th basis? Where should I do?
  3. Can I do diploma in Fashion Designing after 10th and then join Bachelor's of Fashion Designing?
  4. Can we join fashion designing after class 10th?
  5. Can I join Fashion Designing course after completing class 10th? Is it a good career choice and will I get a good job after completing the course?
  6. How can I apply for Fashion Designing course after completing class 10th?
  7. What are the Steps to join Fashion Designing for 10th standard students?
  8. Can I study Diploma in Fashion Designing and then Graduation after completing 10th?
  9. Process to study fashion designing after class 10th? -- [New]
  10. Can I join Fashion Designing course after completion of 10th Class? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to join Fashion Designing course being failed in 12th commerce? Is it possible to get admission in Goa?
  12. What should I study after 10th standard to become a fashion designer?
  13. Possibility to join NIFT to study Fashion Designing course if studying with Commerce stream? List of Fashion Designing courses for me?
  14. What should I do to study Fashion Designing after completion of 10th? List of colleges offering Fashion Designing?
  15. What should I do to study Fashion Designing after completion of 10th? List of colleges offering Fashion Designing?
  16. How much percentage is needed to join fashion designing after 10th class?
  17. What stream should I choose after 10th to get into Fashion Designing field?
  18. How can I join after 10th? I am interested in fashion designing

7th July 2017, 08:34 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we join fashion designing after class 10th?

As per the minimum eligibility criteria candidate must have completed 12th standard in any discipline from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks in order to join fashion design degree course.
It is mandatory that a candidate must have completed 12th standard in order to join fashion designing degree course.

8th July 2017, 10:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for fashion designing course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard or diploma course from a recognized board/university are eligible for fashion designing course.

Your age should be above 17 years.

8th July 2017, 11:46 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

After completing 12th standard you can get admission in bachelor's degree in fashion designing course and for that you have to appear for a written examination at first. There are lots of graduation courses available in fashion designing. 12th is the minimum eligibility to study fashion designing course. You can also apply for diploma and certificate courses in fashion designing for which the minimum eligibility is 10th standard. But, it is preferred to opt for bachelor's degree after 12th standard.

8th July 2017, 08:07 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join fashion designing after class 10th. The name of best courses and college for you are given below.

BEST COURSES

** Diploma Course in Fashion Designing

** Diploma in Interior Designing

** Diploma in Jewellery Design

** Diploma in Visual Merchandising'

BEST COLLEGES

1. Gurukul Institute of Fashion Technology
L-58, Tonk Road, Manu Vihar,, Opp. Manav Aashram Building, Himmat Nagar,, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302019 ‎
0141 270 0709

2. International College of Fashion
3rd Floor, Gulab Bhawan, 6 Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi, DL 110002 ‎
097 11 435556

3. Inter National Institute Of Fashion Design
Sco 32-33-34-35, Sector 8C, Madhya Marg, Sector 8, Chandigarh, 160009
0172 278 4981

8th July 2017, 08:14 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, good courses on Fashion Designing are available only after class 10th.

Eligibility criteria for the undergraduate course in Fashion Designing:-

10+2 from a recognised University or Board with 50% marks

Reputed and important institution take candidate on the basis of
Written test
Group discussion
Interview

You should visit the website if the institute in which you want to take admission and fill the form for entrance, prepare well and score well in through selection process.

Some best institutes in the field
NIFT- Nation institute of fashion technology
NID- National institute of design
JIMS - Jajan Nath institute of management science
IID- MIIT's institute of design
SID- Symbiosis centre of designs

8th July 2017, 11:37 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

You can join fashion designing course after class 10th standard, there are a few diploma courses in fashion designing are available for 10th pass candidates such as diploma in Fashion Designing and Garment Construction, diploma in Fashion Design and Merchandising, diploma in Fashion Design and Clothing Technology, etc.
It will be good if you join fashion designing after completion of 12th standard as after higher secondary education there will be more option to opt for in fashion designing such as Bachelor of Fashion Designing, Bachelor of Fashion and Apparel Designing, Bachelor of Fashion Technology, etc.

10th July 2017, 09:25 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes, you can take admission in fashion designing direct after passing class 10th exam. for this you have to take admission in diploma. You can choose following fields in diploma-
Fashion design, Accessory design, textile design, interior design, etc.
Top most colleges foe design- NIFT, CEED, and NID. CEED is the best because it is affiliated to IIT.
You can also take admission after the completion of 12th. You will get admission by clearing entrance exams like-NIFT, CEED and NID. For clearing these type of entrance exam you have to do practice of aptitude, reasoning, and verbal ability.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?