10th July 2016, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

Which subject should I choose in 11th for studying Fashion Designing course? List of institutions offering Fashion Designing course?

Hello sir, I have studied 10th from DAV International School and want to be a Fashion Designer and start my own brand. I know Mathematics is important so I am trying to improve Mathematics. But, I am confused which subject should I choose in 11th for studying Fashion Designing? List of institutions which are offering us the Fashion Designing course?

11th July 2016, 12:31 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which subject should I choose in 11th for studying Fashion Designing course? List of institutions offering Fashion Designing course?

If you want to become a fashion designer, the most important part is to choose Fine Arts as a minor.The general eligibility to join fashion designing course is 12th with 50%marks.

List of Some Top Fashion Designing Institutes in India:-

**BD Somani Institute of Art & Fashion Technology
625 G.D Somani Marg, Cuffe Parade,
Mumbai - 400 005

**Kumaraguru College of Technology
(Affiliated to Bharathiar University, Coimbatore)
Coimbatore - 641 006

**Vogue Institute Of Fashion Technology
Football Stadium Complex,Diagonally opp. to Garuda mall, Off. M.G Road,
Ashok Nagar, Bangalore-560025, Karnataka

**International Academy of Fashion
E-291, Greater Kailash-II, New Delhi-110 048

**Mangalore Institute of Fashion Technology,
152/A, Opposite BPCL Filling Plant,
Industrial Area, Baikampady, Mangalore-575 011.
11th July 2016, 07:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I choose in 11th for studying Fashion Designing course? List of institutions offering Fashion Designing course?

If you are looking for admission in Bachelor in fashion technology (BFTech) then mathematics is definitely required if you want admission in institute like NIFT. Admission in other courses which are related to fashion designing don't require maths.

NIFTs are the best place to study any course related to fashion designing. There are many institutes spread across India and admission will be on the basis of entrance exam and seats are allotted through counselling.
11th July 2016, 10:11 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Actually there is no need to choose specific subjects in class 11th and 12th to pursue a fashion designing degree course. Candidate must have done 12th in any discipline from recognised board with at least 50% marks. The candidate has to qualify the entrance examination in order to get admission in top institutes.

List of Institutes offering fashion designing course:

National Institute of Fashion Designing, Delhi

Pearl Academy, Delhi

National Institute of fashion design, Mumbai

National Institute of fashion design, Bangalore
12th July 2016, 01:21 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have studied 10th from DAV International School and want to be a Fashion Designer and start my own brand. I know Mathematics is important so I am trying to improve Mathematics. But, I am confused which subject should I choose in 11th for studying Fashion Designing? List of institutions which are offering us the Fashion Designing course?

You can choose Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 11th & 12th for studying Fashion Designing course in the future. The candidates who studied 12th standard with PCM or equivalent from any recognized board are eligible for B.F. Technology course. There will be an entrance examination for the admission to the course. There are Bachelor Design and Bachelor of Fashion Technology courses available. The list of institutions offering the Fashion Designing courses is given below;
12th July 2016, 02:53 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To study Fashion Designing course, candidates must have completed their class 12th from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks.
To become Fashion Designer, you must study Fine Arts as a subject.

List of Fashion Designing Institutes in India:-

Kumaraguru College of Technology
Affiliated to Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
Coimbatore - 641 006

Mangalore Institute of Fashion Technology,
152/A, Opposite BPCL Filling Plant,
Industrial Area, Baikampady, Mangalore-575 011.

Vogue Institute Of Fashion Technology
Football Stadium Complex,Diagonally opp. to Garuda mall, Off. M.G Road,
Ashok Nagar, Bangalore-560025, Karnataka

BD Somani Institute of Art & Fashion Technology
625 G.D Somani Marg, Cuffe Parade,
Mumbai - 400 005

International Academy of Fashion
E-291, Greater Kailash-II, New Delhi-110 048
7th April 2017, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

I don't like maths and i want to be a fashion designer. Then what subject should I take in 11th class ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?