16th March 2011, 01:56 AM
Shefali jose

Should I choose commerce or science stream?

i am not able to decide whether to choose commerce or science stream as my elder ones are not in support of me to opt commerce.. please suggest me what shud i take as my career option after 10th for my future as i like commerce more????

6th September 2011, 04:15 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Should I choose commerce or science stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shefali jose View Post
i am not able to decide whether to choose commerce or science stream as my elder ones are not in support of me to opt commerce.. please suggest me what shud i take as my career option after 10th for my future as i like commerce more????
As per my suggestion Science stream is the best stream. As it gives you more job opportunities in comparison to commerce or any other stream.
But its your decision in which area you have more interest.

It will be useless if you choose science stream but you don't have any interest in learning physics and chemistry.
So as per my suggestion choose that particular stream only in which you are more interested.

Both streams are good and various jobs are available in both of the streams.
So choose that stream only in which you have interest.
6th September 2011, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Should I choose commerce or science stream?

Dear friend,

It is depnd upon your interest on that subjects....

good luck
6th September 2011, 04:32 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

I better prefer the science stream

because

1. wide varieties of courses

2. development of technology

3. smart jobs

4. more placements

5. can go for research

6. can go for teaching also

7. more well equipped colleges

8. good professors
6th September 2011, 04:56 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

If you like commerce and more inclined towards it than you must continue with commerce. This is very obvious situation faced by 10th passout students. Choosing one of the stream is not as easy because this decission will going to influence your whole life and there is no place for regret once upon decission. Other than this is someone is unable to decide the right stream or choose a stream against his/her desire ( i.e under external force of parents, relatives, teacher, friends or any other ) than it will be a life time dilemma.

First of all ask yourself that what you are looking for, as you said its commerce that you prefer to do with than you must stick to it. Commerce is a very good field to excel. Each stream is specifically diveded to achive some particular field. For instance what is the use of studying political science if one is desire to become a doctor, like this many other situations may arise.

If there is some external force on you from your family side than you should do a sincere talk with them about what you are looking for, what you have planned to do with and your fields of interests and also to explain them why you are willing to choose commerce stream specifically . Consulting a professional counceller would be helpful to you.
6th September 2011, 05:26 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

hello,

friend, now a days all the stream have their own values in their respective field,

neither a science student can full fill the requirement of a commerce student
nor the commerce student do......

yes Science ll give you more job opportunity;

however as per your interest , you should go for commerce,
because if ones interest ll match with the study then he can do the better for ever .....

now the choice is yours,
Thank U
~~~~~~~~~~~
6th September 2011, 05:29 PM
vijendradutt

Hello Shefali,

After clearing your 10th class , you need to choose the best stream as this is the first step where generally students think for better career and good job opportunities ahead. The basic streams that generally students choose and are also available in most of the schools are Arts, Commerce and Science. But choose those stream in which you are intrested and which you will be able to make your career.

Best of Luck.........
6th September 2011, 06:53 PM
Tulasinagababu

Every option is good... but its only depends individual choice.. In a lay person language ... Science will open door for Technology (BE/BTech/BSc./BioTech/MBBS/BDS/BHMS...,… and on the other side Commerce will enlighten the Finance field (CA/CS/CFA/ICWA...etc)

ur intrest towards d subject matters a lot dear,
science n commerce has its own scope
science <Doctor, Engineer,Scientist...>
Commerce <Auditor(C.A),Economist,..>
6th September 2011, 07:22 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

My suggestion to you is that please choose the stream which you have interest and you think that you will be a great person in your socity and eligible to carry on your family.It will be science or it will be commerce that is totally depend upon you.

Although science is the best stream and has better opportunity compared to commerce. According to you it will be better for you that go on for commerce and i think you will shine in your life.

all the best.
good day.
6th September 2011, 07:23 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

My suggestion to you is that please choose the stream which you have interest and you think that you will be a great person in your socity and eligible to carry on your family.It will be science or it will be commerce that is totally depend upon you.

Although science is the best stream and has better opportunity compared to commerce. According to you it will be better for you that go on for commerce and i think you will shine in your life.

all the best.
good day.
6th September 2011, 07:35 PM
pitabash

If you really like commerce, then you better listen your heart and go for commerce. But in commerce, you have to do higher studies to get a good job. First you have to complete B.com. After B.Com. you have to do M.Com. if you like to go in teaching line. After B.Com you have to do MBA if you want to get a job in industries or financial sectors like insurance corporations and bank. There are so many options in commerce field. But the thing is that, you have to go for higher study and all the time you have to maintain your passion for commerce which you must not loose.
all the best.
6th September 2011, 10:53 PM
Gabrielle Gryffindor

Quote:
Dear Shefali,

Choosing your stream is a very important decision as your entire life depends on it. And this confusion that one need to go in science or commerce stream is going on for years now, but many times the winner is science steam.

If you feel that science attracts you more than any other steam and that unlike some of the science stream students who repent their decision, you understand this stream much better and if physics, chemistry or biology never gave you nightmares, then go for this stream because science offers a vast variety of career options than any other steam.

But if you feel that science is not your cup of tea, that commerce can be a better option, then do a little research about it as commerce stream is new for you. Everthing you will hear, see or study in this will be a new experience for you. Subjects like Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics etc. would be new and maybe challanging for you.
But that all depends on what you want to become. The ratio between science and commerce is 2:1.
So do a bit of research about both the streams and if your unrest lies completely for commerce then make your parents understand about waht you feel . And if you believe that science is the right stream for you, then go for it!
16th September 2011, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

now a days ... the commerce field is getting good job oppertunities,, but syllabus Of CA,ICWA are not easy
26th September 2011, 11:12 AM
saugata2008

I think science,commerce and arts all of those have same opportunities in future .So your future in a particular stream depends on your concept of study ,skills etc.With Science you can go for IIT JEE,Medical,AIEEE,UPSC etc.With commerce you can go for CA,BBA,MBA,UPSC etc.So It depends on you ,in which stream you are interested most . So don't take your decision in hurry ,think heard.

Thank you
27th November 2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
.please reply me as soon as possible.
28th November 2011, 04:24 PM

Thumbs up Re: Should I choose commerce or science stream?

Hi friend,

May you are in State of uncertainty or perplexity especially as requiring a choice between equally unfavorable options called as dilemma.

As my opinion commerce is the best stream. As it gives you more job opportunities like through Banking sectors, financial sectors.

Suppose you want to go for higher studies, and after completion of that you have a more opportunities in many industrials.
Here I am sending you for more useful information to you find out below….

Course:

M.B.A. (Finance / HRM / Marketing)

Fee Details:
If you get good rank in I-CET examination you have certain fee exemptions.

Eligibility Criteria:

ICET Rank holder with Graduation, passing SSC with Mathematics.

All the best,
Warm regards…
28th November 2011, 08:28 PM
mahi 16

They are not in support.
But they cannot study science for you.
It is you who will study and learn.
So, it's a dilemma.
IN such a situation interest always help.
Wave the idea well than choose carefully.
28th November 2011, 10:16 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend it is depends upon your interest.. you decide that in which field you want to go..

But I will suggest you to go for science field.

As it has lots of career options..

After completion of 12th in science field you can go for courses like-

1.BE/B.tech
2.MBBS
3.Bio-technology
4.Bio-Chemistry
5.Bio-informatics
6.BBA
7.BCA

you can go for any of these course..
All these courses are very much job prospective and different from the other courses.

Now it is up to you..
So, make decision , don't get confused..

All the best.
29th November 2011, 07:34 PM
co-rocks

hi dear,

If you like commerce and more inclined towards it than you must continue with commerce.
This is very obvious situation faced by 10th passout students. Choosing one of the stream is not as easy because this decission will going to influence your whole life and there is no place for regret once upon decission. Other than this is someone is unable to decide the right stream or choose a stream against his/her desire ( i.e under external force of parents, relatives, teacher, friends or any other ) than it will be a life time dilemma.

First of all ask yourself that what you are looking for, as you said its commerce that you prefer to do with than you must stick to it. Commerce is a very good field to excel.
Each stream is specifically diveded to achive some particular field.
For instance what is the use of studying political science if one is desire to become a doctor, like this many other situations may arise.

If there is some external force on you from your family side than you should do a sincere talk with them about what you are looking for, what you have planned to do with and your fields of interests and also to explain them why you are willing to choose commerce stream specifically .

thanks
29th November 2011, 11:08 PM
tamal253

The Best Stream Is That Which You Like Most.Bcoz It Will Be That Stream Where You Will Shine In Future With Good Marks As You Lked That Stream.
30th November 2011, 09:07 AM
Smit R. Mistry

Friend.
Choose in which field you are interested don't choose the field selected by someone else which would change your future.
Sci is good but requires more hard work as i am student of sci i can explain you well.
Commerce is not a big deal as i see my friends, but management is not everyones cup of tea.
So take right decision.
Best of luck.........
12th January 2012, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

i can't decide to choose between law and engineering.i am not able o read my mind.please guide me...
22nd March 2012, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

do commerce have a better scope after 2 years?
2nd April 2012, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

I GOT 92% IN TENTH ICSE AND I LIKE MATHS AND COMPUTER, WHAT TO CHOOSE IN ELEVENTH
5th May 2012, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

I am a maths lover student and I got 92 % in SSC I am totally confused about what to take sci or comm if I take sci i have a fear whether I would be able to catch up with such a portion and if I take commerce i am afraid whether i will get good job opportuities in future plzz help
8th May 2012, 09:42 PM
indu_sarabhai

If you want to go for LAW just go for COMM or COMM+MATHS its best
it is not important to take comm only you can choose as well but by taking comm you score more and may get best colleges
and another important thing in 11th and 12th you can do coahings for LAW

if you want to do it study in LAW in future then you must have to take the commerce in 12th.
after 12th for taking the law enterence tast you have to give which eligibility are follows:
,a) Eligibility : 10 + 2 Examination or equivalent with not less than 50% marks (students taking qualifying examination in March / April 2007 are also eligible to apply).
b) Age limit : Below 20 years as on 1 st July 2007 (22 years in case of SC/ST candidates)
25th May 2012, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

can we take commerce in class 10th nd then go for law???
also, which all are the entrance tests for law??
26th May 2012, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

I am a maths lover student and I got 92 % in SSC I am totally confused about what to take sci or comm if I take sci i have a fear whether I would be able to catch up with such a portion and if I take commerce i am afraid whether i will get good job opportuities in future plzz help
26th May 2012, 04:30 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

So choose that stream only in which you have interest.

its depend on you in which your interest is there.so choose that stream in which you are feel comfortable and in which you are well and good.
22nd June 2012, 08:34 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hi friend..!!

1.let me tell you that both the courses are of equal scope if you do hard work and be serious for your work and future.

2.but science puts on you the extra effort and work which should whole balance by you.

3.it depends upon your interest that how much you take it serious and how much you work hard.

4.if you are interested to become engineer and other professional then go for science and if you are stick with commerce than you should go for commerce.
1st August 2012, 01:38 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

> There are three streams available to choose after the completion of 12th :-
* Science
* Commerce
* Arts

> Scince you have to choose one between Science and Commerce, I advice you to choose according to your interest and objective.
All the streams have lots of scopes and none of the stream lacks scopes and options after 12th which cannot be described briefly :-
> So, I have provided a career chart that will help you in choosing the correct thing.

> Choose wisely.....
1st August 2012, 01:40 AM
savan kumar chaitanya

I think science,commerce and arts all of those have same opportunities in future .So your future in a particular stream depends on your concept of study ,skills etc.With Science you can go for IIT JEE,Medical,AIEEE,UPSC etc.With commerce you can go for CA,BBA,MBA,UPSC etc.So It depends on you ,in which stream you are interested most . So don't take your decision in hurry ,think heard.
good luck

better prefer the science stream

because

1. wide varieties of courses

2. development of technology

3. smart jobs

4. more placements

5. can go for research

6. can go for teaching also

7. more well equipped colleges

8. good professors
1st August 2012, 01:50 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........
Science & Commerce both are good in there position , you have to take decision which you want to take , whats your aim to became in future?
If you are interested for Doctor or Engineer then you can go for Science .

Carrier option foe Science students.....

If you are interested for CA or ICWAI or CS .
Or any financial work then you can go for Commerce .

Good luck.......
1st August 2012, 01:55 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

No doubt that science is a good stream if one is passionate about that particular subject but sometimes the elders are also act as a foresighted person to make your career more opportunative & a demandable one.So you have to look at these points while choosing the stream as under-

1. Are you from a middle class family as the science stream needs a lot of money to accomplish your dreams.

2. You must also aware about the percentages of marks.One must be a hard-worker & extra intelligent too while choosing the science stream.

3. It may perhaps be possible that Your ancestors are from the business ,so they too wants to get the same & thats why they convince you to opt the commerce stream.

4. Your passion about a particular stream as sometimes students simply choose the stream as their friends willing to do so.So think about yourself & stick to your own decisions.
1st August 2012, 02:10 AM
gokuls1

hello dear,
both streams are good in their own way... but from my point of view, science stream is one the good and best stream to choose as it gives u lots of big and good opportunities in the corporate world and many more field... lots of jobs availability is their in the science field compared to commerce.. so i would say to go for science sytream..
best luck..!!!
1st August 2012, 02:19 AM
rch91

Quote:
Firstly i would say that you should choose the further course according to your interest as its your future.If you have interest in commerce then go for it.
see both science and commerce have wide scope in future and offers jobs with high packages,BUt at the same time both the streams are completely different as science stream mainly includes two branches: medical and non-medical and the subjects are physics,chemistry,maths and biology which totally different from commerce whose subjects are accounts,business studies,economics etc. so if you have interest in these subjects so go with commerce.After commerce you have many career opportunities like you can be a CA,Cs etc.
All the best.!
Make the right decision for yourself.
1st August 2012, 12:38 PM
BHAUMIK K. PATEL

As per my suggestion Science stream is the best stream. As it gives you more job opportunities in comparison to commerce or any other stream.

It will be useless if you choose science stream but you don't have any interest in learning physics and chemistry.
So as per my suggestion choose that particular stream only in which you are more interested.

THIS MATTER IS YOUR INTEREST.
1st August 2012, 12:43 PM
biswajit Sarma

I think you should science...I was also a student of science...I have passed 12th standard...now i get admission at gauhati university at b.tech IT...If you want to be a doctor or engineer,than you should choose science...And after complete your B.tech degree than you also study M.tech or also MBA..than you easily get a fine job...According to me as your aim you should select the stream...
1st August 2012, 01:32 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

Hai........

it is depends upon your interest.. you decide that in which field you want to go..

But I will suggest you to go for science field.

As it has lots of career options..

After completion of 12th in science field you can go for courses like-

1.BE/B.tech
2.MBBS
3.Bio-technology
4.Bio-Chemistry
5.Bio-informatics
6.BBA
7.BCA

you can go for any of these course..
1st August 2012, 03:52 PM
shweta maheswari

As you have interest in commerce definately you should go for it..its a evrgreen field and also hard working.....you will get job anytime anywhere...you can opt CA(charted accountant) after 12...as every company requires accountant for management of financial position and analysis also...so better to go for commerce.
best wishes.....
9th December 2012, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Can i change commerce stream to science strream in 12th
12th December 2012, 05:57 PM
ashis.career

Hello friend,

21st December 2012, 08:20 PM
priyadarshini patnaik

Hello Friend ,
10th class is the 1st step where student should start thinking about their career.It is not a easy task.After 10th a good option to joining +2.The selection is depends upon the students grade & marks.
The streams available in the +2 level are:
Arts
Science
Commerce
If you are selecting science stream there are lots of option available for the students.They can take up courses such as Engineering,Medical,Management & go for many other options in future.
If you are choosing commerce stream you can join the courses like Chartered Accountancy,MBA (Master of Business Administration) and so on.
If you can choose the commerce stream then you can have the options of taking courses in arts field at a later stage but can not go for science field.
If you are selecting science stream you have a chance to come back Commerce field.
so,the selection of subject is depends upon the students interest and purpose for selecting the subject.
All The Best.
6th August 2013, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Should I choose commerce or science stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Dear friend,

It is depnd upon your interest on that subjects....

good luck
if u choose science then u have do fire and safety it will really benefits u because the pacakge of this will be approx 30 to 40 lakhs a year
23rd June 2014, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

I am really confused what to choose science or commerce when I think science my mind says that it would not be able to do science my sister says that you will not doing well if you are choosing the science
22nd January 2015, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

My mom wants me to become an IAS officer
And for that I have planned to choose commerce complete Bca
then give UPSC and MPSC Exams

But I want to complete my B.COM
then I want to do Llb
N then become a lawyer.
Which option is better?
23rd March 2015, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

I like to be a chartered accountant and do or help business also like my family. but i think science stream is also great and i feel do science for be a doctor. i want to be both of them. i like them so much. but i must choose science or commerce or one stream for my last exam. (for a/l).accountant so i have to know from you what i do? can i be a chartered accountant and a doctor? can i be both?
13th March 2020, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Which stream is best to choose after 10th if i am best in maths for future planning and settlement in australia. Should i choose non-medical or commerce please tell me.
15th March 2020, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

I would say commence because now a days accounts student earn more money in IT field by just completing a basic degree but if you choose science stream means you have to do higher studies
15th March 2020, 06:24 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

--If you are good in Math,then please choose the Non-Medical stream because it has a wide variety ahead and have a bright future.

---Ome more thing in science steam is the subject of Non-Medical related to Physics,chemistry and math but if you going deeply,the physics and chemistry is also depend upon a single thing which is Math.

--you have a bright future with Non-medical stream because in Australis,engineering have a bigger scope.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?