5th December 2012, 03:46 PM
swati ssharma

How to do Ph.D in genetics after doing MSc in Chemistry from Banasthali University

i hv done msc in chemistry from banasthali university this yr.but i want to do phd in genetics field .bcz i luv this field.so i want to know am i eligible for it or not.or i hv to do msc in genetics or biotech.

18th August 2017, 04:56 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How to do Ph.D in genetics after doing MSc in Chemistry from Banasthali University

Quote:
Originally Posted by swati ssharma View Post
i hv done msc in chemistry from banasthali university this yr.but i want to do phd in genetics field .bcz i luv this field.so i want to know am i eligible for it or not.or i hv to do msc in genetics or biotech.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for doctor of philosophy in genetics course after completing your master of science in chemistry. Here below are details regarding P.hd genetics course:-

Eligibility Condition:- Minimum qualification required to apply is post graduate degree or equivalent qualification in science and technology field.

Duration of Course:- Minimum duration of course is 2 years from date of registration and maximum duration is 4 years.

Syllabus for P.HD Genetics:- Major subjects to be studied are Concept of genetics, Chromosomes, Genes and Genomes, Population genetics, Concepts of cell and molecular biology, Plant- Microbes interactions, Medical genomics, RNAI, Biology and applications, Plant genetic engineering, Fungal genetics, Genetics of bacteria and their viruses, Human genetics, Molecular plant breeding, developmental biology, drosophila genetics etc.

Job options after P.HD Genetics:-

:- Association genetics scientist.

:- Genetics counsellor.

:- National sales manager.

:- Molecular genetics technologist.

:- Genetics laboratory director.

:- Medical technologist Genetics.

List of Top Colleges In India Offers P.HD Genetics Course:-

1). Sardar Vallabh Bahi Patel University of Agriculture and Technology.(Utter Pradesh).

2). Rama University.(Kanpur).

3). Rajendra Agriculture University.(Bihar).

4). National Research centre on Plant Biotechnology.(Delhi).

5). Institute of Science.(Gujarat).

6). Mahatma Gandhi Mission institute of Health sciences.(Maharashtra).

7). Institute of Genetic Engineering.(kolkata).

8). Indian Agricultural Research Institute.(Delhi).

9). College of Home Science – Pusa.(Bihar).

10). University of Delhi – DU.(Delhi).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?