8th December 2012, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Is there any need of doing B.A program for Law after doing 12th with 65%

hlw sir,i had done my 12th with 65% from commerce side.n now i m doing B.A.(PROG)1ST YR .but i m really confused for doing law after graduation or whether i will give enterance exam next year.IS there is any need of doing B.A. (PROG) FOR LAW or not????hope for a positive result soonly

9th December 2012, 11:58 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any need of doing B.A program for Law after doing 12th with 65%

There are basically two law degrees that are accepted by the Bar Council of India. The first one can be pursued after completing 12th while second one can be pursued only after completing graduation.

Therefore the choice is yours, whether you pursue law after 12th or graduation. Both options are open for you. Generally candidates prefer the first option since it saves one year of academic career. However it may not be the case for you since you have already taken admission in BA.

The integrated Law degree is what candidates can pursue after 12th. It includes a bachelor course and LLB course. Degrees offered are BA LLB, B.Com LLB, B.Sc LLB etc. This is a 5 year long course.

On the other hand LLB is a 3 years course. But you can only study it upon completing graduation. There is no difference between two courses offered when applying for job. Both hold the same value.

Integrated LLB Eligibility

1. Must have completed Class 12th.

2. At least 50 percent marks in 12th board.

3. SC/ST candidates need 45 percent marks.

4. The age limit is 20 years.

5. There is 2 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Candidates who meet this criteria can appear for entrance exams like Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) for admission in a law school.

LLB Eligibility

1. Candidate should have a bachelor degree in any stream.

2. Minimum of 45 percent marks in graduation.

3. SC/ST candidates need 40 percent marks.

4. Age limit is 30 years for the LLB course.

5. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for OBC.
10th December 2012, 08:54 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any need of doing B.A program for Law after doing 12th with 65%

There is no need to do B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) to purse LL.B.(Bachelor of Law).

LL.B. Can be pursed in two ways either after 12th for 5 years Integrated LL.B. or after Graduation for 3 years LL.B.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed 12th in any stream from a recognised Board with 50% marks within the age of 20 years can apply for 5 years LL.B. course.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream with 40% marks from a recognised University within the age of 30 years can apply for 3 years LL.B. curse.
7th March 2013, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.A programe from delhi university and now i want to do law from delhi university so im i eligible to apply for it ?
3rd June 2013, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

What i do i have 65%in my top 4 sub from cbse in delhi i want to do llb from du if any one know to help me please suggest me ways
30th July 2013, 05:01 PM
whiteblossom

Hello,

To seek the degree in law that is LL.B, the following is the eligibility criteria for the Undergraduate

1] A candidate should have secured 50% marks at the 10+2 level

2]For SC/ST there is 5% marks relaxation

3]A candidate should be less than 20 years of age for General/ OBC category

4]There is 2 years relaxation of age for SC/ST category

So , there is no need to complete B.A course to secure a degree in law .

But I would also like to remind you that This is a 5 years course .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?