23rd December 2012, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible to write GATE exam after completing MCA through distance education

Dear Sir,

I have completed My MCA through Distance Education. Can i Eligible to write GATE Exam?

23rd January 2013, 11:15 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible to write GATE exam after completing MCA through distance education

There is no restriction in the number of attempts for GATE. Age limit is also not mentioned for the test. Eligible candidate can attend the exam, till he or she obtains a valid score. Engineering graduates are eligible for GATE. MCA holders even through distance education are also considered eligible.
15th August 2013, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I be eligible to write GATE exam after completing MCA through distance education

is it possible to study with scolarship while taking admission through gate exam.if yes then how?
15th August 2013, 08:32 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the Exam conducted by IIT each year

Next GATE exams would be held in January 2014

Eligibilty to apply for the GATE exams is:

>> BE/BTECH/BARCH pass or Final year student

>> M.SC/MCA/MA with subjects/branch Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent

>> Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Five year programme).This programme should have been done just after passing class 12th

GATE PAPERS:
Aerospace Engineering
Instrumentation Engineering
Agricultural Engineering
Mathematics
Architecture and Planning
Mechanical Engineering
Biotechnology
Mining Engineering
Civil Engineering
Metallurgical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Physics
Computer Science and Information Technology
Production and Industrial Engineering
Chemistry
Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Engineering Sciences
Electrical Engineering
Geology and Geophysics
15th August 2013, 10:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes MCA from a distance university is also enough for GATE provided the University is recognized by the distance University council of India.

So if you have MCA from a recognized Distance University then do not worry and start preparing for the examination.

If you qualify GATE with top score then you can get admission into top colleges with full stipend. IITs and NITs are the best colleges that you can get through GATE .

You have to select Computer Science as your subject for GATE examination as you are a MCA qualified candidate.

You can prepare by yourself or you can join coaching for GATE preparation. The exam is conducted by IITs so you must be really well prepared then only you can qualify with a good score.

After qualifying GATE you will get admission through counselling according to the score you have obtained. So try to get the best score possible because seats in IITs and NITs are less and one must have a very good score int GATE.

The best things is that once you qualify GATE you will get scholarship in your further studies. Just make sure that you get admission into a AICTE approved college.
16th August 2013, 09:16 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,

I have completed My MCA through Distance Education. Can i Eligible to write GATE Exam?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .This exam is conducted for M-Tech admission , PHD admission and some of the organization recruit the candidate through GATE score.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.There is no marks criteria.3rd year student are NOT eligible for This year GATE exam.Only final year and pass out batch are eligible for 2014 GATE exam.

You have completed MCA degree so you are applicable for GATE Exam but your degree must be recognized .

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time.There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.GATE score is valid for TWO years.

Best Books for GATE exam for MCA

10Years' Solved Papers GATE: Computer Science And Information Technology
by
The Gate Academy
Price: Rs.266

GATE Computer Science & Information Technology: Topic Wise Solved Papers

GATE Tutor Computer Science & Information Technology(English)
by Er. Shanti Kirupani, Prachi Jain, Amrita Mishra
Product Code: 28352318
Price: Rs.417

Important Dates for GATE Exam:-

Commencement of Online Application submission for GATE 2013 - Saturday 1 Sept 2012

Last date for Submission of Online Application Form for GATE 2013 (website closure - Sunday 30 Sept 2012

Last date for the receipt of printed version of ONLINE Application at the respective zonal GATE Office - 8 October 2012

GATE 2013 Online Examination -Sunday 20 January 2013 (09:00 Hrs to 12:00 Hrs)

GATE 2013 Offline Examination - 10 February 2013 (09:00 Hrs to 12:00 Hrs)
10th February 2014, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

sir I am Btech in Mechanical Engineering via Distance Education From Rajasthan Vidyapeeth.tell me I am eligible for GATE Exam.
11th June 2014, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,

I had completed B.Tech (CCC) Distance Education in Civil Engineering, Can i be Eligible for GATE Exam.
27th June 2015, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

I have completed dimploma after 10th and complete BTech in correspondence from ksou. I m I eligible for GATE to do M. Tech from IIT ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?