4th January 2013, 01:04 PM
Prashant.6388

What is the procedure to get admission for Ph.D in IITs? I am pursuing M.E Computers

Hi i am pursuing M.E.(comp) i want to do PHD,what is procedure to get admission for PHD in IITs or other reputed institutes.
Thank you.

31st May 2023, 04:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to get admission for Ph.D in IITs? I am pursuing M.E Computers

Ph.D. admission in IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) or any other reputed institute is generally offered on the basis of GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) or UGC NET followed by a written examination and/or Interview.

Apart from GATE, certain IITs also offer admission through the institute's Ph.D. admission test, or one can even approach any professor working in his/her interested field with a good research proposal and if the professor finds the candidate deserving, he/she can allow the admission through institute's internal admission policy if possible.

But, one thing I would like to let you know is that if a candidate does not have qualified GATE or UGC NET in a relevant discipline then he/she will not be entitled to receive the fellowship amount offered by MOE (Ministry of Education) or UGC while pursuing Ph.D.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?