6th January 2013, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for UPSC exam after completion of B.Tech?

I am padma from iiit sir , How to apply the UPSC exam after completion of b.tech ?

7th January 2013, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to apply for UPSC exam after completion of B.Tech?

how can i get job in ece? I am a btech degree holder
7th January 2013, 04:21 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

UPSC is a commission it is not a exam. UPSC conduct a various exam like as civil services , defence sector, and you don't mention that which exam detail you want to know so firstly know that in how many exam you are eligible which is conducted by UPSC.
Civil Service Examinations-Preliminary and Mains.
Indian Forest Service Exams.
Indian Engineering Service Exams.
Combined Defence Services Exams.
Central Police Force Examinations.

each and every exam' eligibility criteria are different.
For civil services
age 21 to 30 candidate should be graduate
For IES
age 21 to 30 candidate should be graduate in engineering

FOR FURTHER DETAILS ABOUT THE SAME YOU CAN VISIT THE WEBSITE :- http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th January 2013, 05:04 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After B.Tech. one can apply for UPSC Exam conducted for CDS to join Indian Defence Services and Civil Service Exam to join IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS etc. and IES to join in the top technical post under Central Govt.

CDS - Combined Defence Service - The candidate must be an Indian National having Either appear for the final Graduation Degree or B.Tech. exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

Civil Service Exam:- The candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree or B.Tech. exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

IES - Indian Engineering Service - The candidate eligible must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th January 2013, 05:13 PM
gauraansh

upsc conducts various exams for which yo can apply after doing B.Tech..you. have to decide you are interested in which exam.upsc conducts
civil services exam which involves IAS,IPS,IRS etc.
Indian engineering services.
Indian forest services.
combined defence services.
central police force and.many more.you have to decide according to your interest.
7th January 2013, 06:26 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to apply for UPSC exam after completion of B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am padma from iiit sir , How to apply the UPSC exam after completion of b.tech ?

Eligibility For UPSC

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is not an exam itself..rather its a body that conducts various exams..

Since, you are a B.Tech student then I am most probably guessing that you are either talking about Engineering Service Exams or Civil Services Exam

Eligibility For Civil Service Exams

The Civil Service Exam is conducted for IAS and IPS..

>> The candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years if general, 21-33 years if OBC and 21-35 years if SC/ST..

>> Candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized institute..

>> General candidates are allowed a maximum of 4 attempts..for OBC the limit is 7 and for SC/ST/PD there is no limit..

Eligibility For Engineering Services Exam

>> candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years, 3 and 5 years of age relaxation for OBC and SC/ST respectively..

>> Candidate must have completed his/her B.Tech/B.E. in any one of the following streams :-

> Mechanical Engineering
> Electrical Engineering
> Civil Engineering
> Electronics and Comm Engineering

For details on both the exams you can visit http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
7th January 2013, 06:59 PM
PrithviYash

Smile Re: How to apply for UPSC exam after completion of B.Tech?

Quote:
Hi,

You must describe clear and exact question for receiving perfect answer. For more information about UPSC - visit - http://www.upsc.gov.in/
7th January 2013, 08:31 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Quote:
After B.Tech. one can apply for UPSC Exam conducted for CDS to join Indian Defence Services and Civil Service Exam to join IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS etc. and IES to join in the top technical post under Central Govt.

CDS - Combined Defence Service - The candidate must be an Indian National having Either appear for the final Graduation Degree or B.Tech. exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

Civil Service Exam:- The candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree or B.Tech. exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

IES - Indian Engineering Service - The candidate eligible must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.
7th January 2013, 08:46 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Unhappy Re: How to apply for UPSC exam after completion of B.Tech?

Quote:
UPSC* (Union Public Service Commission) is not an exam itself..rather its a body that conducts various exams..

Since, you are a B.Tech student then I am most probably guessing that you are either talking about *Engineering Service Exams* or *Civil Services Exam*

*_Eligibility For Civil Service Exams
_*

The Civil Service Exam is conducted for IAS and IPS..

*>> The candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years if general, 21-33 years if OBC and 21-35 years if SC/ST..

>> Candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized institute..

>> General candidates are allowed a maximum of 4 attempts..for OBC the limit is 7 and for SC/ST/PD there is no limit..*

*_Eligibility For Engineering Services Exam
_*

*>> candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years, 3 and 5 years of age relaxation for OBC and SC/ST respectively..

>> Candidate must have completed his/her B.Tech/B.E. in any one of the following streams :-

> Mechanical Engineering
> Electrical Engineering
> Civil Engineering
> Electronics and Comm Engineering*
8th January 2013, 08:11 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for UPSC is Union Public Service Commission.

UPSC is not an exam on the contrary, it conducts various examination.

UPSC conducts many civil services examination.

The eligibility required for civil services examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognised board.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs for General, 21-33 yrs for OBC, 21-35 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* No of attempts- 4 for General, 7 for OBC, and no limit of attempts for SC/ST contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
9th January 2013, 01:35 AM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to apply for UPSC exam after completion of B.Tech?

Quote:

_
The eligibility required for civil services examination are prescribed as below:-_

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs for General, 21-33 yrs for OBC, 21-35 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* No of attempts- 4 for General, 7 for OBC, and no limit of attempts for SC/ST contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
13th January 2013, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I am completed B pharm and MBA and having 8.5 yrs exp in pharmaceautical production. Now my age is 33 yes. Now I am interested in competative exam. Please suggest any suitable post if I am fit their conditions.

Regards,
Sandip Chore
14th January 2013, 12:01 AM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to apply for UPSC exam after completion of B.Tech?

Quote:

_
The eligibility required for civil services examination are prescribed as below:-_

THANKS
14th January 2013, 12:02 AM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Question Re: How to apply for UPSC exam after completion of B.Tech?

Quote:

_

THAZNKS
YOUR REGARDS
28th February 2013, 10:23 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
It is very easy.You can apply for the exam online at www.upsconline.nic.in and you can also pay fees for the exam online and also offline mode is available .

For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
1st March 2013, 07:39 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

After B.Tech. one can apply for UPSC conducted exams like CDS/IES/Civil Service Exam etc.

CDS - Combined Defence Service - The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed B.Tech. within the age of 19 to 25 years can apply for CDS.

IES - Indian Engineering Service - The eligible candidate nust be an Indian National having completed B.Tech. Degree within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidatecan apply for IES.

Civil Service Exam - The candidate must be an Indian National having completed B.Tech. Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st March 2013, 08:37 PM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website
http://www.upsconline.nic.in

Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above- mentioned website. Brief Instructions for filling up the "Online Application Form" given in Appendix-II.

Eligiblity

Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognised board.

Age limit- 21-30 yrs for General, 21-33 yrs for OBC, 21-35 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

No of attempts- 4 for General, 7 for OBC, and no limit of attempts for SC/ST contendors.

All The Best
2nd March 2013, 09:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

UPSC Stands for Union public Service Commission .

You have completed B-Tech degree so you are applicable for UPSC exams of below given -

Civil Services Examination
Indian Administrative Service Exam
Indian Police Service Exam
Indian Forest Service Exam
Engineering Services Examination (IES)
Combined Defense Service Exam

Eligibility Criteria:

Educational Qualification: -

The candidate should have a degree in any discipline from university recognized by UGC. Final Year students can also apply.

Not require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age Limit: -

The candidate minimum age should be 21 years and the maximum age is 30 years.

21-33 year for OBC candidate
21-35 year for SC/ST candidate

IFS exams required the age criteria is 21 to 27 years old.

CDS exam required age criteria is 19 to 25 years old .

You can fill the online application form from the official website www.upsconline.nic.in

For further details of upsc exam visit to www.upsc.gov.in

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?