28th January 2013, 07:19 AM
09331A0204

Can I apply for the post of PO after passing B.Tech final year?

hi.. presenlty im doing b.tech final year. It will be completeing by this may. Can i apply for the post of po as im in final year? i saw that po exam is in april so wat to do now?

29th January 2013, 09:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for the post of PO after passing B.Tech final year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09331A0204 View Post
hi.. presenlty im doing b.tech final year. It will be completeing by this may. Can i apply for the post of po as im in final year? i saw that po exam is in april so wat to do now?

You are final year student of B.Tech degree so you are not applicable for PO post .So first complete your graduation degree then you can apply in Bank PO exams of SBI and IBPS .

If you are getting provisional certificate after may , then you can apply on After may schedule.

So the educational Qualification for Bank PO exam is-

You must have graduation degree from recognized university .PO exam not require any kind percentage marks in graduation .

Your age should be in Between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is there for reserved category only.

Selection process for Bank PO exam is - Written Test and Personal Interview . SBI PO exam conduct GD round also .

For further information for recruiting for PO Post , you can visit to SBI and IBPS website .

29th January 2013, 03:54 PM
sonali pandey1111

hi dear

yes you can apply for bank po, you are eligible for it. you have to clear a exam which is conducted by IBPS or SBI. After that there is interview round.

you should have 60% marks in your graduation

Your age should be in Between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is there for reserved category only.

all the best
thanks
29th January 2013, 04:03 PM
Ravindar singh

30th January 2013, 12:13 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Since you are in the FINAL Year of your Graduation, so you cannot apply for the PO exam right now.
Currently SBI has announced its PO vacancy.
But since you have not completed your Graduation, so you cannot apply for this PO exam.

But you can apply for the BANK PO exams after you have passed your Graduation.

BANK PO exams are conducted by IBPS on behalf of 20 Nationalised banks
Eligibilty for this exam is:
Graduation Pass with Minimum 60% marks
Age should be between 21 and 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

IBPS conducts this exams just once each year
30th January 2013, 06:26 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

Sorry, you cannot apply for the post of PO after passing B.Tech final year at present time.

First of all, I would like to tell you that banking examinations are conducted by IBPS and SBI.

The eligibility criteria required for banking examinations are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any stream from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 20-30 yrs for IBPS PO and 21-30 yrs for SSBI PO.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

30th January 2013, 09:36 PM
gauraansh

After passing B.tech you can apply for PO exam.To give this exam you need to be graduate from any field.
age limit is 21-30 years for general,3 years relaxation for OBC,5 years for SC/ST.
To give this exam you have to give written exam and interview.After clearing these 2 stages only you can get PO job in banks.
31st January 2013, 08:31 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I fail to understand why do you want to do Bank job after completing engineering. If you were interested in banking sector then why did you pursued Engineering? I will strongly advice you to look for job in your field rather than applying for the Bank PO entrance exam.

If you have scored 60 percent marks in Engineering and want government job then PSU is the best option for you. Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) is a company which is controlled by the government.

There are more than 150 such companies in India that requires Engineering graduates. These companies issues a separate notification for the entrance exam. You can access it on their official website as well leading newspapers.

PSU job would be much better option for you than Bank PO. You will have to give entrance exam in both cases however if you have good GATE score then you can get job in Public Sector Undertaking with just a interview.

PSU Eligibility

1. Candidate should be citizen of India.

2. B.Tech/B.E. degree from recognized college.

3. At least 60 percent marks.

4. Must clear all pending backlogs before applying.

5. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

6. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

7. SC and ST are eligible for 5 years relaxation

List of PSU

ISRO

DRDO

BPCL

NTPC

HPCL

IOCL

ONGC

ECIL

NALCO

SAIL

GAIL

BHEL

BEL

MTNL

BSNL

Indian Engineering Service

You can also apply for the Indian Engineering Service exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. It is quite a popular entrance exam among engineering graduates who are looking for government sector job.

Indian Engineering Service is conducted for various jobs in several government departments. Since I don't know about your Engineering stream, I can't exactly tell whether you are eligible or not. You should check that out and if eligible, definitely apply for the Indian Engineering Service.

Eligibility

1. You should be citizen of India.

2. B.Tech degree from a recognized college.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. Final year students are also eligible.

5. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

6. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

7. SC and ST are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

As far as Bank PO entrance exam is concerned, in case you are still interested then there is no option but to complete the graduation before applying for it. The IBPS Bank PO entrance exam is generally conducted in June. If you can complete the Engineering degree prior to that then you are definitely eligible to apply, even though I will not recommend it.
31st January 2013, 05:20 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

hi
yes you can apply for the PO exam being in the final year of graduation.
The eligibilty is that you should have complete your graduation by the time you appear for the interview of the PO. \moreover, you should be having a minimum of 65% aggregate marks in your graduation. And your age should be in between 20-28 years of age.
Gud luck
31st January 2013, 10:27 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

It totally depends on that with how much % of marks you pass the B.Tech.

This is because of the following eligibility criteria for the Bank PO Examination :

a) you should have passed graduation in any stream from any recognized university/college .

b) you should have a minimum of 50% marks in graduation.

c) your age should lie in the bracket of 21-30 years.

d) if you belong to any of the reserved categories , then you will get the relaxation in age.

So , if you fulfill all of the above mentioned then you will be completely eligible for the exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
31st January 2013, 11:13 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
After passing B.Tech you can apply for Bank P.O.

For Bank P.O You have to qualify the exam conducted by:-
> Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
> State Bank Of India(SBI)

There are three stage of selection:-
> Written exam
> Interview
> Group Discussion

Written exam syllabus is:-
> Maths
> English
> I.Q
> General Studies.

ALL THE BEST!
28th May 2013, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

sir currently i doing diploma.after b tech can i join indian navy?
How many marks required for indian navy?
2nd August 2014, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
Please suggest me the bank po exam crackable help books name,writer name and prices.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?