25th March 2011, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Jobs in core companies for Electrical department(EEE) student? Eligibility criteria for the same?

i m from EEE dept...
what is the procedure to enter into the core companies?..
what are the eligibilities u need from an electrical student?..

Related Questions:
  1. Jobs in core companies for Electrical department(EEE) student? Eligibility criteria for the same? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Eligibility criteria to apply Jobs in Core Electrical Companies like NTPC, NHPC and SAIL being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of Electrical Engineering?
  3. Eligibility criteria for jobs in Core Electrical Companies?
  4. How to get placed for core companies? What is the eligibility criteria?
  5. Procedure to enter into core companies? Eligibility for an Electrical student?
  6. Getting placed in good electrical core companies?
  7. List of core companies for EEE? What is their eligibility criteria?
  8. What is the eligibility criteria for R&D position in Core companies?
  9. How to apply for internship in electrical core companies?
  10. List of core sector companies of Electrical Engineering having criteria less than 60% in B.Tech?
  11. How can we get jobs in core companies while doing B.E Electrical and Electronics final year? -- [New]
  12. Eligibility criteria for jobs in MNC companies under core Engineering branches?
  13. List of core companies which provides summer internship for Electrical Engineering students?
  14. How to get placed in good companies for electrical and electronics department? Information about the core companies? Number of good core companies in Inida?
  15. How may I switch into core from IT sector job in Chennai? I have done chemical engineering
  16. Will GATE help me in getting jobs in core companies? How to apply in core companies? I am a 4th year ECE student
  17. Which are the jobs available in Electrical Core Companies?
  18. How to get a job in core companies and software companies?
26th March 2011, 07:19 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Jobs in core companies for Electrical department(EEE) student? Eligibility criteria for the same?

You need to first complete at least graduation. Those who have completed Masters course too can apply. If you are looking for Government service then you must apply for exam like ESE. There will be notifications regarding exams conducted by various government organisations too. These candidates can also go in for private practise too.
13th April 2011, 07:48 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Jobs in core companies for Electrical department(EEE) student? Eligibility criteria for the same?

There are many core companies both from Government Sector and private sector which Electrical and Electronic graduates.

Eligibility

As a Engineering graduate you can try out in the below companies.You can even get into these companies after completing your M.tech course which will be off a higher post.I have given here a list of companies which you can try out for after completing your Engineering with minimum of 70% aggregate.the aggregate level may be higher or lower depending upon the company.But,for most of the Public Sector Undertaking(PSU's) the aggregate must be above 65%.

Procedure

The procedure almost remains the same for all the examinations conducted by core companies.the test is basically divided into two parts
1.Written Test
2.Interview

The written test is generally conducted in selected Cities.If selected for the written you will be called up for the interview where they will decide whether to select you or not based upon your performance.

List of Companies

I have given the respective links of the companies.You can visit the career's page for the current notifications.

National Thermal Power Corporation(NTPC)-click here,
Bharat Heavy Electricals limited(BHEL)-click here,
Jindal Steel and Power Limited-click here
Steel Authority of India Limited(SAIL)-click here
Bharat Electronics Ltd.(BEL)-click here

You can even go through Engineering Services exam conducted by the UPSC Board through which you can get placed in various organizations.
UPSC Website-click here

You can even go through GENCO,TRANSCO,Power Grid exams conducted by State and National Boards.All the exams which i have mentioned above have their own procedure's for recruiting candidates hence you need to go through these exams individually.
13th April 2011, 09:44 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

dear friend, if you would be able to finish up your b.tech with minimum of 65% marks then you can appear for all kind of psu exam.

best of luck
13th April 2011, 11:15 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

the eligibility criterion for most of the core company is you should have minimum of first class that means you should have minimum of 60% marks throughout. some company also give eligibility criterion like you should have minimum of 65 or 70% marks.

in most of the core company recruit experienced candidate or trained freshers candidate. for this i think it's better to take training from outside institution. you may take training on power system or power engineering, microcontroller, PLC, control system etc.

some government core company recruit fresher candidate but very less. till you may try for job in BHEl, SAIl etc.

best of luck.
13th April 2011, 11:39 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

YES ,there are lot of core companies are there for EEE students and you can

appear in their written exam and personal interview only if you have good

percentage and you do not have any backlogs in past .there might be some

companies which may allow you to sit in exam if you do have backlogs in past

but no live backlogs

List of Companies

Bharat Electronics Ltd.(BEL)
http://www.bel-india.com/

National Thermal Power Corporation(NTPC)
http://www.ntpccareers.net/

Jindal Steel and Power Limited
http://www.jindalsteelpower.com/

Bharat Heavy Electricals limited(BHEL)
http://www.bhel.com/home.php

Steel Authority of India Limited(SAIL)
http://www.sail.co.in/
Eligibility

As a Engineering graduate you can try out in the below companies..I have given here a

list of companies which require minimum of 65% .

these companies conduct their own exam and interview to select students to various

13th April 2011, 12:24 PM
Deb51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m from EEE dept...
Most core company give eligibility criterion 60%marks. else some reputed company also give eligibility criterion like you should have 65%or 70% marks.They also requred exprenced/trained freshers candidate.so if you can take training on power system / power engineering or control system etc from any inestitute .
You can also try Govemment core company.
13th April 2011, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

gdevening sir/mam... i did my b.tech in electrical and electronics(EEE). am i eligible for the post of lecturer in diploma college for electrical department? plz reply me as soon as possible..... m waiting for your reply....
regards- pankaj jindal, kurukshetra E mail- [email protected]
13th April 2011, 06:56 PM
devendergora

These are the core Electrical companies:

Eligibility
An an Elctrican engg, you can apply in the above companies.For most of the Public Sector Undertaking(PSU's) the aggregate must be above 65%.

Procedure

The procedure almost remains the same for all the examinations conducted by core companies.the test is basically divided into two parts
1.Written Test
2.Interview

The announcement regarding availability of jobs is made in Employment news paper.
15th April 2011, 11:34 PM
chiranjeev90

hii,
being a EEE student u can go either for CORE sector or IT sector.
the best companies that provides jobs to EE in core sector are:-
SAIL,NTPC,Jindal,BHEL,State Electricity Boards,SIMENCE,,PHILIPS,SAIL,INTEL etc

and among IT sector:-
tcs,infosys,satyam,techmahindra,wipro,amdoc,cse,cs s,emphasis,american megatrends,mindtree etc

the elligibility criteria in core sector in an average is 50-70%
and more of the core companies do prefer a valid score card during the recruitment process
19th April 2011, 04:15 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
Yes ,there are lot of core companies are there for EEE students and you can
appear in their written exam and personal interview only if you have good
percentage and you do not have any backlogs in past .there might be some
companies which may allow you to sit in exam if you do have backlogs in past
but no live backlogs

List of Companies

1.)Bharat Electronics Ltd.(BEL)
2.)National Thermal Power Corporation(NTPC)
3.)Jindal Steel and Power Limited
4.)Bharat Heavy Electricals limited(BHEL)
5.)Steel Authority of India Limited(SAIL)

Eligibility:-
As a Engineering graduate you can try out in the below companies.I have given here a
4th May 2011, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

how to apply core jobs
21st May 2011, 03:46 PM
chennakesav

Default Re: Jobs in core companies for Electrical department(EEE) student? Eligibility criteria for the 55% of marks?

i am chennakesav
21st May 2011, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/mam,
I am Harinarayana reddy, i compleated b.tech(EEE). i have intrested to join any electrical (core) trainig but i dnt know about training center details and applying details..... please tell me the training details and where is the good training institutions. please tell me......
Thanking you sir/mam,

Regards
Hari narayana reddy.Seelam
21st May 2011, 07:05 PM

hello sir/mam,
I am hari, I am compleated b.tech(EEE). I have intrested to join electrical(core) training courses but i dnt know about which type of course is joining, what is the good institutions and where is that type institutions are there.......... so , please tell me details......
Thanking you Sir/Mam

Regards
Hari
21st May 2011, 07:09 PM

hello sir,
I am hari, give names about private companies......
26th May 2011, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

sir, can u give me the list of few private power plants which allot a job after b.tech
27th May 2011, 04:26 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

Post Re: Jobs in core companies for Electrical department(EEE) student? Eligibility criteria for the same?

Quote:
i m from EEE dept...
hii, in KEB you need to have 85%, then there will be an interview you need to clear, if you do, you will get high salary position.
31st May 2011, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

i finished b.e (eee) in 2010 i have work experience for 6 months as quality engineer in banglore now i left the job can i get job in good company i have 65%
18th June 2011, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

sir i m eee final yr student iwant to know abt written test ques types for core companies it is asked from final year or includes whole semesters ?
20th June 2011, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

i finished diplamo ,plz tell me how many gov.job websites are there with adderes...
22nd June 2011, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

hi .... my name is jai.. am doing my final yr EEE now..... am really confused...whether choose a core field or software field?.. but my aim s to become a core engineer and move abroad.....pls say wat shalll i do now...to get a job.
am in 7th semester now?
25th June 2011, 02:28 AM
Unregistered

if i got 57% marks in 12th and in pcm 69% marks and gradu 80% than may i sit written examination comp during placement
9th July 2011, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

How many private/mnc/gov/psu sector will allow me to appear for their jobs/interview exams with 46.8% in 10th,67% in 12th and 63% upto 5th sem of BE(Electrical and electronics engineering.)??? And please mention the minimum age limit for these companies/sector...
I have 46.8% in 10th (UP Board) in 2005
i have 67% in 12th(bio steam) UP Board in 2007
i have 67% in 12th(mathematics steam-additional) pcm 67% UP Board in 2008
i have 63% Aggregate upto 5th sem in BE (EEE) with RGTU BHOPAL M.P.
i will complete my BE in 2012.......
my DOB is 31-12-1991....

Please tell me. if any type of problem related to my % and others..... mail me..at................ aloka.71@gmail
10th July 2011, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Hi,i am prabhakaran, dong my final year of B.E(EEE),i have 6 backlogs,am i eligible to get placed in core companies?
11th July 2011, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

RESPECTED SIR I M BE-EEE 3RD YEAR STUDENT SO WHAT PREPARATION I NEED 2 DO TO GT JOB IN CORE COMPANIES
20th July 2011, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

to study aptitude books like r.s agarwal
21st July 2011, 02:21 AM
Unregistered

i had already ask a q.. on 9th july 6.31 pm. but you did'nt reply.... why???.... #24
i hav also apply 4 resistration.. but there is no login 4 me and now my status is unresisterd.... so please please please sir/ madam reply my question at my email id [email protected]
please.... i m so confused so i cant tolerate more time n more such type of reply problem....
22nd July 2011, 08:56 PM
anil_kumar89

Eligibility

As a Engineering graduate you can try out in the below companies..I have given here a

these companies conduct their own exam and interview to select students to various

List of Companies

http://www.bel-india.com/

http://www.ntpccareers.net/

http://www.jindalsteelpower.com/

http://www.bhel.com/home.php

http://www.sail.co.in/
2nd August 2011, 03:51 PM
btcs11

there are good job opportunities available after completing bachelors degree in EEE stream. you can find jobs in both private and government sectors.
but the eligibility criteria differs according to the company. some company ask for minimum 60% while few more ask for minimum 80%.
but most of the private companies expect for minimum of 65% in your bachelors degree. you can also write exams for government jobs like civil services,bank exams,IES etc for which minimum a pass or 50% is eligibility criteria.
the core companies you can choose after completing your bachelors degree in EEE are Tata,SAIL,BEL,NTPC,BHEL etc.
also write TNPSC group exams,civil services exam,IES exams to get government jobs.
all the best.
2nd August 2011, 03:53 PM
btcs11

Smile Re: Jobs in core companies for Electrical department(EEE) student? Eligibility criteria for the same?

there are good job opportunities available after completing bachelors degree in EEE stream. you can find jobs in both private and government sectors.
but the eligibility criteria differs according to the company. some company ask for minimum 60% while few more ask for minimum 80%.
but most of the private companies expect for minimum of 65% in your bachelors degree. you can also write exams for government jobs like civil services,bank exams,IES etc for which minimum a pass or 50% is eligibility criteria.
the core companies you can choose after completing your bachelors degree in EEE are Tata,SAIL,BEL,NTPC,BHEL etc.
also write TNPSC group exams,civil services exam,IES exams to get government jobs.
all the best.
8th August 2011, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

how to placed in core company
9th August 2011, 07:50 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

In order to apply for any Jobs in core companies you must complete your degree with a minimum of 60% mark.Final year student can also apply.All the core companies conduct their own exams.So you need to keep visiting their official site frequently to keep yourself updated.

1.Written Test
2.Interview
9th August 2011, 08:25 AM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Electrical engineer deal with science and technology involving electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism, providing good number of scope in future...

They also cover areas likes generation, distribution and transmission of electricity as well as new age applications in electronics.

Core jobs of EEE :-
Power plants,
Substations,
Construction related companies,
State Electricity Boards,
Electrical Equipments manufacturing companies,
ECIL
BHL and etc.

skills to be Enhanced..
Logical and quick thinking
mental ability to understand technical concepts (mathematics & science)
Good knowledge in Core subjects
ability to grasp new concepts
express oneself using figures and words
communication skill (since engineers works in teams)
perseverance
core specialization for M.Tech are :-

• broadcast engineering
• communications engineering
• control engineering
• cybernetics
• digital systems engineering
• electronics
• electronic control
• electrical power engineering
• integrated circuit engineering
• mechatronics
• medical electronics
• microelectronics
• optoelectronics
• robotics
• telecommunications engineering
14th August 2011, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

how do i get in to GENCO TRANSCO when exam ill they conduct i had completed my ME power system pls help me
16th August 2011, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

I have completed me be(eee) in 2009 and searching job in core companies..i am having 59.5% aggregate..can i get a job in core companies...please help me.
16th August 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

hi .... my name is sudhan.. am doing my final yr EEE now..... am really confused...whether choose a core field or software field?.. but my aim s to become a core engineer and move abroad.....pls say wat shalll i do now...to get a job.
am in 7th semester now?
21st August 2011, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

sir i have compleated my b.tech in electrical trade with 61% and i want to do job in electrical company plz send me the detail of electrical company on my email id [email protected] its my humbal request plz
25th August 2011, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

sir i am pursuing B.Tech. I'll complete my B.Tech in the next year. I've got 85% in both madhyamik & HS exams.after 6th sem my avg is 8.66. bt my college cann't assure me to give gd jobs in gd companies.please send me the list of private companies which has requrement & other details in my mail id [email protected] help me
26th August 2011, 12:20 PM
Mannu2525

Quote:
sir i am pursuing B.Tech. I'll complete my B.Tech in the next year. I've got 85% in both madhyamik & HS exams.after 6th sem my avg is 8.66. bt my college cann't assure me to give gd jobs in gd companies.please send me the list of private companies which has requrement & other details in my mail id [email protected] help me
List of following companies IT Companies
  • Accenture
  • Birlasoft
  • Convergys
  • CSC
  • CTS
  • IBM
  • iFle
  • Infosy
  • NIIT
  • Patni
  • Syntel
  • TCS
  • TechMahindra
  • Wipro

For Placement Papers of these companies Click here

For latest Jobs - Click here

GOOD LUCK

With Regards,
~~~~~~~
Manvendra
~~~~~~~
2nd September 2011, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

gud afternoon sir/mam
i am madhavi pursuing b.tech final year in the stream eee i want to secure a job in a company related to eee i have a percentage of 70%and i want to work in chennai i dont have proper guidance regarding core companies in chennai so please give me proper guidance and steps to follow to secure a job please send me the list of companies according to my eligibility and in the 1st year 2nd semester i had a backlog now it is cleared .now i dont have have any backlogs waiting for ur rly
13th September 2011, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

WHICH ARE THE SUBJECTS THAT I NEED TO KNOW FOR PLACEMENTS IN BOTH SOFTWARE & CORE?
18th October 2011, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

how to apply on electrical core companis?
30th October 2011, 04:09 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

For the EEE student lot of job opportunities are available in private and also in the public sector;
For the EEE you will get the job in the following sectors:
1) SAIL
2) BHEL
3) UPSC
4) BANK
5) ISRO
6) ONGC
7) GAIL
8) All BANk exams you are eligible
9) Postal
10) Railway
etc.,
these are the different job opportunities available for the EEE course
31st October 2011, 08:25 PM
blizard

JOBS IN CORE COMPANIES FOR EEE STUDENTS :

1.SAIL

2.BHEL

3.ECIL

4.IOCL

5.TATA STEEL

6.TATA MOTORS

7.MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA

8.VEDANTA

9.SYNTEL

10.ALSTOM Etc...
4th November 2011, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

sir i have compleated my b.tech in electrical trade with 62% and i want to do job in electrical company plz send me the detail of electrical company on my email id [email protected] its my humbal request plz
12th January 2012, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, i m in eee last year. i want to know if there is any site or group that i can join where i can get updates about upcoming exams being conducted by different electrical private companies focheck each n every company website regularly for the same...r freshers recruitment as it is very difficult to
31st January 2012, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

i am sudha belongs to eee.i interested to do job at core side.so can u give the suggestions.
7th March 2012, 02:23 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, m persuing b.tech with 72% agrgte.plz tel me list of some private companys on core side only.my id is [email protected]
24th March 2012, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

i have 60% aggregate so give me sugession for my future plans to get placed in core jobs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?