1st February 2013, 03:39 PM
er1291

Can I apply for SBI PO exam after passing B.Tech final year

sir, i am in btech final year. can i apply for sbi po exam ?

8th February 2013, 06:35 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for SBI PO exam after passing B.Tech final year

Those who have completed graduation can apply for SBI P.O. Being a final year student; you can also attend the test. But if you got qualified in the written test, you need to submit certificates at the time of interview. You age must be less than 30 years to apply. Detailed information regarding the test can be collected from SBI portal.
10th February 2013, 07:25 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

NO, You cannot apply for the SBI PO exams.

Only candidates who have passed the Graduation can apply for the PO exams of the SBI.
Final year Graduation student cannot apply for the SBI PO exams.

Age limit to apply for the SBI PO exams is between 21 and 30 years

So, once you complete your graduation this year, than you can apply for the PO exams next year

But you can start your preparations for the PO exams from now only.

Questions will be asked from the below sections in the SBI PO Exams:
Test of English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc)
Test of General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
Test of Data Analysis and Interpretation
Test of Reasoning (High Level)
10th February 2013, 09:54 PM
kvs212011

Hai Friend.....
Only candidates who have passed the Graduation can apply for the PO exams of the SBI.
Final year Graduation student cannot apply for the SBI PO exams.

The Eligibility Criteria Required for SBI PO Exam are :

a) you must have passed graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

b) Your age should lie in the bracket of 21-30 years.

c) For OBC Candidates , age should lie in between 21-33 years.

d) For SC/ST candidates , age should be in between 21-35 years.

e) You should have Indian Nationality.

ALL the BEST.....
11th February 2013, 12:11 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I apply for SBI PO exam after passing B.Tech final year

Quote:
Originally Posted by er1291 View Post

Eligibility to apply for SBI PO Exam

The Probationary Officer's Exam for State Bank of India is a tough exam and candidates from all over India shall be competing for it..

Candidates must satisfy the following minimum eligibility criterion to appear for the SBI PO Exam :-

>> candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years..

>> OBC candidates must be within the age limit of 21-33 years..

>> SC/ST candidates must be within 21-35 years..

>> all candidates must have completed their graduation from a recognized institute(no restriction on percentage)

The forms for the SBI Bank PO Exam shall be available from 30th January,2013 to 23rd February,2013

The exam shall be conducted on 28th April,2013

The written exam shall be of 250 marks and will test you on the basis of the following topics :-

>> Quantitative Aptitude
>> English Language
>> Logical Reasoning
>> General Awareness
>> Reading Comprehension

The following rounds need to be cleared for getting selected for the exam :-

>> Written Exam
>> Group Discussion
>> Personal Interview

You can also Click Here for more details about the bank PO Exam..

Refer to the following books for your preparations :-

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
11th February 2013, 07:50 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Yes, you can apply for SBI P.O.(Probationary Officer) after completion of B.Tech. Degree.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good knowledge over computer operation.

For more information you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com
11th February 2013, 09:49 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Graduates in any discipline can apply for SBI P.O. exam, so as you have passed B.Tech. degree, you are eligible to apply for the same.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate. The candidate should be a computer literate one.

For more information you may log on to http://statebankofindia.com
11th February 2013, 09:50 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Graduates in any discipline can apply for SBI P.O. exam, so as you have passed B.Tech. degree, you are eligible to apply for the same.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate. The candidate should be a computer literate one.

For more information you may log on to http://statebankofindia.com
15th February 2013, 10:01 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

yes , you are eligible for apply SBI Bank Po but before written examination complete your Graduation with min of 60% aggregate

SBI Bank PO Eligibility :

You must be Indian

You have any Degree with min of 60% aggregate (55% for SC/ST candidates) from a recognized university

You are age limit between 21 to 30 years

If your any reserved candidate , you have age relaxation as per govt rules

If your OBC candidates , you have 3 years age relaxation

If your SC/ST candidates , you have 5 years age relaxation

Selection Process Based on Written Test & Interview

Phase I :

Objective test of English language , General Awareness , Data Analysis & Interpretation , Reasoning
Total Marks : 200

Descriptive test of English language i.e Comprehension , small outline , article & letter writing
Total Marks : 50

Phase II :

Group Discussion : 20 Marks

Group Discussion (Rural) : 10 Marks

Interview : 30 Marks

Experience : 10 Marks

SBI Bank Po Exam Dates 2013 :

Last date of filling online application : 23.02.2013

Online registration starts : 30.01.2013

Fee can be paid two ways online & offline mode

Online : 30 jan to 23 feb & Offline : 1 feb to 28 feb

Candidates age limit between 21 to 30 years as per 01.01.2013
17th February 2013, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

im in the final year of graduation.so can i apply for sbi po 2013 ?
17th February 2013, 11:56 PM
Beawar

Dear..

Lucrative Bank jobs has now a days attracted many people like you to move towards Banking Jobs and that is why the sector has seen some tough competition in recent times so let me tell you very frankly that if you are looking for a Bank job then prepare yourself otherwise it can prove as a waste of time and money.

Anyways the eligibility of Exam is as follow :-

A graduate degree is a must
Regular and distance both degree course are valid
Degree must be validate from some university
Age limit is 20-28
There is some relaxation to those who fall under reserved category
No minimum percentage criteria.
No specific subject criteria
Final year student can also apply

So if you want to become a probationary officer then ensure that you fulfill the above listed eligibility criteria and after that prepare for the exam well

Sections are :-

Maths
English
Reasoning
GK
Computers

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
18th February 2013, 10:52 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

hi
yes friend, you aree eligible for giving the bank PO exam even being in the final year of your graduation. but you have to make sure that by the time of your interview, you have to submit your complete degree over there. If you think that you will be having your degree till then, you can apply for PO exam.
the other eligibility criteria for the exam is that you should be having a minimum of 65% marks in your graduation, a 5% relaxation is given to the sc/st students.
The age limitation is 21-28 years of age.
For more details, go to the website
www.ibps.in
gud luck
18th February 2013, 09:11 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
The SBI is recruiting 1500 Probationary Officers an dthe dates for the same has been announced.

Important Dates-:

Last date for online registration->23/02/2013.

Last date for offline registration->28/02/2013.

Date of the written examination->28/04/2013.

Eligibility Criteria-:

Those who have completed their GRADUATION from a recognized university in any discipline are eligible to apply.

Age Limit->Minimum 21 years amd maximum 30 years as on 01/01/2013.Relaxation of 3 years for OBC,5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The Patter of the Written Examination-:

I.Test of English Language which includes topics like Grammar,Comprehension,Vocabulary etc..

II.Computer and Marketing,General Awareness.

III.Reasoning

IV. Data Analysis and Interpretation.

Questions will be Objective type with a total of 200 marks,50 marks from each section of 2 hours duration.
There will be also a Descriptive Type question of 50 marks of 1 hour duration consisting of Comprehension,Short Precis, Essay,Letter Writing.

The written exam will be of all together 250 marks.

As you have not completed your graduation,you will not be eligible for the said exam.

Also please do check the advertisement of the SBI PO in the attachment.

Good Luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1358846860536_SBI_PO_RECRUITMENT_ADVT.pdf(81.7 KB, 105 views)
21st February 2013, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

I have applied for the SBI PO exam and register, please tel me what personal documents will be required it ??
26th February 2013, 06:51 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
SBI PO Exam Details:-

~A career in the banking sector is always lucrative. Even more when it is State Bank of India which is one of the most prestigious bank in India currently.

~To sit for the SBI PO Exam you need to a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

~The minimum percentage to acquire has not been mentioned so you just need to get 40% of marks at UG level.

~Your age should not be less than 20 years when applying for this exam. The upper age limit is 30 years.

~There is age relaxation for the reserved category candidates. 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates.

~The selection procedure will be based on three stages: Written Test, Group Discussion and Interview and Final Selection.

~There are two kind of writing test. One is objective test which consists of four sections and total 200 marks have been allotted for this section. This paper needs to be completed in two hours.

~Second one is the descriptive test where 50 marks have been allotted for this exam and you need to complete the paper in one hour. In this test you need to write comprehension, short precis, letter writing and essay for a given topic.

~The group discussion will be held for 20 marks after the interview will be held for 30 marks. On passing in the written test you will be called for the interview session.

~Final decision will be based on the marks you have secured in both the stages. Candidates who tops the merit list will be selected finally.

Hope this helps
27th February 2013, 08:19 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear er1291,

The State Bank Of India is going to conduct the bank PO Exam for 1544 posts as per the following posts :

a) Online Registration Of Application : 30/01/2013 - 23/02/2013

b) Online Payment Of Fees : 30/01/2013 - 23/02/2013

c) Offline Payment Of Fees : 01/02/2013 - 28/02/2013

d) Date Of Written Examination : 28/04/2013

The Qualifications Required For SBI Bank PO Exam 2013 [As On 01/01/2013] :

* You must have completed graduation in any stream from any recognized university or any equivalent degree recognized by state governments.

* Candidates in Final year of graduation are not eligible.

* Your age should lie in between 21-30 years.

* Upper age is relaxable by :

1) 3 years for OBC Candidates.

2) 5 years for SC/ST Candidates.

3) 10 years for Physically handicapped.

* You must be an Indian Citizen.

* Maximum No. Of Attempts Allowed :

a) General Category : 4

b) OBC Category : 7

c) SC/ST Category : No Limit

The Pattern Of SBI PO Examination , 2013 :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

11th March 2013, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

i m final year student of b.tech and i submitted sbi po form ane it had successfully submited but i have a query in my mind
will i get my admit card or not?
11th March 2013, 10:35 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

SBI stands for State Bank of India.

Every year SBI will conduct recruitment procedure to choose the candidates for the following positions
-Clerical positions
-PO positions

SBI will also conduct recruitment procedure to choose the candidates for SBI associate banks also.

Here is the eligibility criteria for SBI PO Exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university with minimum of 60% of marks.
-Relaxation in percentage of marks upto 5% of marks for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Age criteria :
One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Here is the maximum number of attempts for SBI PO Exam.
For General : A maximum of 4 times
For OBC : A maximum of 7 times
For Sc/ST : No limit

For the information regarding SBI Recruitment notifications, please visit
http://www.sbi.co.in/
1st May 2013, 02:50 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
No doubt ... Definitely you're apply for SBI PO Examination after Completing B.tech course... Any Discipline candidates are applicable for SBI PO Examination .. But you should not have any backlogs in B.tech Course then Only your applicable for SBI PO Examination ..

You have not Mention your Percentage of marks Details here .. I hope you have score good percentage of marks in you're B.tech course .. So there is no isuse with your Educational qualification ..

Any candidate who aspiring to appear in SBI PO Examination, then the candidate need to satisfy the following Criteria ..... like ...

Complete Graduation course in any Faculty from recognized university and Final year candidate may also eligible to apply fort this Examination ..

The age of the candidate should be Minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years at the time of appearing in Entrance Examination and Upper age Relaxation will be applicable for 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Tips for Candidates :-

One should Start Preparation for SBI PO Examination before 6 Month of Date of Examination .. Candidate should ready to face the Examination at anytime and Concentration is Very Important thing that help the candidate to achieve their goal in Life ... So, Concentrate More SBI Examination and Study well .. Go through the Examination Syllabus ... Try take Mock Test you're Self and Find out you're Mistake

This Year Notification for SBI PO Examination already released .. So I suggest you to wait for Next Notification .. The Notification for this Entrance Examination published in Employment News and Other News Papers in India . and also Updated in Official web site of SB..

The SBI Examination Pattern Consist of , Test of English Language , Grammar , Comprehension ,Vocabulary , Computer and Marketing ,General Awareness.Reasoning , Data Analysis and Interpretation.. So you should have good knowledge in this area to achieve you goal ..

So, After Completing you're B.tech course you're definitely applicable for SBI PO Examination ..

All The Best !!
28th August 2013, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=er1291;3129653]sir, i am in btech final year. can i apply for sbi po exam ?
8th October 2013, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

can I apply po exam after passing B.tech on the year 2015.some channel are published like bank jobs are not eligible for b.tech students.they r saying that bank jobs r only for other degrees except B.tech is it true r not?
14th February 2017, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Can I apply for SBI PO exam after passing B.Tech final year

Absolutely Yes..You can...B.tech final year students too can apply for the SBI P.O Exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?