12th February 2013, 10:47 AM
ChandrasekharMandadi

How to become an IAS officer after studying B.Tech 2nd year in KL University

Hai Friends I am studying B.Tech 2nd year in Kluniversity I want to become an IAS officer .please tell me how can i start for IAS preparation ......

15th April 2013, 11:40 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after studying B.Tech 2nd year in KL University

hi,

To become a IAS officer,you should apply for civil service exam and clear the exam with good score.Civil Service exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year once to take qualified students into different service post in government sector.

To eligible for Civil service exam,you should have completed or appearing for final exam of graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university and your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

If you fulfill with this criteria,then you can apply for civil service exam.Civil Service exam consist of Preliminary exam and Main exam.

Preliminary exam notification release in the month of February every year and exam will held on May month every year.Main exam will held on October month every year.After clearing Preliminary exam you will eligible for Main exam.
29th July 2013, 12:06 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after studying B.Tech 2nd year in KL University

You should start exam preparations as early as possible. General awareness, History, Geography, Indian Constitution, Indian Polity, General studies, etc are the topics covered under the exam. Detailed exam syllabus can be collected from UPSC portal. Preparation can be done using reference books and previous year question papers. You can rely for self study or training under coaching center.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?