27th March 2011, 06:25 PM
itu

Career options with subjects Maths and Biology?

what can i do with subjects biology & maths ?

28th March 2011, 09:13 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Career options with subjects Maths and Biology?

Career after 12 with Mathematics

For studing Engineering, if you want to explore your career in Engineering you must have to opted for Pure Science which generally includes combination of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry (PCM). However you can also opt for Maths, Physics and Computer science or else, but I will advice you only to opt for PCM.

That's because for if you want to make a great career in Engineering, then it is important to persue B.Tech from Good Institute, and institutes like- IITs, NITs, BITS etc. are best institutes in India for the purpose, and for persuing B.Tech from there you have to crack IITJEE with good rank, and for appearing for IITJEE PCM is required.

Apart from IITJEE, even any engineering entrance like- AIEEE, BITSAT, VITEEE, KIIITEE, WBJEE etc. you have to opt for PCM.

Whereas in biology, Medical is considered the best of all.

If you want to explore your career in Medical you must have to opted for Pure Science which generally includes combination of Physics, Biology and Chemistry (BCM). However you can also opt for Biology, Physics and Chemistry or else like- Biotech etc., but I will advice you only to opt for BCM.

That's because for if you want to make a great career in Medical, then it is important to persue MBBS from Good Institute, and institutes like- AIIMS, AFMC etc. are best institutes in India for the purpose, and for persuing MBBS from there you have to crack AIIMS Medical Entrance, AIPMT, AFMC Medical Entrance etc. with good rank.

Except Engineering or Medical only few options strick my mind for you.

1) Simplely Complete your M.sc or B.sc degree along with B.ed and opt for Teaching jobs in Goverment Higher secondary schools. At present any teacher in Goverment HS school of Kolkata get 30,000 as basic salary for studing any science subject. Besides these you can opt for Private Coaching also one of the best option. Kolkata is a place where Teaching is one of the most lucaretive job option. Today by having few years of teaching experiance in can open your own Coaching institute. And can easily Ern 6 figure salary.

You can also join some institutes for teachning like- Pathfinder, FITJEE, Resonace etc. FITJEE & Resonance even pay 7 figures salary to there teacher.

2) Simplely after completing your P.hd you can opt for research. Any research Scientist Recieved 50,000 per month in Kolkata. For example- Md. Jamaluddin. Simultaneously you can teach also in Colleges as well and double your stipend.

3) Opt for Hotel Management. Complete your B.Sc/M.sc (Hotel Management) from a good institute and you can find good job in 5 star Hotels, Resturaunts etc.

Regards
~Faiyaz~

28th March 2011, 01:01 PM
krupadesai

Career Options with Maths & Biology:

Firstly, define your area of interest, whether you want to opt for maths/biology or both.

For Maths:

You can pursue BE, B.Sc.

For Biology:

You can pursue MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, BPT

For Both:

You can pursue BPharm or join bachelors course in bioinformatics which have good scopes.

Any of the above choices will be a good option provided you study from good istitutes like IIT, IISc, AIIMS for the same.
28th March 2011, 02:43 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

If you PCMB, then you can give exam in both field either it is engg or medical , but studyin both o these is quite tougher, so proceed carefully.
28th March 2011, 02:45 PM
devendergora

Yes, you can. After 12th, you will be eligible both for engg and medical exam like IIT, AIEEE, PMT, AIPMT, AIIMS etc.
28th March 2011, 07:00 PM
cricket007
Banned

Careers in Mathematics: Opportunities for Mathematics Majors
The college graduate with a bachelor's degree in mathematics can qualify for a broad range of highly paid positions in business, industry, government, and teaching. The study of mathematics will have provided you with specific knowledge that you may build on, e.g. techniques in applied mathematics or statistical methods. All courses, however, involve problem-solving skills. Employers understand that mathematics graduates can handle intellectually difficult problems and that this ability can be transferred to the work environment. Other skills include thinking logically and quantitatively, numeracy, analysing information and, more generally, planning your work, time management, meeting deadlines, presenting your work and writing reports.
CSU Career Information Sites
College of Natural Sciences Career Center Home Page
Mathematics and Statistics Internships
Colorado State University Career Center

Careers in Mathematics Links
Career Brochure (from the AMS, the American Mathematical Society)
Mathematical Sciences Career Information (from the AMS-MAA-SIAM organizations)
The SIAM Report on Mathematics in Industry A comprehensive report.
Careers in Mathematics (from AWM, the Association for Women in Mathematics)

Other Miscellaneous Career Sites
Becoming A Software Developer (written by a CSU graduate Ned Rijavec)
Marketable Math Skills (From Geoff Davis at Dartmouth)
Career Profiles (of Mathematicians working in the Real World)
What can you gain from a Mathematics Degree? (from the University of Warwick in the UK)
Teacher's Guide to BLS Career Information (from the Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Undergraduate and Graduate Research Opportunities (from the Mathematics Division of Argonne National Labs)
Science's Next Wave Resources for the Next Generation of Scientists

Actuarial Science Career Sites
How Do I Become an Actuary? (From the SOA, the Society of Actuaries)
Societies Of Actuaries (home page)
What is an Actuary? (from the Casualty Actuary Society)
Ask An Actuary (an actuary describes how and why he/she chose this career)
Actuarial Career Information (from the Casualty Actuary Society)
Casualty Actuary Society (home page)
What's an Actuary (from the American Academy of Actuaries)
American Academy of Actuaries (home page)
Actuary Grads Network (miscellaneous information)
Occupational Outlook Handbook (from the Bureau of Labor Statistics)
American Society of Pension Actuaries (home page)
D.W. Simpson Actuarial Job Search
Emerald Group

Mathematics Education Career Sites
Educator Licensing Program (from CSU's School of Education)
Colorado Council of Teachers of Mathematics (CCTM)
Colorado Department of Education (CDE)
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)

If you opt for science, you’ll be studying subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Statistics, Geology, Computers, Biotechnology, Microbiology, etc. and seek admission in three year degree courses in one of these subjects.

Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) at 10+2 level:
Engineering ( all branches); Building and Technology; Information Technology; Civil Aviation (Pilot); Navy; Architecture; Industrial Design; paramilitary Services; Packaging Technology; Oceanography; Geologist; Teaching; Gems and Jewellery; Footwear Technology; Food processing; Agricultural Engineering; Mining and Metallurgy; Environment Science; Navigator; TV Repair Technician; Leather Technology; Merchant Navy; Plastic Technology; Meteorology; Astrophysics; Air Force; Pharmacy; Industrial Design; Astronomy; Research; Surveyor; Railway Technician Services; Optician.

Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) : Occupational Therapy; Biotechnology; Agricultural; Dairy Farming; Anthropology; Traditional Medicine; Genetics; Microbiology; Nutrition and Dietetics; Medicine; Paramedical; Services; Horticulture and Floriculture; Aquaculture; Food processing; Marine Biology; Dentistry; Nursing; Veterinary Science; Pharmacy; Physiotherapy; Home Science: Poultry Farming; Environment Science; Forestry Zoology; Chef; Chemist; Detective; ( Foreign Science); Wildlife Sciences; Research; Tea Industry; Botany; Cosmetology; Teaching.

Physics, Chemistry and Computers: Teaching, Artificial Intelligence; Engineering; Design ( Graphic, Interior and Industrial); Information Technology ( Software and Hardware ); Multimedia; Computer Application; Robotics; Bio-informatics.

Physics, Chemistry and Technical Drawing ( PCM ): Design ( Interior and Industrial ); Building and Construction, Engineering, Architecture; Teaching.

ALL THE BEST..........
Attached Files
File Type: pdf biology.pdf(219.6 KB, 198 views)
6th April 2011, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

will it be difficult to study if i opt for PCBM??????
9th April 2011, 03:55 PM
Nazu_khurana

Thumbs up Re: Career options with subjects Maths and Biology?

You have various career options with subjects Maths and Biology as you can join following courses:
  1. BE
  2. B.Sc.
  3. MBBS
  4. BDS
  5. BHMS
  6. BAMS
  7. BPT, and many more.

You can choose what you feel best according to your needs.
11th April 2011, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

do we have 2 give cet entrance test for pathology???
19th June 2011, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

WHICH IS BEST AFTER 12TH ENGINEERING OR MEDICAL BCO I HAVE BOTH BIO.. AND MATHS
7th November 2011, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

i am totaly confused as to select which field as my career. i have opted for both maths and biology. please help
18th November 2011, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

I m confused what to do after 12th......i hv opt fr PCMB
Mg dream is to become a pilot
Bt cn u suggest me the best carrer option??
11th December 2011, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

i m a bio student, can i do astrophysics? and i m in an idea of applying to iit jee after 12th i m 11th now.couid u pls inform me.
31st December 2011, 03:37 PM
joblesswork

You have various career options with subjects Maths and Biology as you can join following courses:
BE
B.Sc.
MBBS
BDS
BHMS
BAMS
BPT, and many more.

You can choose what you feel best according to your needs.
31st December 2011, 11:08 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

There are many career options for you after 12th std with maths and biology as your stream. Main one of them is Medicine. If you don't like to do medicine you can do any other courses like B.sc bio chem, BE bio tech, Any other engineering courses, B.sc (physics, chem, maths or biology), B.tech. etc.
16th March 2012, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

can some please spell out all hese abreviations for me please, have no clue what they mean?
21st May 2012, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

I have taken PCM( phs , chem , maths ) can i become agriculture engeneer ? If yes , so what i have to do after 12th?
12th August 2012, 05:13 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Dear friend ,
Yes, you can. After 12th, you will be eligible both for engg and medical exam like IIT, AIEEE, PMT, AIPMT, AIIMS etc.

That's because for if you want to make a great career in Medical, then it is important to persue MBBS from Good Institute, and institutes like- AIIMS, AFMC etc. are best institutes in India for the purpose, and for persuing MBBS from there you have to crack AIIMS Medical Entrance, AIPMT, AFMC Medical Entrance etc. with good rank.
21st September 2012, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

can you be employed by TSC as a biology and mathematics teacher?
26th June 2013, 11:38 PM
Winning Spirit

Dear Friend,

* Considering maths and biology you have the options to enter either medicine or engineering stream.

* After your 12th standard examination you may apply for either medical or engineering counselling or even may attempt for national level entrance examinations like AIEEE, AIPMT etc to get allotted in any of the top institutions in India.

Best wishes :-)
3rd April 2014, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Suggest some careers for bio maths student.

Pls help

I'm not interested in doing medicine.
26th May 2014, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

I m just titly confused what should I want. I m interested in medical line but my father suggest u go in mathematics line
23rd January 2015, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I have a career option which has the applications of both math and bio?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?