4th December 2009, 02:43 PM
Robin Singh

Government sector jobs vs Private sector jobs after B.E. in mechanical engineering?

good afternoon,
Sir/Madam
I Have Completed my B.E in Mechanical Engg
From Visveswariah Technological University Karnataka .The college is not so
renowned and does not have any Campus Placements.
I am Intersted to Know What are the career prospects after it in government sector or mnc if you can guide me I will be Grateful to you

14th December 2009, 11:38 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Government sector jobs vs Private sector jobs after B.E. in mechanical engineering?

prospect of mechanical engineering in both private and gov. sector are good.

however, what type of job,salary you recieved is entirely based on from which branch of mechanical engineering you belongs.

for private sector mechanical engineering in (automobile, mechatronics,aerospace etc.) is good.
for gov. sector mechanical engineering in (tools and instumentation power plant,aerospace etc.) are good.
14th December 2009, 08:22 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Government sector jobs vs Private sector jobs after B.E. in mechanical engineering?

the government sector job is secure and you have trust.
were as in private sector companies there is not as much security,
moreover there are many facilities in government sector which you don't have in private sector.
15th December 2009, 02:02 AM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

There are many divisions like oil and natural gas, automobile, mechanical, power plants and other divisions which recruit mechanical engineers and pay a sufficient salary so it is advicable to go for govt sector jobs and it is secure one too.
15th December 2009, 05:11 AM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

mnc give a lot of hike in salary......but there is no security and surety ,,govt jobs have descent pay scale and has security with surety...........
15th December 2009, 07:55 PM
shweta guleria

private sector job is good
10th January 2010, 01:30 AM
ryan
Senior Member+

hi robin,first of all i want to tell you that mechanical engineering is one of the evergreen branch of engineering.

further it depends on your interest whether to join govt. or mnc,

if you want a settled job then go for govt. job

but if you want a dynamic life then choose mnc,also mnc provides you greater package on the basis of your potential.
10th January 2010, 04:29 PM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

there is huge salary in private sector jobs where as in public sector job the work load is less,it is upto you to decide what you want
7th February 2010, 01:18 AM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

i will suggest you to work like an mechanical engineer in goverment.........
7th February 2010, 03:52 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

mechanical engineering is a very good course .. has very good jobs in both government and private sectors ..
7th February 2010, 06:05 PM
thakurbaba307

well government sector is evergreen and gives one job-security and equal salary to all...and thats why i dislike it...if u care for rewards in proportion to ur efforts private sector is a good bet....i am myself trying to get in public sector just because i want some time to finish my studies,......once i will have the requisite experience.....i shall join pvt sector, because there is no point being treated equal when u r better than many
7th February 2010, 07:26 PM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

You can apply govt. Sector as railway and bhel and big industry also and aircrafts and also you can apply for air force in technical line
7th February 2010, 07:45 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

well robin i think in my openion the scope is immense after BE in mechanical but as you have asked for the jobs in private as well as govt so you can apply in many multinationals in private sector they may recruit you based on the performance/experience or marks in graduation and in govt sectors you have to give exams regarding the entry and in some places there are also dierct recruitments and regarding the fields in which you may be needed for job are in manufacturing, automobile, production units, instrumentation dept., power plants etc...and in lagre scale industries where mechanical work is needed so dear friend try your luck and success will be at your feet byee take care and all the best ....
20th February 2010, 11:09 PM
Senior Member+++

i think you have a wide scope in both of the sectorrs for you.
government jobs are not so easy to get and private jobs are not easy to earn without hardwork so in my opinion you should open your knowledge in both the sectors and settle where you get in
7th March 2010, 01:45 AM
charumat

there are boom of job in government sector for your stream
you may apply for
1.ntpc (form is out)
2.sail.
3.bhel
3.gail
4.indian railway
5. ies
6.mes
7.tata motors,telcon,jusco,trf
8.jindal steel
and so many
11th March 2010, 04:17 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

hi...
if you are looking for government sector jobs than there are many jods for you....but if you are looking for private jobs then it's depend on your B.E score... i suggest for government...

for more information....
visit to.... www.naukri.com...there you have to give resume......i hope you will get perfect jobs...........
all the best.....
12th March 2010, 03:33 PM
asish
Senior Member+

dear friend
i would advise you to join the private sector if you are interested in automobile,aeronautical,etc
if you want to join the govt sector i would prefer companies like
NTPC,GAIL,SAIL,indian railways,BHEL,etc
the choice is yours
all the best
13th March 2010, 05:17 PM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

dear friend ,
as you are mechanical engineer so you can do the job in private sector but government sector will better for you.for getting the job in government sector you can prepare for ies exam.you can get the information regarding this exam from the site www.upsc.gov.in.
ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR FUTURE
14th March 2010, 05:53 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

here you have both the option to work in either private sector or government sector.
now it is your turns to decides,

o k
31st May 2010, 09:42 AM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

Hi,
Its nice to hear from you.
Flying high, like a bird, a engg. job is pioneering, captivating, circuitous. It’s your capability in which you can grow,this job works on this. If you are having the confidence, you can try this career as your life.
It does not matter from private or public,competitions are there in both.
23rd June 2010, 09:11 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

In case of both Govt and private sectors job prospect is nearly same.

Obviously there is the difference that Govt jobs are more secure than private jobs.
It also matters in case which field you are working in like automobile,powerplant,manufacturing,or refinery.

So in the end its your decision where you want to go.

Good luck!
24th June 2010, 03:33 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Hai
As your college has no campus recruitment you can approach the private companies and ask for an appointment if you want high salry. If you want a permanent job then approach govt. companies.
bye
29th August 2010, 07:38 PM
rajesh gupta 1

Dear friend;

As you have completed B.E in Mechanical Engg;

From Visveswariah Technological University Karnataka.

According to you college is not so renowned and does not

have any Campus Placements.For your kind information

your college have AICTE affiliation. So you try for government

as well as private companies.
30th August 2010, 01:52 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

there is a lot of the job for the mechanical engineers in the differenr private as well in the government.

so when ever the vaccancy for any company comes apply for them and prepare well.

and crck the exam,
30th August 2010, 06:45 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

As you are a Mechanical engineer, then you can go for both.. there are lots of private companies where you can apply for a job like,

1.Jindal

2.Tata motors

3.Jaipee group

etc..

there are lots of govt. companies also where you can apply for a job like,

1.NTPC

2.BHEL

3.railways

etc..

both are good, i will suggest you that if you get a job in any one of them then just go for that..

all the best..
31st August 2010, 03:19 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

i can say that you should join government sector due to following reasons...

1. job security

2.higher salary after the implementation of 6th pay commission's recommendations

4.work hour is fixed

5. more holidays

6. pension

etc.

best of luck.
31st August 2010, 06:13 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
since you have done your BE in Mechanical Department you have great opportunities in goverment as well as private companies.but i will suggest you to go for public sector since you have a great opportunities there.and your department is core type also.so please go for goverment jobs.
All The Best!!!!!
1st September 2010, 12:13 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you can join in the given below govt sectors

1.railways.

2.NTPC.

3.ONGC.

4.BHEL.

and you can join in the given below private companies

1.TCS.

2.CTS.

3.WIPRO.

4.Mahendra tech.

5.IBM.

6.Infosys.

7.patni computer.

8.HCL.

etc.

all the best.........

all the best.....
31st October 2010, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

government clerk is better than pvt sectore..stable life... 6th pay comsion zindabad
11th November 2010, 03:16 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Mechanical is a ever green branch you can go for either govt. or private sector.
In govt sector:ISRO, NTPC, HPCL, etc are available
In private sector: MNC like TATA motors, L&T, ADANI, Mahendra, GM, are available to try.
20th December 2010, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

go for a govt sector job. I came from pvt sector to gvt sector
30th December 2010, 07:20 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Government sector jobs vs Private sector jobs after B.E. in mechanical engineering?

Dear friend,

Government and Private jobs both are good. It depends upon you, which one you prefer.

Government jobs are secured having fixed salary which varies as per scale.
private jobs are un secured. Any time you can send out. But salary depends upon your performance.

At last I will say that Gov../ jobs are better then private jobs.
30th December 2010, 09:17 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Government sector jobs vs Private sector jobs after B.E. in mechanical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Singh View Post
good afternoon,
Sir/Madam
I am Intersted to Know What are the career prospects after it in government sector or mnc if you can guide me I will be Grateful to you
Dear friend,
You can sit for some offcampusing or walkin interview,otherwise you can continue higher study M.tech...
1st January 2011, 10:07 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Singh View Post
good afternoon,
Sir/Madam
1.airport authority of india.

2.railway.

3.JTO.

4.IOC.

5.IES.

6.Indian army.

7.PWD.

8.NTPC.

9.BHAIL.

10.BARC.
10th January 2011, 12:47 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hiii,,,

Mechanical engineering is one of the evergreen branch of engineering.

further it depends on your interest whether to join govt. or mnc,

if you want a settled job then go for govt. job

but if you want a dynamic life then choose mnc,also mnc provides you greater package on the basis of your potential.

Good luck
8th February 2011, 07:46 PM
diego
Banned

Dear friend,
A graduate degree is generally not sufficient for a progressive career in general esp. in private sector with a degree like B.Tech.(alone)you cant go much further either in terms of career or salaries..etc.you will have to go for higher studies MBA etc.
If you do not want to study any further you should try for government jobs.
As you mentioned PO ssc , DRDO,ISRO,state government jobs etc..
PWD,BHEL,NTPC are good in government sector there are internal exams also
which can help you grow further , you can take higher degrees through correspondence to become eligible for higher posts... while in private sector has no value for such courses.In government sector you will get better life well-timed jobs and social respect.
while in private sector you have no time limits, high work pressure, stiff compitition.
i hope i have made some convincing points.
wishes
diego.
17th June 2011, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/madam,
I am doin my b.e. Mechanical engineering in chennai. I have a great intrest in working in central govt public sectors..Do mechanical engineers have great scope in oil fields.?? If so suggest me some of the central govt public sectors and how to get into that. So that i could prepare myself and be ready by the time i finish my engineering. Will be grateful to you always. Thank you..
6th July 2011, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

govt sector is good if u r able to get into that
6th July 2011, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

RRB section engineer or BHEL engineer...Which is better for a mechanical engineer ?
15th July 2011, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

BHEL is FAR Better
1st August 2011, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my computer engg in 2011 and selected at Syntel through campus placement . Further I have cleared my SSB and got a call for army (rank Captain) for their short service comission women technical entry course ? I am confused - whether i should join army or go for private sector and work at syntel ?
20th August 2011, 07:14 PM
dhruv007

the government sector is good. mechanical engineering is the ever green fields of india and has boost in private as well as in governmental sector.however, what type of job,salary you recieved is entirely based on from which branch of mechanical engineering you belongs.

automobile, mechatronics,aerospace etc are good for private sector and
for gov. sector mechanical engineering in tools and instumentation power plant,aerospace etc are good.
all the best!
22nd August 2011, 08:51 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

very good for completing your b.tech in mechanical engineering now i will tell you the wide scope of the machenical engineering in government sector as well as private sector at present there large no. of vacancies in the BHEL,SAIL,GAIL.ECIL,ONGC all these are the central govt. jobs and also the vacancies for the mechanical is very much in all these companies.and also in coming day the jobs will be available in the
jindal steels,monnet,PETRONET,and many more jobs will be there for the machenical students if you have done your complete prepration then not worry in the month of oct large no. of vacancies are coming in the private sector.
ok
22nd August 2011, 08:54 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

you should also regularly open the website
www.fresherworld.com
www.recruitment4u.com
these website will cover almost all the private as well as govt. jobs you should create your account on the freshersworld and the naukri.com to get the more option for the better jobs ok all the best
24th August 2011, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

I have completed BE comp science with distinction and got placed in TCS in 2010 but didnt join because of my parent's advice which they want me to pursue civil service. So i took up civil service exam in 2010 but didnt clear. Now im in kinda confusion whether to continue studying for civil service or look for some private job?
I am interested in both civil service and programming.... now thats a bad combination!
please help....
7th September 2011, 02:56 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

dear govt jobs are more better then private jobs they provide
1.high salary
2.high facility
3.more security
4.provide home

AND also govt jobs for the ME is more then the other branches
31st October 2011, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Which to join indian army or bhel on gate base plz guide then i will start my preparation for that plz
31st October 2011, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Which to join indian army or bhel on gate base plz guide then i will start my preparation for that plz
22nd November 2011, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

dear friends,
i have done my b.tech from BPUT and my branch is mech engg.my college campus placement is not too good.so i am trying for offcampus.But it seems too hard to get any job with decent package.pl help me out moreover if u can advice me some of the courses which may boost my carrier.I will be thankful to u
22nd November 2011, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

what is the opportunitises for an automobile engineer in public sector ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?