5th March 2013, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? I am a student od diploma mechanical

sir,
i am student of diplama(mechanical engg.). how i join the merchant navy. please send the instruction , procedure for join the merchant navy & send the salary procedure. my email id is- [email protected]

31st October 2015, 11:47 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? I am a student od diploma mechanical

The candidate who wishes to join Merchant Navy has to appear for Merchant Navy entrance exam known as All India Merchant Navy Entrance Test (AIMNET) which is conducted by Bharat Shipping Limited usually in the month of November-December every year.

The eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy are as under:-

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 class or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.

-The age limit to apply is 16 years to 25 years.

-Candidates should be physically and Mentally strong, fit for sea-services under standard norms

-Only unmarried male and female candidate can apply for Merchant Navy.

The candidate height should not be less than 150 cm to become eligible for entry in Merchant Navy .

The weight should not be below than 42 kg and the chest should expand upto a minimum range of 5 cm.

The candidate should have vision of 6/6 (normal) in each eye separately and should not suffer from Color Blindness defect.

-The exam is conducted in different stages.These are;

*Written Exam.

*Physical Test

* Medical Test

*Personality Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?