6th March 2013, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer in India? What is the syllabus of UPSC examination and what are the requirements to become an IAS officer?

How to become an IAS officer in India? Give the syllabi of UPSC examination. what are the requirements to become an IAS officer?

Related Questions:
31st March 2013, 10:49 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer in India? What is the syllabus of UPSC examination and what are the requirements to become an IAS officer?

Graduation from a recognized University is the basic qualification required to become IAS Officer. Age of the applicant must be between 21 and 30 years. Relaxation in age is offered for reserved category candidates. General aptitude, general knowledge and general studies are asked for the test. Detailed exam syllabus can be collected from UPSC portal.
13th May 2013, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer in India? What is the syllabus of UPSC examination and what are the requirements to become an IAS officer?

i am in class 9 what are the things that i should do to become an i.a.s officer?
16th June 2013, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

whats qualification require for IAS
25th June 2013, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

IS THERE THE OPTIONAL SUBJECT CHEMICAL ENGINEERING FOR UPSC EXAM
25th June 2013, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

I'm 18 year old.i'm doing b.com in commerce and i want to become IAS officer.what can i do.
2nd July 2013, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

how many subjects are important to fulfill ias criteria ?
is there an option of taking a particular subject?
3rd July 2013, 12:01 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to become an IAS officer in India? Give the syllabi of UPSC examination. what are the requirements to become an IAS officer?

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service Examination .IAS is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year , organized by Civil Service Exam .

Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognized university are applicable for IAS Exam, the final year students also eligible for applying preliminary examination

The Candidate age should be in between 21 years to 30 years . Age Relaxation for OBC candidate is 3 years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

Attempt Limit:-

General Candidate can maximum 4 Times
OBC Candidate can Maximum 7 Times
SC/ST there is no attempt Limit

IAS exam is consist of 3 process - Preliminary Exam . Mains Exam and Personal Interview .

You cam choose One optional subject from below given list because this two papers are mainly conduct for written exam.There is a compulsory subject from civil service exam -

You can choose the mains subject from given below.Because if you are qualify in preliminary exam then you should have a chance to attend in mains exam .

I have listed some Books name , you should collect these books from market and prepare well for Civil Service Exam .

CSAT UPSC Civil Services Examination
Author: Nem Singh
Publisher: Made Easy Publications - New Delhi

UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2)
by
Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

CSAT Conceptual Approach (Paper - 2
by
P. N. Roy Chowdhury
Publisher: Pearsom

CSAT How To Tackle Civil Services Preliminary Examination: General Studies
Author: SAP
Publisher: Student Aid Publications

I have attached the syllabus for IAS exam , you should follow this syllabus very well .

For On-line application click on the link www.upsconline.nic.in , For more details of IAS exam , please Click on the link http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IAS EXAM.pdf(11.7 KB, 169 views)
5th July 2013, 08:51 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear IAS aspirant,

Being an IAS is not an easy process, you will have to work hard to be an IAS Officer.

For becoming IAS, you will have to appear for Civil Services Exam that is conducted by UPSC every year.

IAS Exam is one of the most prestigious exam in India.

Every year about lakhs of aspirants appear for this exam and about 910 candidates get success.

For appearing in Civil Services Exam, you must be in final year of Graduation or should have completed your Graduation Course.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years

For OBC: 21 to 33 years

For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

IAS Aspirants will have to pass three stages to crack this exam:

>> Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)

>> Mains Exam

>> Personal Interview

No. of Attempts for IAS Exam:

For General: 4

For OBC: 7

For SC/ST: No Restriction

Exam Pattern of Preliminary Exam is:

Exam Pattern of Mains Exam is:

And Optional Subjects that is to be chosen for Mains Exam are:

16th July 2013, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

can i appear ias examination, if i am a student of bechelor of arts final year?
12th October 2013, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

I am a mechanical Engineer but I complete my B-Tech after pass out becs i have a re-appears tell me can i appear the exam of IAS,IPS ?
13th December 2013, 03:11 AM
Unregistered

How to become an si in tamilnadu
4th February 2014, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

I am thirty five year old and I want to appear in ias exam .its possible that I will appear in ias exam.
26th February 2014, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

I am in grade 8 and I want to know the duties of an IAS officer like what does he does and his all duties on detail. I also want to know the classification or different types of an IAS officer.
15th May 2014, 04:16 AM
Unregistered

IAS exam ke from kab aur kaha bharne hote hai? Plz rply me.. I am town student..so i have no idea
18th June 2014, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

What preparation should i do from now so that i can be an ias?still i am in class 7. Plz tell me
24th August 2016, 08:21 AM
Unregistered

I am b. Com (IT) GRADUATE I WANT TO BECOME IAS OFFICER PLEASE TELL ME PROCEDURE AND SUGGEST ME BEST ACADEMY
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?