5th April 2011, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

What can I do to study Genetic Engineering in Nepal after passing SLC exam? Colleges providing such facilities?

I am a student in Nepal ; Just passed the SLC exam.What can i do to study Genetic engineering here in Nepal?Which colleges provide such facilities?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any college in Nepal for studyig genetic engineering after SLC?
  2. What should we study after +2 to study genetic engineering in future ?
  3. What is the qualification for genetic engineering after passing 12th exam? What are the colleges offeirng genetic engineering?
  4. Admission in genetic engineering college in India after passing PCB and Maths? What is the procedure for it?
  5. Which courses are offered for Genetic Engineering at UG level? Which colleges offer B.Tech in Genetic Engineering? Which NITs provide this course?
  6. Colleges offering genetic engineering after scoring 95%? What is the fee criteria?
  7. How to study genetic engineering after passing 10th? What subjects are required for genetic engineering
  8. List of colleges providing engineering in India with low fee structure for students of Nepal?
  9. How to do genetic engineering after completing BSc(Botany)?
  10. What is the scope of biotechnology and genetic engineering? What are the job opportunities?
  11. Solved paper of SLC Pune entrance exams?
  12. How to become a genetic engineer? Procedure to apply in colleges to do genetic engineering
  13. Can I join genetic engineering after taking BIPC in 12th? -- [New]
  14. How to join in genetic engineering branch after scoring 92% in aggregate? BEst colleges for genetic engineering in AP
  15. Which are the colleges offering genetic engineering in Maharashtra? Marks required to apply for genetic engineering? Which are the other competitive exams for genetic engineering?
  16. Genetic engineering B.Tech colleges in India
  17. Best colleges of genetic engineering in India after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Will I have to appear for Biology CET to get into Genetic Engineering?
28th August 2011, 01:18 AM
Mannu2525

Default Re: What can I do to study Genetic Engineering in Nepal after passing SLC exam? Colleges providing such facilities?

COLLEGES IN NEPAL THAT OFFERS GENETIC ENGG.

Dear,
First of all I would like to enlighten everyone. First question that arises in our my to see such question is what exactly a genetic engineering is?

What is Genetic Engineering : Genetic engineering is the alteration of genetic code by artificial means, and is therefore different from traditional selective breeding.

Dear there is no college in nepal that offers genetic engineering or biotechnology. If you are desperate to do genetic engineering then you can do it from india.

Few universities in india that offers genetic engineering are given below
• JNU, Delhi
• Delhi University - Delhi
• IPU - Delhi
• Osmania University - Hyderabad
• SRM University - Chennai

GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE
12th February 2013, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What can I do to study Genetic Engineering in Nepal after passing SLC exam? Colleges providing such facilities?

Respected sir,
Could you please tell me which of these universities has the best services and where will I be able to gain practical knowledge along with theoritical.
email: [email protected]
18th July 2013, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

it is possible to study information technology after slc?
28th October 2013, 07:57 AM
Unregistered

collage for genetic engineering in nepal
13th August 2015, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

Is there any scope of genetic engineering in nepal? & what are its scopes?
29th June 2016, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

which university in nepal provides the facility for genetic engineering in bachelor
3rd March 2017, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: What can I do to study Genetic Engineering in Nepal after passing SLC exam? Colleges providing such facilities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir,
Could you please tell me which of these universities has the best services and where will I be able to gain practical knowledge along with theoritical.
email: [email protected]
You can try studying Medical in KUSMS. I hear it is pretty good. My brother is currently studying there and is in his 4th year.
Email: [email protected]
8th December 2017, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

This is a pretty old thread but I would still like to comment on it for the sake of others who find this thread.

YOU CAN STUDY GENETIC ENGINEERING IN NEPAL!!

There are undergraduate (Bachelors) level biotechnology programs in Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu University, and Purbanchal University (also in their affiliated colleges).
For your Master's degree, there is an M.Sc in Biotechnology program which also teaches Genetic Engineering.

As for the scope of Biotechnology, it is an emerging field in Nepal and different industries and startups are being established. Plus you can always find work in positions ranging from lab technicians,
(Bachelors) to Associate Researcher (Masters) at Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST), Department of Plant Resources (DPR), and Nepal Agricultural Research Council (NARC), or any other private institutions. You can even startup your own biotech business.

As for the scope of genetic engineers in Nepal, I have to sadly state its impossibility as of right now. Nepal has signed the Cartagena Protocol, which forbids Nepal from manufacturing and dealing with Genetically Engineered (Modified) Organisms (GMOs). It can be done for research purposes, if all the necessary precautions are taken, but for commercialization purposes, the scope is not good. Abroad, there is a tremendous demand for Genetic Engineers but not in Nepal.

But that is not the end of the line. Biotechnology offers a lot of other interesting topics like Plant and Animal Tissue Culture, Biotechnological Diagnosis, Vaccine and Antibiotic Production, etc which has a great scope in Nepal.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?