5th May 2013, 02:07 AM
andfiz

Can I get into a good NIT? I belong to ST category and have scored 70 to 75 marks in JEE mains

hi ,,,
i belong to ST category
i am getting nearly 70-75 marks in jee mains..........
i am from chhattisgarh.......
can i get good NIT'S.....................
i want EEE or ECE branch..........
if not suggest me some colleges

1. Will I get admission in NIT or IIT if scored 147 marks in JEE Mains and expecting 135 marks in JEE Advance?
  2. Which NIT can I get after scoring 93 in JEE mains?
  3. Can I get a seat in NIT or IIIT after scoring 78 marks in JEE mains?
  4. How to get admission in NIT after scoring 64% marks in JEE mains?
  5. Admission in NIT, Suratkal for an OBC candidate who has scored 101 marks in JEE Mains and 98% in 12th? Is it necessary to appear in JEE Advanced?
  6. Procedure to get admission in NIT with JEE Mains score for OBC student? -- [New]
  7. Admission in NIT for OBC student who has scored 77 marks in JEE Mains and secured 91% in 12th?
  8. Will I get a seat in any NIT college after scoring 114 marks in JEE mains?
  9. Will I get admission in any NIT specially in NIT-Trichy if scored 171 marks except drawing in JEE Mains being a ST student?
  10. Can I take admission through counselling if secured 1474 rank in VITEEE instead of looking for good NIT if scored 238 marks in JEE Mains without Advance?
  11. Can I get admission in NIT, Patna if scored 110 marks in JEE Mains and secured 91% in 12th?
  12. Can I get any NIT or IIT after scoring 88 marks in JEE mains? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Eligibility to get admission in NIT for a BC-C category girl having 90 marks in JEE Mains?
  14. Can I get into top NIT college after scoring 186 marks in JEE mains?
  15. Can I get admission in NIT or IIIT engineering college? I have scored 55 marks in JEE mains
  16. Can I get NIT Raipur after scoring 53 marks in JEE mains?
  17. Can I get admission into NIT with 74 marks in JEE?
  18. Can I get admission in any NIT after scoring 112 marks in JEE mains?
5th May 2013, 09:53 AM
vkghanghas

Default Re: Can I get into a good NIT? I belong to ST category and have scored 70 to 75 marks in JEE mains

yes you can get admission in NIT as there is quota for you .
5th May 2013, 10:46 AM
ajjuravi

Default Re: Can I get into a good NIT? I belong to ST category and have scored 70 to 75 marks in JEE mains

Since, you are from ST Category, so 70-75 marks are enough for you to get a decent College of JEE Mains.

You may get NIT also, if cut off is low for ST Category.

Upcoming result of JEE Mains will be declared on 7 May 2013.

So, if you secure AIR under 1 lakh, then also you may get good college like NIT, IIIT, etc.

As you are from Chhatisgarh, so through Home State Quota, there are also many chances for you to get NIT Raipur.

You can view result on official site of JEE Mains i.e http://jeemain.nic.in

After getting good rank, you can select appropriate college through their Rankings.

5th May 2013, 11:51 PM
andfiz

Originally Posted by ssanjay sain View Post
yes you can get into NIT .
but which nit ....................
can i get good one............
i want EEE or ECE.... branch
can i get BIT MESRA
6th May 2013, 01:24 AM
andfiz

Originally Posted by ajjuravi View Post

Since, you are from ST Category, so 70-75 marks are enough for you to get a decent College of JEE Mains.

You may get NIT also, if cut off is low for ST Category.

Upcoming result of JEE Mains will be declared on 7 May 2013.

So, if you secure AIR under 1 lakh, then also you may get good college like NIT, IIIT, etc.

As you are from Chhatisgarh, so through Home State Quota, there are also many chances for you to get NIT Raipur.

You can view result on official site of JEE Mains i.e http://jeemain.nic.in

After getting good rank, you can select appropriate college through their Rankings.

According to you,,,,,,
which NIT could i get.....
if not then which college.
can i get BIT MESRA

Originally Posted by vkghanghas View Post
yes you can get admission in NIT as there is quota for you .
but which college i will get
i want EEE or ECE branch
6th May 2013, 05:01 AM
nis_exam

Hi friend,

>>>Let me inform you for ST category candidate there is reservation in most of the field

>>>So you will get admission into good college like NIT for engineering

>>>Last thing is that you have scored around 75 marks that is more than enough to get admission.

All the best for your future

Hope so your's dream come true

Thank You
6th May 2013, 06:33 PM
amit89itbhu

for NIT you need to appear for NIT and not IIT.
IIT would fetch you admission into IIT and few other colleges who are accepting IIT score.
Similarly NIT accept AIEEE. Few other college also accept AIEEE marks.
Being from ST, You have good chance to get into NIT and IIT.
Hope you wont let this opportunity to go waste.
Work hard and enjoy your life

7th May 2013, 05:54 PM

i belong to general category and i have scored only 89 in jee mains 2013...
but i want admission in a reputed and good college..
please help me in sorting out this problem...
8th May 2013, 09:22 AM

i scored 64 in jee mains, in general category, can i get nit
8th May 2013, 10:03 AM

I dont think i have scored enough in jee main to get admission in any NIT but got qualified for jee advanced .Do i have any chance of getting an NIT seat if i score well for jee advanced ?
8th May 2013, 12:42 PM

i Belong to ObC,and i got 122 in jee mains,is there a possibility of me getting in either NIT or IIIT>??
8th May 2013, 12:50 PM
sunriser

i scored 122 and i belong to OBC,is there any chance of me getting and admission in any NIT or IIIT?
9th May 2013, 01:30 PM

I have score 70marks in jeemains and i am obc should i get nit
10th May 2013, 09:34 AM

sir i got 51 in jee mains 2013 and i belong to OBC. if i obtain 75% in board (ASSAM HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION COUNCIL) ,is there any chance of getting admission in NITs?
10th May 2013, 07:48 PM

i scored 79 in jee main
i am in obc category .
can i get into any nit .....
pls tell me......
11th May 2013, 06:18 PM

I got 60 in jee mains...i have st quota .will i get civil E in nit agartala ?? i m from assam please reply
12th May 2013, 10:47 PM

i got 42 in jee main 2013 ST-category.can i get into a NIT ?
14th May 2013, 10:25 AM

Can i get admission in nit ?i have scored 21 in jee n i belong to st catagory
28th May 2013, 09:57 PM

Can I get admission in any NIT with 112 marks in JEE Main (in general) and 97% marks in class 12 CBSE board exams?
29th May 2013, 12:31 AM

can i get admission in nit after scoring 60 marks in mains and 84% in cbse 12
29th May 2013, 02:03 PM

sir I have scored 77 in jee mains and 70 % in cbse can i get admission in any of the nit allover India? waiting for your generous reply..
3rd June 2013, 09:34 AM

can i get nit allahabad(c.s) with 85 marks in jee main and 80% cbse boards?
if not then suggest me nits where i can get it.
10 for answer.. ;p
3rd June 2013, 11:21 PM

i belong to st category i hav got 63marks in jee main and 76%in boards will i get in nit
4th June 2013, 01:20 PM

can i get any good nit after scoring 91 in jee mains and belongs to obc..
10th June 2013, 07:50 PM

I scored 89 in jee mains and 70% in board and i belong to SC category, can i get NIT
16th June 2013, 08:16 AM

Can i get in to good nit i belong to obc category and have score of 102 marks in jee mains and in board exam class 12 i scored 86% in mp board
18th June 2013, 09:59 AM

my marks in jee main is 51 and belong to sc..i passed my 12th with 67.6% from ICSE board..can i get any nit or iiit..plz tell me
19th June 2013, 02:16 AM

sir, i got 71 marks in jee mains and 80% in cbse board is there any possibility of getting nit colleges if i belong to sc category
19th June 2013, 02:59 PM
amisum8

sir i am sc candidate..scored 157 in jee main and 60 in board (wb).do i get any nit?
20th June 2013, 03:05 AM
amit89itbhu

With 51 marks, you wont be able to get into any IIT. Not even in preparatory course.
Though you have good chance in NIT as you have category.

With 102 marks you wont be able to get any IIT but NIT is within the reach as you have OBC. However, you may not get the best NIT.

20th June 2013, 03:12 AM
amit89itbhu

at 157, you may get IIT.
However, may be you wont be able to get branch of your choice but surely you will get IIT.

If you have decided your branch and if you are not able to get it in IIT, then you can target top NIT which is very much within your reach

20th June 2013, 03:14 AM
amit89itbhu

Thumbs up Re: Can I get into a good NIT? I belong to ST category and have scored 70 to 75 marks in JEE mains

at 157, you may get IIT.
However, may be you wont be able to get branch of your choice but surely you will get IIT.

If you have decided your branch and if you are not able to get it in IIT, then you can target top NIT which is very much within your reach

23rd June 2013, 10:44 AM

I belong from st category , in jee mains i got 51 marks and in 12th i got 60 percent in cbse board can i get any of the nit........
23rd June 2013, 12:43 PM

hai sir i have got 70marks in jee mains iwas belongs to sc category iam form andhra pradesh can i get mechanical branch in nits in my state
24th June 2013, 11:59 AM

can i get a good nit?i have belong to st category and 56 marks
24th June 2013, 01:11 PM

I got 98 marks in jee mains

93% in cbse 12 th.

belongs s.c category..

which college i can get
26th June 2013, 12:28 PM
amit89itbhu

Though your marks are very low, but you do have slim chance of getting into NIT as you have category.
Generally marks required by ST candidates is 60% of general candidate ( approximation)
Assuming general candidates are able to get in at 180 marks.
You may get NIT. However, you will have to struggle to get top NIT.

29th June 2013, 11:28 AM

I have scored 107 in jee mains and 85.8% in cbse boards this year, which nit college can i get for ECE or ECT?
30th June 2013, 02:29 PM
amit89itbhu

Thumbs up Re: Can I get into a good NIT? I belong to ST category and have scored 70 to 75 marks in JEE mains

I have scored 107 in jee mains and 85.8% in cbse boards this year, which nit college can i get for ECE or ECT?
HI

You have not mentioned your category.

107 is bit low for NIT.

following is the cutoff list for various category.

Cut of for jee mains
JEE Main 2013 Cutoff for Registration to JEE (Advanced) 2013 Categorywise:

Category Cut-off Score

Common Merit List (CML) 113

Other Backward Class (OBC - NCL) 70

Scheduled Caste (SC) 50

Scheduled Tribe (ST) 45

If you belong to general category, then its very difficult for you to get into NIT.
However, you belong to any other category, then you have very good chance of getting NIT.

1st July 2013, 12:06 PM

sir can i get nit or good goverment college with genral category in uttarakhand after scoring 88 marks in jee mains and 81.8% marks in 12th U.A.board? please sir/madam reply soon as possible. By: vaibhav p
5th July 2013, 01:27 AM

Sir i got 86 marks in b.arch.which college i would get.private or goverment college.i am from sc.
6th July 2013, 09:28 PM

i got 129 marks in jee mains and all india category ranking 5126 (sc).which nit and which branch can i get.my permanent address is in up and i completed my 2 in andhra pradesh(rank 833).
please reply as soon as possible.
7th July 2013, 02:49 PM

i have got state rank 70 and i m st category i belong to odisha will i get admission nit rourkela
7th July 2013, 03:00 PM
ankita daash

can i get into nit i have got rank 70 in category in state quota i belong to odisha will i get admission in nit rourkela
7th July 2013, 03:32 PM

MY AIEEE RANK IS 218511 AND IN SC 9986 CAN I GET NIT???
7th July 2013, 04:10 PM

I scored 75 in JEE main and i belong to SC category.
which Nit & which branch I can get? pls guide me...
16th July 2013, 07:01 PM

Hi, beware of scammers. Few seats
vacant in govt. medical
colleges in Bihar and all over India for
direct admission in NIT or BIT through
quota. plz
contact at ' sandip.kumar205
rediffmail.com' for further
detail n admission assistance.
4th August 2013, 08:40 PM

sir i left engineering in 2nd year due to financial problem and my marks in first year was 42% wth 3 back log in unipune now i want to study in goverment college can i give 2014 iit jee
5th August 2013, 10:37 AM
adityamm1990

Originally Posted by andfiz View Post
hi ,,,
i belong to ST category
i am getting nearly 70-75 marks in jee mains..........
i am from chhattisgarh.......
can i get good NIT'S.....................
i want EEE or ECE branch..........
if not suggest me some colleges
YES ..you get easily as you have SC category...
you get in
1.NIT TRICHY
2.NIT WARRANGAL
3.NIT CALICUT
3.NIT RORKEE
6th August 2013, 02:02 AM
amit89itbhu

Surely you will get the NIT but you may have problem getting the top NIT.
you may get top NIT for other branches but as EEE or ECE branch is always the first priority of many, you may face difficulty in getting it in top NIT.