8th April 2011, 08:23 PM

What stream should I opt for my Ph.D course? I have done ME in power system(EEE)

I have done m.e from bhilai in power systems(eee). i am applying for phd.my question is which branch is the best for phd in electrical
please reply soon..

29th May 2015, 04:57 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: What stream should I opt for my Ph.D course? I have done ME in power system(EEE)

The stream of PhD. is always similar to the stream of M.Sc. or in your case M.E. So you cannot do much about it. So since you have done M.E. in power systems, you have got no other option than to approach PhD. in electric power engineering. But electric power engineering is a huge domain. You cannot specialize in every nits and grits of this subject. You have to choose a small section of your master degree. You must be wise enough to choose that arena which you liked the most and were comfortable in the most. One hint I will give you here. Choose the subject domain that you gave seminars on in your master degree. Even better will be the topic that you did your project on. Since you have already done a dissertation in your master degree you are already ahead a few paces. Now you need to find a research guide who is interested in the subject area of yours and is very interested in the dissertation topic of yours. Once you are able to identify such a person then you have to just enroll under him and be his student for 7-8 years and work on further developments of the topic that you have chosen.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?