10th May 2013, 04:04 PM
sempon

Can I study MBBS after B.E? I am 19 years old

sir, i'm 19 and i'm now studying BE mechanical enggineering but i have a damm passion about MBBS but i'm not realizeing this on my sghooling so i'm take a computer science group but in my 10th i have biology can i study mbbs after my BE ..

8th May 2014, 07:44 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I study MBBS after B.E? I am 19 years old

You can join MBBS provided you meet the specific requirements. You can take admission into MBBS after completing B.Sc in botany zoology chemistry and physics . You must complete B.Sc with biology subjects as specialization also. You should have completed class 12th with biology, physics and chemistry subjects.
25th September 2015, 10:25 PM
sukhpal0015

Hello,
You have not cleared here that have u done 12th standard with biology as a subject or not. It does not matter that if you have done MBBS. The thing which matter most is that your age should be between 17and 26. Secondly you need to be have biology as a subject in 12th standard. If you fulfill on both these conditions then only you can apply for mbbs
26th September 2015, 09:54 PM
ant man

Sorry to tell you that you cannot do MBBS course after completing B.E.

Only the candidates who have completed 12th PCB course are eligible for MBBS course.
Even B.Sc medical stream candidates can apply for MBBS course.

If you are interested in the medical courses, you can apply for M.Tech in Bio-medical engineering.

After passing the GATE exam you can take the course. Other wise you can write the PGCET exam based on engineering conducted by various universities.
27th September 2015, 01:16 AM
RRAL

MBBS is a medical course.The basic eligibility criteria for this course is to have a successfully +2 course from a recognised board with good percentile. The student who wish to appear in this course must have the Biology as major/minor subject during their +1 as well as +2.Also the age of student must be in between 17 years to 25 years to be eligible for this ecamy.

As you are telling that you have completed your B.E. so I don't think so you were Bio-science group. If you have biology as a major or minor subject during your +1 and +2 then only you will be eligible to do the MBBS course.
27th September 2015, 02:22 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

No.You are not eligible to apply for MBBS as per Qualification criteria of MBBS.Now you are studying in Mechanical Engineering.now you should continue your study in mechanical engineering.Mechanical Engineering also have a good scope.

Eligibility For MBBS
- You must have passed (10+2) with Physics , Chemistry , Biology from recognized university.
27th September 2015, 06:52 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

MBBS and B.E. are two different field courses.

MBBS is purely related to Medical Field while B.E. pertains to Engineering Course.

Also, you cant apply for MBBS Course if you had not opted for Biology subject in 10+2.

Because, there are many concepts in Biology of 10+2 that build up candidate to bear the study of MBBS.

As you had said that, you had opted for Biology in 10 but you have not mentioned about your Intermediate.

So, you could be eligible for MBBS only if you have Biology in 10+2.

For getting admission in MBBS Course, you can apply for Medical Entrance exams conducted nationwide like:

• ALL INDIA PRE-MEDICAL TEST (AIPMT)
  • BHU ALL INDIA PMT
  • CMC-VELLORE
  • DELHI UNIVERSITY MEDICAL/DENTAL ENTRANCE TEST (DUMET)
  • JAWAHARLAL INSTITUTE OF POST GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH (JIPMER)
  • MANIPAL UGET KARNATKA
  • ARMED FORCES MEDICAL COLLEGE (AFMC ENTRANCE)
  • ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES (AIIMS MBBS)
  • AIPGMEE - ALL INDIA POST GRADUATE MEDICAL/DENTAL ENTRANCE EXAM

Some of the books for preparation for Medical Entrance exams are:

• Crack CBSE AIPMT/ NEET Medical Entrance 2014 (set of 3 books - PCB) (Must for AIIMS/AFMC/JIPMER) (English) 2nd Edition (Paperback) by Disha Experts
  • Objective Biology for NEET, AIIMS & Other Medical Exams (Set of 3 Vols) (Free with this Book : Supplement of State PMT Exams, Booklet Containing Papers from 2004 to 2013 Examinations) (English) (Paperback) by Bhatia, K.N.|Author; Bhatia, K.
  • Objective Chemistry for NEET / AIIMS / JEE (Mains) / JEE (Advanced) / Other Medical & Engineering Competitive Exams (Set of 3 Volumes) (English) 1st Edition (Paperback) by P. N. Kapil
  • Fundamentals of Physics : A Must-Have Resource Book CBSE JEE and NEET-UG Syllabi (Class - 11) (English) (Paperback) by Halliday, Resnick, Walker
  • Study Package in Biology (Set of 6 Books) : For NEET and AIIMS (English) (Paperback) by Disha Experts
1st November 2017, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Myself Sangeetha n am currently doing computer science engineering 2 yr... As my interest is in biology field I need some streams where I can apply my computer knowledge in biology also could pay well...is there any possible to do my post graduation related to bio field
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?