10th April 2011, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

Can Arts student become Psychiatrist? How can I appear for IAS exam?

Hello,i am 12th arts student i have opted for subjects like english,hindi,french,psychology,economics and evs..i have an great interest to study psychology n be a psychiatrist but while removing inf.abt same i came to know arts student can be psychologist and not psychiatrist...plz help me and let me know about it
my other question is about IAS while surfing on net i came to know even arts student can be IAS by doing traditional BA ,.pls tell meHow can I appear for IAS exam?

29th May 2011, 07:56 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can Arts student become Psychiatrist? How can I appear for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,i am 12th arts student i have opted for subjects like english,hindi,french,psychology,economics and evs..i have an great interest to study psychology n be a psychiatrist but while removing inf.abt same i came to know arts student can be psychologist and not psychiatrist...plz help me and let me know about it
my other question is about IAS while surfing on net i came to know even arts student can be IAS by doing traditional BA ,.pls tell meHow can I appear for IAS exam?
The Information what you have got is absolutely correct Psychology and psychiatrist is not same.

Psychology is just the art of assessing the person's mentality and its nature whereas psychiatry is the study and art of treating a mentally disturbed person. This psychiatry can bring truths of one's own life and can understand the importance of life with this art and science.

Psychiatry course is a very long process after completing medicine though. you have to study for atleast 8 years after your bachelors to become a professional in psychiatry.

I think you are not eligible for this course as your's is non medical background till now.

Coming to IAS yes you are eligible to write civils service examination.
and become IAS officer.

The basic eligibility criteria required for this exam is you have to be 21 years of age

You should complete your degree from a recognized university of India.

its very simple first complete your graduation and apply for IAS entrance exam i.e., Civil service examination conducted by UPSC delhi every year.

Follow the examination pattern and if you succeed in clearing the examination you'll get placed in your desired cadre i.e., IAS is regarded as the best civil service of India.

hope you will be one among the top brains selected by UPSC.

Regards

~A~
29th May 2011, 08:33 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can Arts student become Psychiatrist? How can I appear for IAS exam?

Hello,
Yeah, its true to pursue psychiatry candidate must have from biology background, arts stream doesn't satisfy the basic knowlede for psychiatry.you can continue with psychology.
The eligibility criteria to appear in UPSC exam-
*Applicant should be graduate from affiliated university with min. Aggregate 55%, or equivalent in any stream.
*Age limit-21-30yr on 1st july of exam year.
There is age and percentage (graduation), relaxation for reserved category.for more information you can visit-www.upsc.gov.in
ok, best of luck.
29th May 2011, 09:10 PM
raghu70

Default Re: Can Arts student become Psychiatrist? How can I appear for IAS exam?

Which type of Load is BULB/LAMP ie R,L,C? reason
29th May 2011, 09:13 PM
raghu70

difference between wimax and wifi technology
29th May 2011, 09:15 PM
raghu70

Why the single phase A.C motor taking more current than 3 phase A.C motor?
29th May 2011, 09:17 PM
raghu70

What is DNS server and resolver
29th May 2011, 09:18 PM
raghu70

what is the difference b/w cascading bts's and making bts master and slave?
29th May 2011, 09:50 PM
vikul

Thumbs up Re: Can Arts student become Psychiatrist? How can I appear for IAS exam?

hey friend since you have not opted biology thats why you can not become a psychiatrist so dont worry there are vast fields where you can apply .............one of them is administrative service for which u have asked ...............you can give the ias exam held by upsc mentioned in the under given link

www.upsc.gov.in/

good luck
29th May 2011, 10:26 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi,
yes , you are eligible for IAS exam.
eligibility criteria for this ::----
minimum 21 years
graduation of any stream.

So you go to a good coaching center
there you prepare your self for IAS exam.
because IAS is not a ordinary exam, for get IAS you have laboureous so much....
29th May 2011, 11:01 PM
alokjash

Smile Re: Can Arts student become Psychiatrist? How can I appear for IAS exam?

yes an arts student can become a psychologist by doing BA Psychology hons. And yes you would be eligible for IAS exam as graduation is the only degree they want. You can opt for various subjects in which you have studied in your graduation level
29th May 2011, 11:22 PM
pooja bhartii

well, an arts student can become psychologist by opting for BA psychology at graduation level. There are various universities which offer this course. you can become an IAS when you finished with your graduation. Also, you can opt for that sunject in which you studied at BA level.
29th May 2011, 11:24 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

you can study psychology and may become psychologist. arts students are eligible for psychology study. but you can not become psychiatrist. psychologist and psychiatrist is different. Psychology is generally arts related subject which is used to know about human psychology. but psychiatrist deals with medical science. it is a part of medical science. so arts students can not become psychiatrist.

now if you want to become psychologist then you may go for psychology study depending on your interest.

for IAS you have to appear in civil service examination. yes arts students are eligible for Civil service examination. any graduate candidate from a recognized university are eligible for civil service examination. your age must be in between 21 to 30 to appear in civil service examination. here i am attaching the notification for civil service examination 2011. go through the attachment for more details. civil service examination is conducted bu UPSC. visit UPSC website http://www.upsc.gov.in

best wishes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 96 views)
30th May 2011, 12:20 AM
foreturner
Senior Member+

your information is correct

you can not become psychiatrist, for that you need to be a bio student

and join mbbs only then you can specialize in psychiatry,

psychology is more a fine arts kind of subject ... you may find it useful if you

go on to join some company and work in HR deptt. etc
30th May 2011, 02:14 AM
babydoll

Hi!
Psychiatrist belongs to medical science branch so as you are from arts stream then you can't go for it.
For appearing into the IAS exam you just need to be graduate and your age should be from 21 to 30 years.
If you will fulfill the criteria then you can apply for IAS.
As IAS exam will be conducted by the UPSC so you can get all the details about the IAS from the official website of the UPSC as:
www.upsc.gov.in
31st May 2011, 12:04 AM
pradeepdeshwal3626

Quote:
friend,

how to appear for IAS:

yes you are eligible to write civils service examination.

The basic eligibility criteria required for this exam is you have to be 21 years of age

its very simple first complete your graduation and apply for IAS entrance exam i.e., Civil service examination conducted by UPSC delhi every year.

if you succeed in clearing the examination you'll get placed in your desired cadre i.e., IAS is regarded as the best civil service of India.

for information about IAS check the link
www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.
12th June 2011, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

what is IAS plz tell me
20th June 2011, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

hi,is being a psychologist useful in anyway?
21st July 2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

my name is indra i completd ba with arts am i eligible for IAS
7th November 2011, 08:35 AM
rudramishra

its very simple first complete your graduation and apply for IAS entrance exam
15th March 2012, 03:44 PM
kaveribiswas

Psychology and psychiatrist is not same.

Psychology is just the art of assessing the person's mentality and its nature whereas psychiatry is the study and art of treating a mentally disturbed person. This psychiatry can bring truths of one's own life and can understand the importance of life with this art and science.

Psychiatry course is a very long process after completing medicine though. you have to study for atleast 8 years after your bachelors to become a professional in psychiatry.

I think you are not eligible for this course as your's is non medical background till now.

and become IAS officer.

Good luck.............
15th March 2012, 03:45 PM
kaveribiswas

Psychology and psychiatrist is not same.

and become IAS officer.

Good luck.............
16th June 2012, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

i hav taken biology maths physics chemistry english and marathi. can i still opt for BA PSYCOLOGY
PLS TELL ME . I am very confused
30th January 2013, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

im in 11th std sci-IT now.., please help me..!! how do i become psychiatrist??plz tell me all things i need to follow if i want to pursue a degree in psychiatry plz pl plz help me....????
26th February 2013, 10:14 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes you can opt for the Psychiatrist and for it you need to do an course and moreover for the IAS the eligiblity is :

*You hold graduation degree from recognized univrsity
* Age limit :
1.for general 21-30 yrs
2.for obc 21-33 yrs
3.for sc/st 21-35 yrs

And you can apply for it online at www.upsconline.nic.in after the notification is issued.

for more details you can visit www.upsc.gov.in
3rd March 2013, 07:02 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
All About IAS Exam:-

Full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services. IAS, IFS and IPS are the three civil services which are conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. To give this exam following eligibility criteria needs to be satisfied:

Nationality:- You must be a citizen of India.

Educational Qualification:- To give this exam you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a university recognized by the University Grants Commission.

If you are a final year student then also you can apply for this exam.

Age Limit:- To sit for this exam your age should not be less than 21 years. The upper age limit for general category candidate is 30 years.

Age Relaxation:- There is age relaxation for the reserved category candidates. The upper age limit for SC/ST candidates is 35 years and for OBC candidates the upper age limit is 33 years.

Examination Pattern:-

The total time limit for this exam is two hours. There will be two papers to solve. One is of general studies and second one is the optional paper. Questin paper is set in english and hindi.

In IAS Main Exam Paper I is Indian Language, Paper II is English, Paper III is Essay, Paper IV is General Studies and Paper V-XI is optional. For each paper you need to choose two subjects from the list of the optional subjects which will be given to you.

Exam Pattern At A Glance:-

Hope this helps
3rd September 2013, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

I hv cmpltd my 12th grade with biology,physics,maths,chemistry,english n hindi!!!now m a ba english 1st year student....can i still become a psychatrist?
15th September 2013, 06:04 PM
A.prashanth yadav

DEAR FRIEND

Since you completed 12th with arts, it would be natural that you pursue Bachelor of Arts which is 3 years long graduation course. After completing BA you will be able to apply for the Indian Administrative Service.

However this is not required that you pursue BA, you can go after any other graduation course and yet apply for the Indian Administrative Service. So please apply for a bachelor course of your choice.

After completing graduation, just apply for the Civil Service Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The forms are released in the months of November or December after which you will called to appear for the entrance exam.

Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin to apply.

2. A bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university.

3. There is no percentage requirement for IAS.

Age Limit

1. General - 21 to 30 years.

2. OBC - 21 to 33 years.

3. SC/ST - 21 to 35 years.

Exam Pattern

1. Preliminary Exams

2. Main Exams

3. Interview

Number of Attempts

1. General - Four

2. OBC - Seven

3. SC/ST - No limit

all the best...................
12th April 2014, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

I'am in 10'th.my ambition is to become a psychiatrist so which group I want to choose???
22nd July 2014, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

SSir i m student in 12th class.nd y ques is m studing in arts stream nd i became a psyclogists can it possible to b.sc inmedical psych ology. Rinki gupta in ghaziabad
25th October 2014, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

i am student of 12th biology.i want to be apsychiatrist.but i dont want to do mbbs.there is any other way for psychiatrist.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?