27th May 2013, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

What should I do for banking job after passing 12th class?

now i am studying in 12th class from commerce steam. i interested in banking job but i don't know that what should i do for banking job after 12th class?
so please tell me what should i do after 12th

10th September 2013, 05:04 PM
nishi513

Default Re: What should I do for banking job after passing 12th class?

HI FRIEND
## The minimum educational qualification required to apply for SBI CLERK POST is 12th/diploma pass with atleast 60% of marks & for SBI PO, IBPS CLERK and PO, RBI OFFICER and ASSISTANT POSTS is graduation in any discipline from recognised institution/university and there is no marks percentage critiria
## If you have 60% of marks in 12th, then you can apply for SBI CLERK POST & by completing graduation, you can apply for all bank exams
## Age limit to apply for BANK CLERK exams is 18-28 years and for BANK PO exams is 21-30 years & the age relaxations are
~>3 years for OBC candidates
~>5 years for SC/ST candidates
~>10 years for PH candidates
## The selection process of BANK CLERK & PO exams is
~>Written test
~>Personal interview
and there is negative marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer
## For further details visit www.sbi.co.in and www.ibps.in

** ALL THE BEST **
10th September 2013, 08:50 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

For banking exams you should do graduation after finishing 12th standard. Graduation is the minimum requirement for the banking exams especially by the Institute of Banking Personnel Services.

IBPS conducts the banking exams for 20 Public Sector Banks. But to appear for the exams like IBPS Clerical and IBPS Bank PO, you should have graduation degree. Therefore I will recommend you to pursue graduation.

Course could be any of your choice. Once you have finished graduation, you can apply for the Clerical or Bank PO job depending on the marks obtained in graduation. In case you are eligible for both the exams, I will recommend to go with Bank PO.

IBPS Clerical/Bank PO Eligibility

1. Required qualification is graduation degree.

2. With 60 percent marks for Bank PO.

3. The requirement is 55 percent for SC/ST.

4. No relaxation for OBC.

5. Diploma/degree in Computers is required.

6. Or you can have Computer Science/IT subject in high school or college.

7. A certificate in Computer operations is also accepted.

8. Age limit is same for both exam - 20 to 28 years.

9. Relaxation is 3 years for OBC.

10. 5 years for SC/ST and 10 years for PWD.

If you want better jobs in banking sector, especially private sector then after completing graduation you should go for Master of Business Administration. You will have to complete MBA is either Banking or Finance.

There are several entrance exams for MBA but most popular is the Common Admission Test. You can appear for it if completed graduation with 50 percent marks. SC/ST can appear if scored 45 percent marks in graduation.

Please remember that Indian Institutes of Management offer admission for the MBA courses through Common Admission Test.

If could not score sufficient marks to appear for CAT, then consider Management Aptitude Test.
10th September 2013, 10:25 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After 12th standard, you are only eligible for Clerical job in bank for which you have to crack its exam conducted by State Bank of India(SBI).

The eligible candidate being an Indian National having completed 12th standard in any stream with 60% marks from a recognised Board within the age of 18 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good command over computer operation, can apply for SBI, Clerical Exam.

The selection is through written Exam followed by Personal Interview.

For application form and other further information you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com
11th September 2013, 12:07 AM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

The candidates passing 12th are not eligible for a job in banking field.

Now days even for the post of clerical cadre the candidate needs to complete graduation.

So I suggest you to complete gradation from a recognized university and then apply for the posts.

In between you can go for coaching and then after completing graduation can apply for the posts.

Thank You,

All the Best.
11th September 2013, 02:18 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Its nice to see that you are interested in banking jobs after completion of your Higher Secondary Education.

As you are currently in std. 12th with Commerce stream , one thing i would like to clear you that you are not going to get any banking job after passing 12th.

This is because in order to get any banking job , you have to appear for the Banking exams and for which the minimum educational qualification required is Graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

In Banks , You can get job mainly for two posts through exams :

1) Bank Clerk

2) Bank PO

The Banking Exams for the above mentioned posts are conducted every year mainly by the following :

** State Bank Of India

** Institute Of Banking Personnel Selection

The Eligibility Criteria Required for Banking Exams are :

>> The candidate must have completed Graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

>> The candidate does not need any specific % of marks in graduation to become eligible.

>> The candidate should not have any pending backlog.

>> The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.

>> Age Limit :

1) For SBI Banking Exams :

a) for General Candidates : 21-30 years

b) For OBC Candidates : 21-33 years

c) For SC/ST Candidates : 21-35 years

2) For IBPS Banking Exams :

a) For General Candidates : 20-28 years

b) For OBC Candidates : 20-31 years

c) For SC/ST Candidates : 20-33 years

So , it will be better for you to focus on your study right now and try to complete graduation first so that after this you can easily apply for the above mentioned exams.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
12th September 2013, 11:51 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

Its nice that you are interested in bank jobs. Banking Exams in India are conducted by :

SBI &

IBPS.

They conducts examination every year mainly for recruiting candidates on the post of P.O. and Clerk.And according to your question I would like to tell you that you are not eligible for banking jobs conducted by SBI & IBPS after passing 12th.

The cause of your ineligibility is:

* Candidates with at least Graduation in any stream from a recognized college/university are eligible to apply for these examinations.

The eligibility criteria you need to fulfill are:

* Qualify Graduation with at least minimum passing marks (45%) in any stream from recognized college / university.

* Citizenship- Indian

a) Age limit for SBI Examinations :

General Candidates - 21-30 years

OBC Candidates have been granted 3 years relaxation in upper age where as SC/ST have been granted 5 years in upper age.

b) Age limit for IBPS examinations :

General Candidates - 20-28 years

OBC Candidates - 20-31 years

SC/ST Candidates - 20-33 years

Thanks.
22nd September 2013, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

I think that we should do graduation after passing 12 th class then we should pass entrance examination of banks
for getting bank's job.
23rd September 2013, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

I am doing B.Sc. non-medical ist year. I want to become D.C. or S.D.M. what I should do after graduation?
3rd October 2013, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

I am a bioscience student of 2 but I interested ti do graduation to get better job in bank field
17th October 2013, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

I want to know that can I do banking job after passing 2 class in SBI bank or any other bank.
17th February 2014, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

I am completed diploma in mechanical engineering and b tech continue what should I do for banking job.
17th March 2014, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

i have passed class 12 in 2013 and now i am pursuing from b.com 1 yr &i want to do job in a bank .so i want to ask what are the requirement of doing a bank job?
6th August 2014, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir i have completed my 12th with pcm and i wanna go in banking sector for bank manager post so sir plz tell me what should i do???and sir my id [email protected]
6th August 2014, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir i have completed my 12th with pcm and i wanna go in banking sector for bank manager post so sir plz tell me what should i do???
2nd September 2014, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

hii ...
I just passed my 12th class examination.. and I am interested in bank stuty and I want to do job in bank . soo when I should start it. ??? my age is just 19 years old...
11th October 2014, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

I have pass 12std in banking side from mcvc pass out 2005yrs. Now I want my banking feild job.Then what I do.?
8th April 2015, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi ...i have complete my 12 wid commerce and now i m pursuing from bcom 1 year and i wnt to do job in a bank so i want to ask wht are the requirement for doing bank job ? My email id [email protected]
14th May 2015, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

I have compelete my 12 from commerce stream so plz tell me which course i can do for banking ?
2nd January 2016, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

how I become bank manager from science side .and what are the requirements of po (related to qualification )
3rd January 2016, 07:21 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: What should I do for banking job after passing 12th class?

In order to get in to the Banking career you must complete at least Graduation or bachelor degree in any of the discipline of study and then appear for the Banking jobs,now at least degree is required in order to get in to the banking career.

After passing 12th you apply for the Graduation course of study in any of the discipline in which you have interest.Then appear for IBPS for getting in to the banking sector of government jobs and appear for the private banks through the separate banks such as in order to appear for the ICICI bank appear for the ICICI bank itself which conducts the selection process.

SBI also conducts the examination for the clerical and PO's separately without involving in the IBPS examination,so apply for any of the banking sector jobs after graduation or bachelor degree courses.

Major requirements for Banking jobs are
  1. Should have attained minimum of 21 years and not exceed 30 years
  2. should have completed graduation or bachelor degree in any of the discipline of study in order to appear for the Banking jobs.

These are the major requirements in order to appear for the banking sector jobs.
7th January 2016, 03:12 PM
ranu shahi

Eligibility criteria for banking jobs are as under:-

Candidates must be a holder of graduation degree with a recognized university in any discipline.

Candidate age must be at least 21 years and not more than 30 years.

Therefore, you should first of all complete your graduation degree. Bank exams are conducted by SBI and IBPS every year.
20th May 2016, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

My intest is in painting and scratching what should i do for getting job in such type of field
27th May 2016, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

I completed 12th in commerce group I need job in banks what should I do for that? Is there any coaching class for bank exam?
25th February 2017, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Hello my 12th examination is just finished. My subjects are political science, history, psychology, nrb Hindi and English. But I want to be a bank po. So please tell me what I will i I get this job.
3rd April 2017, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Hai I'm yamini.. I had finished my high school at last month .. now I'm searching course which is related to bank job in future .. shall i took b.com(Bank Mangement) or suggest me any other course which is useful for me to apply bank job at future ... Thank you
3rd April 2017, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Hai I'm yamini.. I had finished my high school at last month .. now I'm searching course which is related to bank job in future .. shall i took b.com(Bank Management) or suggest me any other course which is useful for me to apply bank job at future ... Thank you
3rd May 2017, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

I am a 12th std vocational commerce student and I have taken banking as my main subject , further I want to take Banking as my career what courses should I opt for , to get a better job..!!
28th May 2017, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

Hi now I passed 12 with 56% but I want job in bank can I prepare for it please immediate give me answer because I m very confused
14th June 2017, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

I passed 10 with 83% and 12 with 74%. I want to get job in bank what study will I do to get job bank after 12th.
17th June 2017, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir; I have completed my 12 from science stream with 85% ....which course should I do to get a good job in bank.
Please, reply I am very much confused.
2nd July 2017, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

What should I do for banking job after passing 12th class in maths or maths biology group?
18th July 2017, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

What degree required after passing 12 and getting degree of graduation with biology for banking ?
15th April 2018, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,I have completed 12th standard in com.science group i wish to do bsc ct for my degree can i go bank exam coaching instendly......??Thank you.
2nd March 2019, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

I have passed hsc with sp i want to do my career in bank sector what i should do bcom? Bba? Or something another
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?