13th June 2013, 12:44 AM
KUSHAGR TRIVEDI

How to do B.Tech Mechanical after completing diploma Mechanical?

Respected Sir,
I have completed my Diploma Mechanical.now I want to do B.Tech (Mechanical) from AICTE approve college so please give me the information about the colleges Or the best University.

Related Questions:
  1. After completing diploma in plastic technical will I be able to do B.Tech in Mechanical engineering
  2. Can I do B.Tech from AMIE after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  3. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  4. How to do B.Tech Mechanical after completing diploma Mechanical?
  5. How to take admission in btech mechanical engineering in west bengal after diploma in automobile? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How can I get admission in B.Tech at Pune University if completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from Karnataka?
  7. What can I do after completing Mechanical Diploma?
  8. What will be my salary after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  9. Can I pursue B.E in Mechanical in Abroad Studies after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering
  10. Which field should I choose after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 81%? Colleges where I can take admission?
  11. In which college can I get after completing diploma in mechanical field
  12. What is the percentage required to take admission in B.E after completing diploma in mechanical
  13. Can I do BS in Mechanical abroad after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Can I get admission in B.Tech after scoring 57% in diploma mechanical engineering? Which is the best option?
  15. How to do B.tech mechanical after completing diploma in tool and engineering?
  16. Which field should I choose after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 81% marks? Colleges for direct 2nd year admission to diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. What are the available prospects after completing Diploma in mechanical?
  18. How to join diploma in mechanical in part time after completing ITI(Mechanical)?
13th June 2013, 02:14 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to do B.Tech Mechanical after completing diploma Mechanical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUSHAGR TRIVEDI View Post
Respected Sir,
I have completed my Diploma Mechanical.now I want to do B.Tech (Mechanical) from AICTE approve college so please give me the information about the colleges Or the best University.
As you have completed your 3 years Diploma course and you are Interested in doing Bachelor degree Engineering course that is B.Tech/BE in Engineering.For taking admission in Bachelor degree engineering course you will have to apply for these entrance exam :
  • JELET(Joint Entrance Examination of Lateral Entry).
  • DET(Diploma to Degree Entrance Test).
To apply for these above listed exam,you will required to meet certain eligibility conditions.

Eligibility details for JELET :
  • For taking admission in Third Semester of Engineering your minimum educational qualification should be Diploma degree pass out from recognized technical board.
  • Your degree should be approved from the state/Central Technical education Board/University.
  • To apply for this exam,your age should not be above 27 years.
  • Your minimum marks in Diploma should be 60%.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus for JELET :
  • Questions will be from 3 sections.
  • Each section will include 50 questions.
  • Total duration of this exam will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
  • Questions will be from Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics of class X Level.
Eligibility details for DET :
  • Your minimum educational qualification should be 10th pass along with Diploma degree from recognized board/university.
  • Your subjects in class Xth should be Mathematics and Science along with English.
  • Your minimum marks in Diploma should be 50%.
  • Your Aggregate marks in Maths and Science in class Xth should be 45%.
Exam pattern and Syllabus for DET :
  • This exam will include questions from 4 sections.
  • Each section will include 25 questions.
  • Total duration of this exam will be 2 hours.
  • Questions will be from :- English,Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.
Note :- All the colleges that participate in these Entrance exams are approved from the AICTE New Delhi.Thus if you will gets selected through this exam,you will get AICTE Approved colleges.
13th June 2013, 02:52 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do B.Tech Mechanical after completing diploma Mechanical?

You can take admission for the Engineering course through lateral entry scheme. It is offered to the diploma holders which will allow you to take admission in the second year of Bachelor of Technology.

While the big upside of lateral entry scheme is that you get admission in second year of B.Tech, it also have drawback. You can not take admission in Indian Institutes of Technology or the National Institutes of Technology.

Both these institutes do not allow admission in the second year of Bachelor of Technology course. If you want, it is possible to take admission in first year, but not in second year.

For lateral entry admission you will have to appear for the Lateral Entry Engineering Test. The requirement to appear for the test is that you must have 60 percent marks in the diploma course.

Apart from Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) there are other entrance exams as well for lateral entry admission. However if you want admission in IIT and NIT even though you will be required to do first year, do the following.

Both these institutes offer admission through Joint Entrance Exam (JEE). It is replacement of IIT-JEE and AIEEE. Here is the entire procedure to follow.

JEE Details

1. JEE entrance exam has two stages, JEE Mains and JEE Advanced.

2. You need to have completed 12th with PCM to appear for JEE.

3. Candidates with 3/4 years diploma can also appear for JEE.

4. There is no percentage criteria.

5. Age limit is 25 years to appear for JEE.

6. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

7. Three consecutive attempts are given per candidate.

8. For admission in NIT you must clear JEE Mains.

9. JEE Advanced is required to apply for IIT.

10. Only top 150,000 candidates who clears JEE Mains can appear for Advanced.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?