1st July 2013, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CDS after passing diploma?

My name is manas. I am 10th pass diploma holder.. And also completed my b.tech with ncc'c' certifcate.....am i eligible for cds??? And What is the age limit for cds....

8th August 2013, 09:05 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for CDS after passing diploma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My name is manas. I am 10th pass diploma holder.. And also completed my b.tech with ncc'c' certifcate.....am i eligible for cds??? And What is the age limit for cds....
As you are saying that you have completed your B.tech on the basis of that you are eligible to apply for the Combined Defence service examination. CDS examination is conducted twice in a year. This exam is conducted by the UPSC for the selection of candidates in Indian Army, Air force and Navy.

Education Qualification
For the CDS examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the combined defence service examination.
For the Indian Navy and Air force a candidate should have physics and maths at 10+2 level or studied physics maths at graduation level as in your case.

Age Limit
Indian Military Academy 19-24 years
Air Force Academy 19-23 Years
Naval Academy 19-24 years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 years

No relaxation in age will be given to any category candidate.

For more information you can also visit at the official web site of the UPSC or you can go there directly through the below given link
www.upsc.gov.in
9th August 2013, 06:02 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CDS after passing diploma?

After Passing Diploma one is not eligible to apply for CDS entrance exam as the minimum academic qualification for CDS is Graduation Degree.

As you have completed B.Tech., you are eligible for CDS.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for an entry in to Indian Military Academy, naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Mental health.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th August 2013, 03:34 PM
sagar_001
Senior Member+

Quote:
you have not apply for CDS exam

CDS stands for Combined Defense Service

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is going to conducts Combined Defence Services

UPSC CDS is a competitive examination that comprises of : Written exams, interview for intelligence and personality test.

Age limit

Indian Military Academy : 19 to 24 Years

Air Force Academy : 19 to 23 Years

Naval Academy : 19 to 22 Years

Officers’ Training Academy :19 to 25 Years.

Education Qualification

Officers Training Academy & Indian Military Academy : Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university in India.

Naval Academy : A Degree in Engineering OR Graduation with Physics and Maths as Subjects.

For Air Force Academy: Degree in any Discipline with (Phy & Maths) as Subjects in (10 + 2) level OR Degree in Engineering.

Nationality

Citizenship of INDIA.

Best Books

16th August 2013, 02:57 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

CDS stands COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service . UPSC Conduct CDS Examination for twice in a year in CDS I and CDS II .

After cleared this examination candidates are eligible to Join -

IMA (Indian Military Academy)
OTA (Officers Training Academy)
Naval Academy
Air- Force Academy

The educational qualification and age criteria for CDS exam is given below-

Indian Military Academy:- You need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

Your age should be between 19 and 24 years.

Air Force Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics or you can do B.E./B.Tech in engineering or technology.

Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

Naval Academy:- You need to complete your graduation in engineering or technology or you can do B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics.

Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

Officer's Training Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.

Your age should be between 19 and 25 years.

Quote:
Only graduate candidate from recognized university are applicable for CDS Exam.You have B-Tech degree so you are applicable for CDS exam .
For more details about CDS exam and Application process , you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th August 2013, 06:54 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

A B.Tech graduation completed candidate is eligible for Combined Defence Service exam, CDS exam conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

Four types of wings in CDS:

Indian naval academy,

Indian military academy,

Indian Airforce academy,

Officers Training Academy.

Eligibility criteria:-

For Indian Airforce academy:

A candidate who are complete b.tech or BE degree from a recognized university is eligible for this exam.

The age limits are 19 years to 23 years.

No age relaxation.

For Indian Military academy:

A candidate who are complete their bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university.

The age limits are 19 years to 24 years.

No age relaxation.

For Indian Naval academy:

A candidate who are completed their BE or B.Tech degree from a recognized university.

The age limits are 19 years to 22 years.

No age relaxation.

For Officers Training Academy:

The candidate should be complete graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

The age limits are 19 years to 25 years.

No relaxation in age.

And

The candidate must be a citizen of India.

Applicant must be physically fit.

Male and Female both are eligible for this exam.

Selection process:-

Written exam,

Personal interview,

Medical test.

Physical standards:

Syllabus:-

For more details visit
www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck.
6th August 2017, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Its my dream. Proud to be a part of Indian Army. A'm studying at 9th shree ganesh high school Bajhtiyarpur ,Patna and I want to be a part of Indian Army after passing 10th.
29th June 2020, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed diploma and graduation can I apply for Cds
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?