11th July 2013, 12:38 AM
s. jaiswal

How can I apply for CAT after completing graduation from calcutta university with 63% marks

i have just completed my graduation from calcutta university scoring 63%...
and i want to apply for CAT 2013.. what is the procedure to follow ?? i saw in the internet that they have provided the registration time..?? please guide me as i am helpless , lost and confused !!

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to apply for CAT after completing graduation with 41% marks?
  2. How to apply for any bank exam after completing graduation from Calcutta University
  3. What is the eligibility for CAT entrance exam? I am a student of university of calcutta
  4. Am I eligible to study MSc in Mathematics after completing graduation course from a popular college affiliated to Calcutta University?
  5. Can I apply for MSc Microbiology in any university after graduating with 43% from Calcutta University?
  6. Can I do MBA after diploma in automobile engineering?
  7. Am I eligible for LLB at Calcutta University after completing graduation in 2006 with 35%?
  8. How to do LLB from Calcutta University after completing graduation with 57%?
  9. Can I appear for NET-SET exam after completing PG in Sociology from Calcutta University?
  10. How to get admission in LLB course in Calcutta University after completing HS with 60% marks
  11. Where can I join for MBA after passing B.Com with 48%?
  12. Percentage required to get admission in top law colleges for 3 years law course? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Eligibility criteria for MSc Biotech after completing graduation from Calcutta University?
  14. Am I eligible for MSc in geo informatics after completing graduation from Calcutta University
  15. Can I do graduation twice from two different university with the gap of 6 years between them? -- [New]
  16. How to join Indian Defence after doing graduation from Calcutta University?
  17. How to do MBA after passing BSc IT and while working as Administration Assistant
  18. Can I do graduation once again to pursue LLB?
11th July 2013, 09:32 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for CAT after completing graduation from calcutta university with 63% marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by s. jaiswal View Post
and i want to apply for CAT 2013.. what is the procedure to follow ?? i saw in the internet that they have provided the registration time..?? please guide me as i am helpless , lost and confused !!

Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) for the admission in MBA course.This examination is conducted in the month of November and December.

You should have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% marks and 45% marks for SC/ST category candidates.Final year pursuing candidates are eligible to apply for CAT . There is no limitation for CAT exams attempts so you can try it maximum times.

You have completed Graduation degree from Calcutta university with above 50% marks so you are applicable for CAT Exam.Because Calcutta university is recognized university .

Selection procedure of CAT Exam is of two steps in which first step is written test.After clearance of written examination you will have to attend personnel interview.Some Institute conduct GD round in selection Process .

List of the topics are coming in CAT Exam:-

English Comprehension
Data Analysis and Data Sufficiency
Logical & Critical Reasoning
Quantitative Aptitude
General awareness

List of the Best Books for CAT Exam :-

CAT Topic-wise 17 Year Solved Papers
by
Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)

Verbal Ability For CAT
by
MBAGuru
Publisher: cengage Learning (2011)

Verbal Ability For The CAT
by
Sujit Kumar
Publisher: Pearson (2011)

CAT exam date of 2013 :-

Sale of vouchers- Jul 29 - Sep 24, 2013
Registrations- Jul 29 - Sep 26, 2013
Exam dates- Oct 16 - Nov 11, 2013

For more details about CAT exam you can visit to http://www.catiim.in/
11th July 2013, 09:53 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for CAT after completing graduation from calcutta university with 63% marks

hi,
CAT exam stands for Common Admission test which is conducted to take admission in MBA course.

Qualifications for CAT:

You Must Graduated in any Discipline From Recognized University. If you are in Final year of Graduation then you can Apply for CAT exam.
you must Score 50% in your Graduation Degree.
5% Relaxation for Reserved Caste.

Examination Pattern:

Data Sufficiency
Verbal Ability
Quantitative Aptitude
Data Interpretation

To apply CAT exam,you have to visit its official website.

CAT exam can be applying online mode.

visit;-www.catiim.in
11th July 2013, 11:50 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Once you have completed graduation it is possible to apply for the Common Admission Test. The purpose of Common Admission Test is to take admission for the Master of Business Administration course which has duration of 2 years.

Although there are several universities that offers the MBA course through Common Admission Test, the main aim of the candidates is to take admission in Indian Institutes of Management.

Indian Institutes of Management are considered the finest colleges for MBA in the country. Which also means that admission in these colleges is not that easy. What you will have to do is clear the Common Admission Test with excellent marks.

CAT is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management through a rotation policy. To appear for Common Admission Test you have to first register for the exam. Without registering you can not apply for it.

CAT Eligibility

1. You must have completed the graduation from valid university.

2. Minimum of 50 percent marks in graduation.

3. SC/ST need minimum of 45 percent marks.

Registration Procedure

Since you are meeting the criteria above you can go ahead with CAT registration. First step of registration is obtaining the CAT 2013 voucher from Axis Bank. Once you have purchased the voucher go ahead with online registration procedure.

The official website of CAT www.catiim.in starts the registration process from the date mentioned in notification. You will log on to the website and follow the procedure to register for the Common Admission Test.

It is very simple procedure. First you will register on the website and create a profile following which fill the CAT 2013 form online. Please include accurate information in the form and profile. Please ensure that you have a valid email address before starting the registration.

If you find the process confusing, please go through the help page to register on the website. Here is the link - www.catiim.in/pdf/reg_guide.pdf

Important Dates

CAT Voucher Sale Dates - 29 July 2013 to 24 September 2013.

Registration Dates - 29 July 2013 to 26 September 2013.

CAT Exam Dates - 16 October 2013 to 11 November 2013.

The Common Admission Test is conducted for a period of 20 days.
11th July 2013, 02:34 PM
vikky4

Quote:
In this section you will find top and best CAT coaching institutes, centres and classes for CAT exam colleges that accept, accepting cat score, require cat score in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Pune, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and other places in India, CAT sample test papers, results and articles.

CAT 2013 Exam Dates / Notification:-

CAT 2013 Registration will start from 29 July 2013

Last date for Registration is 26 September 2013

CAT Exam Vouchers can be collected by students from selected Axis Bank branches between 29 July 2013 and 24 September 2013

CAT 2013 will be conducted between 16 October 2013 and 11 November 2013.

CAT 2013 Eligibility:-

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA)categories
11th July 2013, 03:16 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
CAT 2013 Registration dates:

Sale of vouchers: 29th July 2013 to 24th September 2013
Registrations: 29th July 2013 to 26th September 2013
Exam dates: 16th October 2013 to 11th November 2013

Website through which forms will be filled:
http://www.catiim.in/

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:
Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

So apply for the CAT exams when registration opens
12th July 2013, 01:10 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for CAT if you have completed Graduation with 63% from Calcutta University.

Before the registration starts you have to buy CAT voucher from the selected branches of Axis Bank .

The online registration for CAT will start from 29th July 2013 . So buy the voucher before this date otherwise you will not be able to register for CAT.

The online registration for CAT is done on official website http://www.catiim.in

You have to fill the application before the timer otherwise you will not be able to fill the application. You must have all the details in front of you when you are applying for CAT.

After registration completion you will be eligible for appearing for CAT by downloading the admit card from the CAT website .

Exam Pattern:

The examination will be computer based online test. The questions will be related to following topics.

-Data Interpretation and Quantitative Aptitude

-Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning

There will be negative marking for wrong answers so be careful while attempting the questions.
12th July 2013, 09:46 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Applications can be submitted online via CAT website. Registration process can be made in the months to July –September. Exam is usually conducted in October or November. Graduation with a minimum of 50% marks is the required qualification. Final year students with this much qualification can also apply. Verbal Ability, Reasoning, numerical ability, etc forms the syllabus for CAT.
12th July 2013, 11:50 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear S. Jaiswal,

The acronym for CAT is Common Aptitude Test.

CAT examination is conducted by IIMs(Indian Institute of Management) twice every year in the months of November and December for the admission in MBA course.

The eligibility criteria required for the CAT examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation 50% marks in any discipline from any recognized college or university.

* SC/ST contenders need 45% marks.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Age limit is not required.

* No. of attempts is not required.

* Nationality:- Indian.

CAT examination syllabus:-

* Logical & Critical Reasoning.

* English Comprehension.

* Data Analysis and Data Sufficiency.

* Quantitative Aptitude.

* General Awareness.

The selection procedure for the CAT examination is mentioned as below:-

* Written examination.

* Personnel interview.

CAT examination pattern:-

12th July 2013, 12:26 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You need to be a graduate first in any discipline of your choice to sit for this exam.
  • At graduation level you need to score not less than 50% of marks at graduation level.
  • SC/ST candidates needs to get not less than 45% of marks instead.
  • Final year students who are going to appear for their final qualifying exam or is waiting for the results to come out can also give this exam.
  • There is no age limit to appear for this exam.
CAT 2013 Notification:-
  • CAT 2013 Voucher Sale: 29 July – 24 September 2013
  • CAT 2013 Registration Window: 29 July – 26 September 2013
  • CAT 2013 Test Dates: 16 October – 11 November 2013
  • CAT 2013 Results: January 2014
CAT Test Pattern & Duration:-

You will have two sections to attempt in the written exam:-
  • Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
  • Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning
You will get 140 mins to complete the whole paper. For each paper 70 mins have been allotted and from each section 30 questions will be asked. There will be a timer to calculate the time and once the timer ends you wont be able to get back to the previous section.

Registration Process:-

Firstly you need to purchase the CAT voucher from any of the branches of Axis Bank between 29 July – 24 September 2013. No matter in how many number of colleges you want to apply, you have to buy only one CAT voucher.

Then you have to log into the official website of CAT:http://www.catiim.in. Then you have to enter your voucher number. The Voucher Number and the Security Code are not case sensitive. If you dont have a new profile then you have to create one with new user id and password. Then you also have to write other information that will be asked.

After that you have to give information about your work experience and the degree you hold. Then there is a section called the interview centre where you have to choose the IIM's you want to apply. After you are done submitting the profile you will be sent an email Admit Card within 24 hours.

CAT 2013 Fees:- The cost of the fee for the general candidate is Rs.1600 and Rs.800 for SC and ST candidates.

To know in details about the registration process of CAT this year you can also download the attachment below that i have uploaded for you.

Hope this helps :-> :->
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CAT Registration Guide.pdf(1.65 MB, 64 views)
14th July 2013, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

how much percentile is required for clearing the cat Exam to enter into IIM
16th July 2013, 12:30 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How can I apply for CAT after completing graduation from calcutta university with 63% marks

Quote:

Details About CAT 2013

CAT is the abbreviation of Common Admission Test which is the most prestigious examination for top Indian Business Schools..

The most important colleges which come under the CAT examination are the IIMs,FMS Delhi MDI Gurgaon, IMT Ghaziabad, IMI Delhi, SP Jain, NITIE Mumbai..

To appear for CAT..you must have completed your bachelor's degree in any stream with an aggregate of at least 50% from a recognized college..

The forms for the CAT 2013 shall be available in the month of August and September..

The CAT is purely online and objective paper and has 2 sections with an allocated time of 70 minutes and 35 questions to each section..

The 2 sections are :

Quantitative Aptitude + Data Interpretation
Verbal Ability + Logical Reasoning

There is negative marking also so carefully answer the questions..

You will be allowed to choose the time slot and date in which you have to give the exam..

The online window in which you can select your date and time slot and can appear for the exam shall be from October-November..

If you delay in filling the forms..the time slots and dates shall get filled by candidates filling the form before you..

The books which I would recommend you to go through for your preparation are :

Quantitative Aptitude and Verbal Ability by R.S.Aggarwal

Also Click Here to get additional help in your preparation for the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?