18th July 2013, 08:46 PM
bulusu amrutha lakshmi

How can I become an IAS officer after studying B.Tech?

i want to become an ias officer after studying b tech . is it possible

12th June 2014, 03:52 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer after studying B.Tech?

Yes. It is possible to become an IAS officer even after completion of your B.Tech course provided you meet the required age criteria.

Here is the required age criteria to apply for Civil Services exam which is the common written exam for the candidates to be placed in any of the civil service like
IAS
IPS
IFS etc.

For General category : 21-30 years
For OBC category : 21-33 years
For SC or ST category : 21-35 years

As per required academic qualification, one should have completed Graduation with any of the stream.

The selection procedure would involve
CSAT Exam
Main Exam
Interview

As you have completed B.Tech course, you are eligible to apply for CSAT Exam as long as you fulfill the above mentioned age criteria as per your category.

The nationality of the candidate should be India to apply for this Exam.

Wish you all the best.
21st November 2018, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer after studying B.Tech?

My age is 43. I m working as a teacher. I want to appear for dist.educational officer through departmental exam. Am I eligible for the exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?