11th May 2010, 03:31 AM
januCheenu

Can I apply for IAF pilot before getting final results in degree graduation?

Is it possible to apply for IAF pilot before getting final results in degree?

11th May 2010, 10:05 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAF pilot before getting final results in degree graduation?

So you are planning to become a IAF pilot, since you are now doing graduation, you need to appear for Combined defence services exam (CDSE). UPSC conducts CDSE exams usually in April and September. Advertisements should be out by now for September exams. Now on your doubt of eligibility to appear for exams, you need not complete the graduation to apply, first year graduation students can apply provided, if they dont have any back paper and has minimum of 60% in previous exam/semester. So you dont need to wait for final results, you can apply for September exam. Please visit UPSC site and get more details on it.
11th May 2010, 11:45 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAF pilot before getting final results in degree graduation?

yes you can apply for the IAF pilot before getting the final result............but if you are unable to fulfill the eligibility then you will be disqualified form that.........

so study well and score good marks so that you can get into it easily..........

best of luck
11th May 2010, 02:50 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

to be a airforce pilot you need to join through NDA and for giving NDA the qualifications required are
you should have passed 10+2 with physics and mathematics as subjects
your age should be between 16 and a half to nineteen years

or you can join through CDSE
for this the educational qualification required are
first classs graduation with atleast 60% marks(3 years) in any field with physics and maths in 10+2
minimum 60% (4 years) in Btech or BE
final year students can apply if they dont have any backlog and 60% marks in previous year semester
11th May 2010, 03:01 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

yes , absolutely you can just give a bonafide certificate mentioning the awaited result to the officials if asked, meanwhile you will get your result very soon.. hence the final verdict is go and appply for the post of Pilot.. good luck ...
such kind of certificates attested from the director of the college is accepted every where as well as by armed forces so don't hesitete and stay out of any misconception or doubt and go for the exam...
wish you success..
byee take care...
11th May 2010, 03:18 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Graduate students awaiting results can apply provided they dont have any back papers and has scored 60% in last semester exams. Since next Combined defense services exam is coming up in September, and if your results are coming late, you dont need to miss it. You can apply for CDSE exam provided you can provide proof of your last semester's mark list and the fact of having no back papers. All the best.
17th August 2010, 02:01 AM
jiyaa

dear friend,
appearing candidate can also apply.go for a bonafied cetificate if they ask.get your result as soon as posssible..
with best wishes
17th September 2010, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

i have got 54% in b.sc., physics. can i join airforce as a pilot through cdse.
26th December 2010, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

b.pharma student can eligible to join IAF (flying branch ) through any mode of entry ..?
20th January 2011, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

i'am doing 3rd year B.E in aeronautical engg. Is't am eligible for applying to pilot in IAF . because i hav'nt done my 2 while i have diploma in automobile engg. I saw that in IAF website is any graduate with 60% in maths and physics at 2. please reply me.
27th January 2011, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

sir i ve 57% in my graduation ...can i apply for IAF pilot?
10th February 2011, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

SIR ,I HAV COMPLETED B.SC. IN STATISTICS . NOW I M 23 YEARS OLD . CAN I JOIN IAF?
4th March 2011, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

i am in 11th now i want to become pilot in IAF.i want to what is its process? what education is required? how to appeare for pilot apptitude test?how to prepare for it?
10th June 2011, 12:53 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Applications are invited in the month of January/February from eligible male and female (both unmarried) Indian citizens for SSC Course for Helicopter Pilots in Flying Branch for the courses commencing in January and July.

Age limit for IAF Pilots :
19 to 23 years on the 1st of the month of commencement of the course.

Minimum Educational Qualification for IAF Pilots:
BSc {Physics/Maths) 3 years or BE 4 years or BSc (General) 3 years with Physics and Maths.
The candidate should not have failed INS-B/PAB Test earlier.
Should not have been suspended in Flying Training earlier.

Details Regarding Selection Procedure
Interivews Test/ Personality Test All candidates will be required to appear for Pilot Aptitude Battery Test, except those
already qualified previously. All PAB Test qualified candidates will then be required to appear for rest of the Air Force
Selection Board tests comprising of officers Intelligence Test/Psychological/Group Tests and Interview. The total selection period is approx 5 or 6 days. Candidates finally recommended by the Selection Board will be routed to Medical Examination which may take another 6 or 7 days. Duration of training is 72 weeks at Air Force Academy.
10th June 2011, 02:32 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by januCheenu View Post
--> Definitely you can apply for the Indian Air Force,if you are Graduate from Engineering or Science Degree,Arts Degree Cannot Apply for Technical Officer,only for Pilot they can apply,if they have done Physics with Maths in 12th Standard

-->You should be Medically Fit and theoretically Good in Technical and Field

-->Exam will be Conducted by Government of India, Competition is more lot of hard work is needed to get throw

-->Age limit should be Perfect

-->Check it out the Attachment

God Bless you,Best of Luck

-->Rakesh-->
Attached Files
File Type: docx Eligibility Of IAF.docx(17.8 KB, 120 views)
5th July 2011, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

i have completed diploma mechanical.how can i join indian airforce as pilot.can i join after complete b.e?
8th July 2011, 08:55 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

yes you are eligible for INDIAN AIR FORCE pilot.

final year student are also eligible for IAF.

the criteria of IAF is:-

Through NDA (10+2 PCM) maximum age limit is 19.5 years.

Through graduation maximum age limit is 23/24 years.

Engineering entry schemes is 24/25 and University entry schemes is 28.

all the best
31st August 2011, 02:10 AM
1092Ayush

Quote:
yes, you can apply for IAF pilot . Prepare for optitative maths, reasoning, aptitative . Solve previous year question papers , remember age limit is 23 for pilot.
28th November 2011, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Did b.pharmacy graduates eligible for these exams
8th May 2014, 08:50 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

You can always join the Indian Air Force as a pilot. Age should be between 19-23 Years and aspiring candidates has to be Graduates (Three Year Course) in any discipline and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech (Four Year Course) and should scored Minimum 60% in all papers put together. Air Force Common Admission Test or AFCAT is by far the biggest exam conducted for entry into the IAF. Candidates after appearing for the written test has to undergo (AFSB)SSB . The written test is same for all the candidates irrespective of the Branch Applied i.e. Flying, Technical or Ground Duties.
8th May 2014, 08:55 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

It’s a yes, you can fill in the application form in your final year. You can always join the Indian Air Force as a pilot. Age should be between 19-23 Years and aspiring candidates has to be Graduates (Three Year Course) in any discipline and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech (Four Year Course) and should scored Minimum 60% in all papers put together. Air Force Common Admission Test or AFCAT is by far the biggest exam conducted for entry into the IAF. Candidates after appearing for the written test has to undergo (AFSB)SSB . The written test is same for all the candidates irrespective of the Branch Applied i.e. Flying, Technical or Ground Duties.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?