2nd August 2013, 01:02 PM
abraham53

Can commerce student join Air Force? I am doing B.Com from Mumbai

I am a commerce student doing b.com from Mumbai and i had maths in 11-12th. Can i join the Indian Air Force?? I checked the IAF site in which i read that any one can appear for the PILOT APTITUDE BATTERY TEST exam.

19th June 2015, 12:06 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can commerce student join Air Force? I am doing B.Com from Mumbai

Sorry to let you know being a commerce student you are not eligible for Indian Air force and Indian Navy as for these wing of defense services one has to be a science stream student throughout your academics.

But being an commerce student and pursuing your bachelor's degree you are eligible for Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy once complete your graduation for joining which you will have to crack the CDS examination and for which the required qualification are as following :-

You must have the nationality of India.

You must have a bachelor degree with any stream from a recognized university.

Your age must be within 19 years to 24 years for IMA where as for the OTA it must be within 19 years to 25 years.

You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and the same examination is held by Union Public Service Commission tice every year and is commonly known as CDS I & CDS II.

Also the examination is held in two stages which are Written examination and Service Selection Board interview held in the mentioned order.

For more queries log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
18th June 2020, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can commerce student join Air Force? I am doing B.Com from Mumbai

Commerce students can apply for flying branch inair force
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?