10th August 2013, 07:54 PM
Megha Malhotraa

How to get a government job after doing MSc in Biotechnology

Hello
I am doing M.Sc. in Biotechnology. I wanted to know government job and related information in this field. Also, if someone can mention what is the suited option job or Phd.
Thank you

Related Questions:
  1. Should I go for a job or Msc Biotechnology after passing BSc Biotechnology? What are the chances for job?
  2. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I be eligible for lecturer job after completing MSc Biotechnology?
  4. What is the age limit to do B.Ed after completing MSc Biotechnology? How to get a government job in Hyderabad?
  5. How to do MSc biotechnology? I am a student of BSc Biotechnology
  6. What can I do between MSc Biotechnology and MBA after completing BSc with Biotechnology
  7. What should I do to be eligible for TRB exam and government teacher job after completing MSc Biotechnology?
  8. Difference between M.Sc(Biotechnology) and M.Sc(Clinical research)?
  9. Job opportunities in Biotechnology after passing MSc Biotechnology in Aurangabad?
  10. What are the job opportunities after doing MSc Agriculture Biotechnology?
  11. Which is the best government college in Rajasthan offering MSc in Biotechnology
  12. Job opportunities in government sector after completing MSc Biotechnology
  13. What are the opportunities in M.Tech Biotechnology? I have completed my MSc Biotechnology
  14. Am I eligible for government job after doing BSc and MSc in Biotechnology and B.Ed
  15. Procedure to study MSc Marine Biotechnology after completing BSc Biotechnology? What is the course fee and the job prospects?
  16. Which course is a better choice for me between MBA and M.Tech in Biotechnology after completion of M.Sc in Biotechnology? Job Opportunities after completion of M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  17. What is the difference between MSc Chemistry and MSc Biotechnology?
  18. Best choice after graduating in Chemistry? -- [New]
4th August 2017, 01:00 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to get a government job after doing MSc in Biotechnology

After completion of M.Sc (Biotechnology), You will have great career opportunities in government as well as private sectors in different specializations of biotechnology field.

Government Jobs After M.Sc (Biotechnology)
Most recruitments in government departments in this field conducted by UPSC, SSC, State PSC, Public Sector Bank and Indian Defence Service etc.

Government Job Sectors
- Research & Development
- Government Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Bio Processing Industries
- Environmental Related Companies
- Government Colleges
- Defence

Recruiters
- All India Biotech Association, New Delhi
- Rajiv Gandhi Center For Biotechnology, Kerala
- Biotech Consortium India Limited, New Delhi
- Amersham Pharmacia Biotech Asia Pacific Ltd., Chennai
- Excel Industries Limited, Mumbai
- Brainwave Bioinformatics Ltd., Chennai
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Mumbai
- Hi Tech Bio Laboratories, Pune

Specializations In M.Sc (Biotechnology)
- Biochemistry
- Genetics
- Physiology
- Biophysics
- Horticulture
- Microbiology
- Tissue Culture
- Dairy Technology
- Animal Sciences
- Molecular Biology

Salary
In government jobs, Salary is based on your class of selection. At earlier stage, You may get salary around Rs.15,000/- to Rs.25,000/- per month. Salary will rise according to your seniority and increment and cadre after promotion.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?