10th August 2013, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

How can I appear for CAT? I am a final year engineering student

I am in final year of engineering. My aggregate 5.33 i.e. is 48.3% and i want to appeare in CAT2013. Am i able to appear??? I am totally confident that i will have 50% in final year. Please help.

3rd September 2013, 10:06 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I appear for CAT? I am a final year engineering student

Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50% marks is the qualification required for CAT. Final year students are also eligible. You can appear for the exam now. But if you get through the written test, you must be attend counseling as the next step. At that time, you produce necessary certificates and documents, proving your eligibility. Otherwise you may get rejected.
3rd September 2013, 10:56 PM
B.Srikanth Yadav

Thumbs up Re: How can I appear for CAT? I am a final year engineering student

Hi brother,

1.CAT is Common Admission Test which is conducted by (IIMs) Indian Institutes of Management to take admission in different management program and other prestige college of MBA in India.

2.Candidates who want to make their future secure by doing MBA from IIMs then CAT entrance test is compulsory.

Educational Qualification:

3.Candidate should have bachelor degree with minimum 50% marks from the reputed and recognized University/Institute.

4.Appearing in the final year and if you are fulfill the requirement to fill the application form can also apply.45% marks will be required in case of reserved candidates.

Age limit:

5. there is no age limit for the CAT entrance exam; you can apply in any age.

Thank You.
4th September 2013, 01:56 AM
santhosh29

CAT stands for Common Admission Test is conducted by IIM

Eligibility criteria for CAT Exam:

Candidate should have Degree with minimum 50% marks From a recognized University.

Appearing in the final year and if you are fulfill the requirement to fill the application form can also apply,

minimum 45% marks will be required for SC/ST, PWD reserved category candidates.

Age Limit:

There is no age limits for CAT Entrance exam.
4th September 2013, 08:47 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for CAT in the final year of B.Tech. Engineering but you should have met the minimum percentage of marks criteria in Graduation Degree.

CAT - Common Admission Test, conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to two years Post Graduation Degree MBA(Master of Business Administration) course in IIMs.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Nationmal having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education with 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University, can apply for CAT. There is no upper age limit for application to CAT.

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
4th September 2013, 10:31 AM
ece304
Member+

Hi,
>>You can apply for CAT in the final year of B.E..The dates are also announced.

>>In middle of October the exam is going to conduct.

>>You can go for the website time4education.com for updates regarding CAT exam.

>>For getting admission into IIIMs your percentile in cat should be more than 90.

>>They will also consider your acadamics i.e. B.E.,inter,tenth marks also.So I think it is difficult for getting admission into IIMs

>>But if you work hard for CAT exam you can get admission into good colleges.

>>For CAT exam prepare QUANT &VERBAL ...

ALL THE BEST.
4th September 2013, 01:15 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

CAT stands for Common Admission Test.

It is conducted once in a year for admission in top B-Schools of India.

After qualifying CAT,you can take admission in Indian Institute of Management.

To be eligible to give CAT,you should fulfil these eligibility criteria:-

1.You should have done your graduation from a recognized university.

2.You should have secured at least 50% in your graduation.

3.There is 5% relaxation in the required graduation percentage for SC/ST/PH students.
4.There is no age limit to appear in this test.

So,since you have got 49.8% in your graduation,you are eligible to give this test only if you belong to SC/ST/PH category students.

After qualifying the written test i.e,CAT,one has to go through these two rounds also for final selection in IIMs:-

1.Group Discussion.

2.Personal Interview.

All the best..........................

4th September 2013, 03:36 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Common Admission Test is the entrance exam for all those candidates who are interested in pursuing their master's degree in business administration from the best business schools of Indian that is Indian Institute of Management.

It is also conducted by the Indian Institute of Management.

The eligibility criteria for the exam is as below:

1.Academic qualification:

>>You must have bachelor's degree in any stream like arts ,commerce,business administration ,engineering ,etc from a university that is recognized.

>>Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

>>You need to secure at least 50% marks in bachelor's degree so as to become eligible for the CAT .

As you are confident that you will be able to obtain 50% after final year completion of engineering then why not you are eligible for the CAT .

2.Age limit :

>>There is no upper age limit you can apply at any age .

3.Number of attempts :

>>There is also no bar on number of attempts for the exam.

4.The examination is computer based test which consists of questions from the following:

>>Quantitative aptitude

>>Logical reasoning

>>Data interpretation

>>Verbal ability.

The total time to give the test is 2 hours and 35 minutes and 15 minutes for the tutorial.

For any more details ,please visit www.catiim.in.For any more details CAT 2013 please click here

Note: You can also go for the certain other exams like :

>>Management aptitude test

>>Xavier's aptitude test

>>SNAP

>>GMAT

Hope the information helps you as much as you expect .For any other assistance please do not forget to leave a message here .We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Enjoy your life and all the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
4th September 2013, 04:40 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Your average score of all the 4 years combined should be 50 percent marks to be eligible for the Common Admission Test. If you are sure on meeting this criteria only then apply for the Common Admission Test.

Otherwise there is no harm is waiting for one year to apply for Common Admission Test. Therefore you must ensure that 50 percent marks are within your reach to apply for Common Admission Test.

At this moment you can definitely appear for the Common Admission Test. Final year students are not stopped from appearing for the Common Admission Test. You have to ensure that by the end of June next year, you must have necessary documents to take admission.

Which means that you must have degree/mark sheet by the end of June next year. If you failed to provide these documents then no college would offer you admission and therefore you will have to once again appear for the Common Admission Test.

At the same time if you provided the documents but failed to meet the marks criteria, you will be disqualified. Keep these things in mind before applying. If you are still confident of meeting the criteria, then go ahead and apply for the Common Admission Test.

CAT Eligibility

1. The candidate should have completed graduation.

2. Final year students are also eligible.

3. Must have 50 percent marks in graduation.

4. SC/ST need 45 percent marks.

5. There is no relaxation for OBC.

Despite the confidence, in case you missed the marks criteria for CAT, then consider appearing for the Management Aptitude Test to get admission. MAT is also conducted for admission in MBA. There is no marks criteria to appear for Management Aptitude Test.
4th September 2013, 05:14 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in final year of engineering. My aggregate 5.33 i.e. is 48.3% and i want to appeare in CAT2013. Am i able to appear??? I am totally confident that i will have 50% in final year. Please help.
Hi,

You can appear for CAT, if you fulfil the eligibility criteria required for it.

CAT – Common Aptitude Test

CAT is conducted for admission in MBA course.

Eligibility for CAT ~~

You should be a graduate with minimum of 50% aggregate marks, from a recognised college.

Final year candidate can also apply.

Since, you are a final year student , you can apply for CAT .

Syllabus of CAT~~

The CAT exam consists of these papers –

1. Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
2. Verbal Ability and logical reasoning

Reference Books for preparation of CAT ~~

How to prepare for Data Interpretation and logical reasoning for the CAT
By Arun Sharma

Verbal Ability for the CAT
By Sujit Kumar

Quantum CAT
By Sarvesh K Verma

Mastering CAT
By New Light Publications

Verbal Ability for CAT
By MBA Guru
4th September 2013, 11:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

CAT is Common Admission Test which is conducted for admission into MBA course in various top MBA colleges of India.

If you are in final year of Engineering the surely you can apply for CAT but you have to pass the Graduation with 50% marks. Also you have to pass Graduation before the admission into procedure starts for MBA through CAT.

There is 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates. So if you belong to these category then you need only 45% marks in Graduation.

Age is not a concern for CAT exam. So if you are a Graduate with above 17 years of age then you are free to apply for CAT as many times as possible.

CAT Pattern:

CAT is a Computer Based Test and you have to answer all your questions on a computer. The questions will be objective type and will be from following topics.

-Data Interpretation

-Quantitative Aptitude

-Verbal Ability

-Logical Reasoning

So concentrate on above topics if you want to succeed in CAT.

If you get a top score in CAT then you will be eligible to get admission into IIMs which are the top MBA colleges in India.

There are many other entrance exams also for MBA if you want then you can appear for them also they are MAT, GMAT, XAT, SNA, IBSAT etc.
15th September 2013, 12:25 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry to that you're not eligible to apply for CAT Entrance Examination, Because you have scored low percentage of marks in you're graduation course.

Only you're eligible for CAT Entrance Examination, If you're belong from sc/st candidate. Because 5% percentage of marks relaxation will be applicable for SC/ST candidate.

So, If you're belong from sc/st candidate then you're eligible for CAT Entrance Examination, Otherwise you're not eligible for CAT Entrance Examination.

CAT stands for (Common Admission Test) and this Entrance Examination is conducted by Indian Institute of Management for every year.

Aspirant who are aspiring to apply MBA Course in top Colleges then the Applicant should be qualified in CAT Entrance Examination with good percentage of marks.

All those candidate who have cleared Graduation course or Equivalent qualification with 50% Percentage of marks from recognized university.

Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination and Applicant who are belong sc/st candidates relaxation will be applicable for 5% Percentage of marks.

Suggestion~~

If you're found that ineligible for CAT Entrance Examination, the I suggest you to apply for MAT Entrance Examination (Management Aptitude Test) which is also called as another MBA Entrance Examination.

There is no Minimum percentage of marks required for this MAT Entrance Examination, The Applicant are qualified in Bachelor degree course without fail mark are eligible to apply for CAT Entrance Examination.

All The Best~
25th April 2019, 01:27 PM
preethipg

Hi,
Yes, if you can get good percentage in your final year exam and can make overall percentage 50%, then you can apply for the entrance exam.
Also along with your academics percentage, you have to work more to get CAT score too.
Then you can get placed in a good and preferred institute.
Good Luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?